Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Jin's First Love ❯ Truth revealed and a date promised ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: After a long period of writer's block, I've finally got my butt down to type this out. Read and review, people.
 
Chapter Summary: Our `intruders' are revealed and we get to know how Anne actually got into the world of basketball.
 
Chapter 3: Truth revealed and a date promised
 
Disclaimers: SD isn't mine and won't be mine even after I'm dead.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
“Ohayo, Kenji-sensei. You too, Toru-nii.” Anne grinned, as she stood up and turned around.
 
The two sophomores of Shoyo stepped out sheepishly.
 
“Fujima-san? Hanagata-san?” Jin blinked in confusion.
 
Giving the two a playful glare, Anne asked, “And what do you think you're doing spying on me?”
 
“You mean us, chibi?' Fujima teased, turning a knowing look at Jin.
 
The third-year student had the decency to blush.
 
“Back to the topic, what are you doing here?” Anne pressed.
 
“Ow, can't we see our little disciple once in a while?” Fujima grinned, as both he and
Hanagata stepped into the basketball court.
 
“I do believe this is yours, chibi.” Hanagata smiled, tossing the basketball back to its owner.
 
Anne caught it effortlessly.
 
“Toru-nii.” she pouted.
 
“Told you our chibi had good taste.” Fujima whispered to Hanagata.
 
“Just like you?” Hanagata teased.
 
“You know them?” Jin asked Anne.
 
“Chibi here, is our favorite disciple.” Hanagata pointed a thumb to Anne, answering Jin's question.
 
“Fah, I'm your only disciple.” Anne retorted.
 
“We know chibi.” Fujima grinned.
 
“So what's the story?” Jin asked, when all four were comfortably settled down.
 
Fujima, Hanagata and Anne looked at each other and grinned.
 
“It all started….” Fujima began.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
Flashback
 
Eight-year-old Anne was practicing shots in the basketball court, only to have the ball bounce off the hoop.
 
“You have the potential, chibi. But you're just not doing it right.” a voice announced from the back.
 
Ignoring the bouncing ball on the floor, Anne turned to see who had spoken.
 
Picking up the fallen ball, ten-year-old Fujima Kenji ran forward to the three-pointer line and shot it in perfectly.
 
“I could teach you that, chibi.” Fujima nodded.
 
“Hai sensei!” Anne chirped.
 
From that day on, both Fujima and Hanagata began teaching Anne to play.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
“No wonder you're so good.” Jin muttered.
 
“How in the world Kenji-sensei was in the court, I have no idea. But hey, I'm glad he did.”
Anne chirped.
 
“Because I've been watching you for some time, chibi. I knew you had the potential of becoming the best in Kanagawa. You have the stamina.” Fujima supplied.
 
Hanagata nodded, “Kenji taught her the basics and necessity of point guarding in basketball. I taught her not to rely on her height but use the power of her jumping.”
 
“Height, Toru-nii? What height?” Anne muttered.
 
The two sophomores looked down at the pouting girl. In truth, she was still comparatively shorter than them.
 
“You'll grown, chibi.” Fujima assured her as he ruffled her hair.
 
“In due time.” Hanagata agreed.
 
“Which isn't long enough.” Anne complained.
 
“I have no idea when it will erupt again.” she added.
 
“You had it under control, chibi.” Hanagata told her.
 
“Under control, yes. But not completely gone.” Anne replied.
 
At that, Fujima glanced down at his watch.
 
“Toru, we'd better get going.” he announced.
 
Hanagata nodded and the two sophomores stood up.
 
“We'd better get going.” Hanagata repeated.
 
Met by two mute nods from the younger teens, the two second-years went off.
 
“Well, there goes our lunch” Anne muttered.
 
Jin nodded in agreement.
 
“Before I forget. Don't go consolidating with the enemy, chibi!” Fujima shouted.
 
“Kenji-sensei, don't drag me into your feud with Maki-san!” Anne shouted back.
 
“Gotcha!” Fujima grinned.
 
“And what was that about?” Jin asked.
 
“Long story.” Anne sighed.
 
“Most stories are.” Jin agreed.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
“What took you so long?” Minami whispered when the sensei's back was turned.
 
“Kenji-sensei and Toru-nii showed up.” Anne whispered back.
 
Minami gave her a `Oh I see' look and the two returned to their books.
 
“Hey Anne, there's a festival this Sunday. You coming?” Minami asked during the change in period.
 
The blue-haired captain blushed.
 
Minami grinned knowingly.
 
“Hot date huh?”
 
Anne's blush deepened.
 
Minami smirked.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
After school, Jin and Anne walked to the train station in silence.
 
“So…” Anne began.
 
“I'll pick you up at seven on Sunday.” Jin added.
 
Anne mutely nodded and stepped on the train when the door slid open.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
SailorStar9: Short chapter I know. But I felt that it'll make up for lost time.