Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Jin's First Love ❯ Is love brewing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1 is up! This is Chapter 2. Haruko-bashing ahead! And many thanks to my very first reviewers.
 
Tartar12345: Well, I've been watching the anime for quite sometime, and from I see, Jin is more likely to be straight than homosexual. Well, that's only in my opinion. As for RuHana, those two bicker a lot, and I really mean, a lot! Besides, opposites attract, right? I just hope my OC isn't too Mary-Sue.
 
Maplecherry: (Authoress blinks in confusion and faints from the info overload. She wakes one hour later and stumbles back to her chair.) Is it? (Authoress is very confused. Goes back to check.) Oops. (Rushes back to change Sakuragi's name, but is puzzled with Soichiro) My info source put Soichiro in front. I always Japanese thought they put their surnames in front….
 
Disclaimers: SD isn't mine and won't be mine even after I'm dead.
 
Chapter 2: Is love brewing?
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Previously…
 
“I've heard that you and Soichiro-san are a couple now.” She said.
 
Anne looked at her and smiled mysteriously, “Maybe. I'm considering giving him a chance after what happened to Kouji-baka.”
 
Minami gave her a slap on the back, “Go for it. I can see that Soichiro-san is a good guy, unlike someone we know.”
 
Anne chuckled at the last statement.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
On the far end of the classroom, Taka Kouji overheard what Minami had said and growled lowly.
 
How could she? He thought, forgetting the fact that they were no longer a couple.
 
You'll be mine, Anne. I'll make sure of that. Was his last thought before the bell rang.
 
Five periods later, the lunch bell rang and before Minami could call out to Anne, the team captain had already rushed out of the classroom.
 
Minami shook her head amusedly at Anne's rapidly disappearing back.
 
“Yup, she has it bad.” The vice-captain concluded.
 
Almost half an hour later, Anne had arrived at the basketball court, with both her bento box and her basketball.
 
Leaving her lunch, her medication bottle and her water bottle in the shade of the sakura tree shadow, she picked up her ball and started shooting hoops.
 
“You really want to tire yourself out, don't you?” came Jin's question, as he leaned against the door in amusement.
 
“Har, har, just laugh.” Anne replied dryly, as another shot went into the basket without hitting the rim.
 
As the ball bounced off the court, Anne walked casually and retrieved it.
 
“You do know we have less than forty minutes for lunch.” Jin reminded her.
 
“More than enough time for me.” Anne replied flatly, walking back to the stone bench.
 
Jin took his seat beside her and raised an eyebrow, “You still can eat after that workout?” he exclaimed incredulously.
 
Anne nodded, and unwrapped her bento box.
 
Swallowing her rice ball, she added, “I've been shooting hoops before lunch for the last two years. It's become a habit.”
 
Jin nodded in understanding.
 
After lunch, too quick in Jin's opinion, Anne re-wrapped her bento box and unscrewed her medication bottle.
 
“Finally taking my advice?” Jin teased, his eyes twinkling.
 
“Very funny.” Anne muttered, popping a pill into her mouth, drowning it with water.
 
A breeze blew by, and sakura petals came falling down to the concrete ground.
 
One single petal was caught in Anne's fringe. Instinctly, Jin's hand reached over and removed the pink petal.
 
Anne blinked for a second, before turning around, blushing.
 
Jin's hand immediately retreated, with him blushing as well.
 
“Gomen.” He muttered.
 
Anne said nothing. Instead, she stood up abruptly, gathered her stuff and dashed off.
 
Guess I scared her. Jin thought bemoaning.
 
“Row with your boyfriend?” Minami teased the red-faced Anne when she returned.
 
“He is not my boyfriend!” a flushing Anne exclaimed.
 
“Rrriiiggghhhttt.” Minami answered, heavy sarcasm dripping in her voice. “Keep telling yourself that.”
 
At that moment, the school bell rang.
 
When the final bell rang for school dismissal, Anne had gathered her books and was one of the first students out of the classroom.
 
Coming out of the school gate, Anne was remotely surprised to find Jin waiting for her.
 
“Basketball practice is only from Monday to Wednesday.” He explained, answering her unasked question,
 
Anne nodded in acknowledgement.
 
Walking alongside of her, Jin had unquestionably offered to accompany her to the train station.
 
“About this afternoon, I'm sorry.” Jin suddenly said, breaking the silence.
 
“Sorry about what?” Anne asked.
 
“Embarrassing you, I guess.” He admitted.
 
“Oh.” Came Anne's soft admittance.
 
On arriving at the train station, Jin posted a question, blushing heavily, “I know it's kinda of early to ask this, but, Anne, would you be my girlfriend?”
 
Anne was taken aback, before she answered softly, “Ask me again next week. I need to consider this.”
 
Jin could only stand there mutely as Anne walked into the station.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Two hours later…
 
“Imuoto-chan, you alright?” Sakuragi Hanamichi asked his younger sister.
 
Anne frowned and tossed a pencil at him.
 
“Don't you know it's basic curtsey to knock?” she retorted.
 
“I did knock.” Hanamichi protested. “But you didn't answer.”
 
“Mou, onii-chan.” Anne pouted cutely.
 
Hanamichi grinned mischievously, “So, what's on your mind?”
 
“Nothing.” Anne replied, going back to her homework.
 
But, Hanamichi knew better.
 
“Boy problems?” he suggested.
 
Anne remained mute.
 
Taking her silence as a `yes', Hanamichi pressed.
 
“If it's that Kouji again, the guntun and I will have to teach a lesson he'll never forget.” The redhead promised.
 
“It isn't Kouji-baka.” Anne admitted.
 
Hanamichi let out a smile, but fond smile, So, okaa-san is right. My little imuoto-chan is in love, but with a different guy.
 
Turning back to `his `normal' mode, he demanded, “Which baka thinks he's good enough to date the Tensai's imuoto-chan?”
 
Anne sweatdropped. Typical onii-chan.
 
“I haven't answered him yet!” she retorted, in defense.
 
Hanamichi quirked a brow at his sister, “And how do you know if he isn't like Kouji?”
 
“I can feel it.” Anne answered softly.
 
Hanamichi nodded and ruffled Anne's hair playfully.
 
“Good luck with your dream guy.”
 
Then he exited.
 
Anne smiled gratefully at her brother.
 
Her decision was final.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
In the Soichiro house, Jin was in his room, finishing up his advanced biology.
 
“Told her yet?” Yukito asked.
 
Jin mutely nodded.
 
“Has she answered?” the older Soichiro pressed.
 
“She said she needed a week to decide.” Jin replied off-handily.
 
“This means she had a bad relationship.” Yukito concluded.
 
“Huh?” Jin turned to face his brother, with a confused expression.
 
“Postponing her decision means that she needs some time to think over your proposition and to get over the guy who broke up with her.” Yukito explained.
 
“How come you're so sure that he broke up with her and not the other way around?” Jin pressed.
 
Yukito thought for a while, “You might be right.” He nodded.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
The next morning…
 
“Hello, anybody in there?” Anne asked frantically, waving her hand in front of Jin, who seemed to have spaced out.
 
“Huh?” Jin was suddenly returned back to the present world.
 
“Welcome back to the living, space-case.” Anne muttered, somewhat amused.
 
“Funny, Anne.” Jin complained.
 
“You can forget about the last sentence I said yesterday.” She added, while on the way to school, breaking the ten-minute silence.
 
“Wa?” came Jin's puzzled question.
 
“I have been thinking about this last night, and I'm willing to give us a chance.” She added, a small blush gracing her cheeks.
 
Jin's eyes brightened up slightly, “Hontou?”
 
Anne nodded, her blush deepening.
 
“Hai.”
 
“Arigatou, Anne, you've no idea how happy you've made me.” Jin answered, his voice wavering.
 
“But only for a trial of one month. I've no intention of starting a real relationship at this point.” She added, quite regretfully.
 
“How come?” Jin asked, concern in his voice.
 
“Had a bad relationship less than five months earlier. That jerk-ass cheated on me.” Anne replied, as memories of Kouji-baka's betrayal flooded back into her mind.
 
“Dumped him right on the spot.” She added.
 
Jin nodded in understanding.
 
“Alright, for one month. And what happens after that?”
 
“We'll just have to see what happens.” Anne replied. I know I'm not ready to plunge into a relationship right now, but why do I feel my heart's breaking?
 
“Oh.” Came Jin's disappointed reply.
 
By the time the conversation ended, the pair found themselves outside the Tomigaoko Junior High School gates.
 
Giving Anne a quick kiss on her forehead, Jin bade her farewell and headed off to Kainan.
 
“Boyfriend already?” Minami asked teasingly at the lockers.
 
Anne nodded sheepishly.
 
“Sugoi!” the vice-captain exclaimed, slapping the embarrassed Anne on the back.
 
“Kinashita-chan…” Anne muttered.
 
 
In Homeroom, Taka Kouji stormed in front of Anne's table.
 
“Listen to me onna, and listen well. You have no right to date another, you got me? You're mine, mine alone!” he screamed at her.
 
“Kouji-san, I creased to be `yours' the moment you cheated on me behind my back, baka.
We are already through! Right now, I have the freedom to date anyone I want.” Anne retorted.
 
“Besides, I'm not something you can own!” she shouted back at him.
 
“She's right.” Minami added, standing up to defend her best friend.
 
“…” was Kouji's muted response. He hated to be outnumbered!
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Anne was already out of the classroom the split second the lunch bell rang.
 
Jin was already standing under the oak tree, waiting for her.
 
Smiling at the hyper girl, the 3-pointer pushed himself up, just as Anne ran up to him.
 
“Konnichiwa Jin-kun. Hope you've not been waiting for long.” Anne greeted her `still-on-trial-period' boyfriend.
 
Jin shook his head, “Iie, I just came.”
 
“Ikimashou.” He said, pulling her along.
 
Anne nodded and allowed herself to be pulled along.
 
Anne suddenly posted a question to Jin, thirty minutes later.
 
“Is it me, or are we being watched?”
 
Jin quirked a cute brow at her and looked around.
 
“I don't think so.” he admitted.
 
Anne, however, was not convinced.
 
Grabbing a basketball, she tossed it above the fence of the basketball court in a random
direction.
 
A loud `Itai' was heard.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
SailorStar9: And who has the guts to spy on our developing couple? Answers in the next chapter.