Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Fiancee...??? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16

Yuna's dream…

"Oniisan, do you think that one day I will be the strongest girl in Kanagawa?" Yuna asked. She was with Yuki in the park playing one evening.

"Why would you want to be that?" Yuki said laughing. "You are a girl, try to be more like one."

"But Oniisan, I am helping you with the Judo Hall; I have to train to be strong." Yuna replied. "One day I will be so strong no one can beat me!"

"You will grow up to be a tomboy!" Yuki looking amusedly at his younger twin sister. "I would prefer my twin sister to be a gentle little girl."

"I can't be little all the time!" Yuna retorted. "And what if I am a tomboy!"

"No boys will like you then!"

"I don't need other boys." Yuna cried. "Oniisan is always here with me."

Yuki laughed. "You are one twin sister that knows how to take her twin brother's heart. You know, one day you will grow up to be hell of a girl."

End of Yuna's dream.

Yuna opened her eyes slowly, Oniisan, she thought rubbing her eyes softly. Everything looked blurry to Yuna, when she could focus properly again she was staring up the ceiling of her room. She was sleeping on her bed, and not with Yuki in the park. It was early, Sunday morning as Kasumi came to Yuna's room to wake her up.

"It's time to get ready Yuna." Kasumi said.

Yuna blinked her eyes then coming back to reality. She sat up as Kasumi closed her room door softly again. She placed her palm on her forehead. It was a dreamed she thought and then getting a grip on herself she flung her blanket away and got up from bed to get ready.

Yuna waited downstairs by the door dressed in a black dress. She hardly wears dress except when she and her family visited their parents' grave on occasions. Ojiisan was already outside the front gate waiting for them. She looked up the stairs and saw Rukawa following Kasumi and Sota down the stairs. He was also dressed in black. He wore a black long sleeve shirt with collar and buttons and a black pants. Yuna blinked when he came down. To her surprised he looked really awake for a change in the morning.

"Let's go." Kasumi said when they reached the landing.

"You coming too Rukawa?" Yuna asked him.

Rukawa nodded once. Yuna was wearing a black dressed with white colour and a pair of black healed shoes. He had never seen Yuna in a dress before, so he could only stare. Even the dress was black she looked really nice in dresses. Though Rukawa who never praise Yuna on anything kept it to himself. They made their way out going to the morgue to have the funeral for her brother. His body had arrived yesterday, and they had made an immediate burial when it arrived.

The ceremony went on the whole day, finally when they made the burial, Kasumi, Sota and ojiisan was sobbing. Yuna could only stand beside, watching numbly. She didn't shed any tear as she watched them cover the ground over the coffin. Rukawa watched Yuna's expressionless face wonderingly if she was fighting with her emotions again.

After the ceremony, Kasumi, Sota and ojiisan's eyes were blood shot as they made their way home. It was late in the evening and Kasumi didn't planed to cook they had ordered a take out before heading back home. Yuna however, went straight upstairs not wanting to eat anything.

"Yuna, you should at least a little!" Kasumi called after her.

"Not hungry." They heard her reply as she walked upstairs.

Yuna slammed her door shut, took off her black dress and tossed it to the floor before she flopped down her bed burying her face in her pillow. She didn't care she was in her undergarments as lay on her bed. Not long later, someone knock on the door.

"I said I don't want anything Kasumi neechan." Yuna said.

There was a short silence before Yuna heard Rukawa's voice. "It's me."

Jumping up Yuna grabbed a t -shirt and threw it over herself incase Rukawa comes in again. She sat on her bed looking at the door but it didn't open.

"What do you what?" She asked then.

"Can I come in?"

Yuna stared, he usually just barged in. He was sure polite today.

"Come in if you want." She said and sighed, flopping down the bed again staring up the ceiling.

Rukawa entered the room then. Yuna was staring into space looking blank. He shut the door softly and stood by the door making no attempt to move any further.

"What is it Rukawa?" Yuna asked still staring up the ceiling.

"I brought you something to eat."

"I said I am not hungry."

Rukawa walked over to her desk then and place the plate there. He turned to look at her then shoving his hands into his pockets. When Yuna didn't say anything he turned to leave.

"Rukawa…" Yuna called sitting up then looking out the window.

He turned around slightly to face her.

"Has anyone you cared ever died?" Yuna asked.

Startled at the question Rukawa could only shake his head.

"I wanted to see him again." Yuna whispered. "I wanted to see him again very much."

She felt hot tears appearing again in her eyelids. She frowned slightly trying to hold them back. She hated to cry, the attempt to hold her tears back was so difficult her whole body shook. She had tried the whole day at the funeral not to cry. In the end she still did.

Rukawa walked over to her when he saw tears in her eyes. He sat down next to her and pulled her towards him. Yuna who was surprised at Rukawa's actions was numb as she laid on his shoulders his arm around her. Feeling comfortable like before, slowly she placed her hand on his chess and started sobbing on his shoulder.

*************************************************************** *********

The next day, during dinner time, a quarrel broke out between ojiisan and Yuna.

"But ojiisan, now that Yuki Oniisan won't be around, I will be the one taking care of this place now!" Yuna exclaimed. "Don't you think I should finish my training in China? I was so near in completing it."

Rukawa remained silent as he listened to their conversation. Yuna seemed determined to leave. He didn't understand, why. All he felt was he didn't want her to leave. Ignoring how he was feeling he ate slowly.

"You can continue training here." Ojiisan said.

"And who is going to train me?" Yuna demanded.

"I will." Ojiisan said.

Sota and Kasumi who were watching silently looked at Yuna slightly anxious.

"You will?" Yuna said looking at ojiisan disbelievingly.

"What is wrong with that?" Ojiisan said being defensive. "Don't forget I used to run this judo hall."

"Like you said ojiisan, you used to." Yuna said flatly getting up. "Excuse me!"

Yuna left the dining area then and made her way to the training hall. She looked around sadly. She was waiting for Yuki to come home, he will be so proud to know how well she had been keeping it safe from others. She walked up to the sign and knelt down looking down the floor. She looked up again when she heard footsteps coming. She turned around. Rukawa entered the Judo hall walking towards her.

"You really want to go to China?" He asked looking down at her.

"I just wanted to finish my training." Yuna said standing up.

"The IH matches are coming," Rukawa said. "In Hiroshima…" He wanted her to go with him, but of course he will never ask her that.

"I know." Yuna turned away. She was planning to go with him at first even if he never ask, but now things were so different she didn't know what else to think.

"Rukawa-kun!" Kasumi called at the corridor. "Someone on the phone for you."

Rukawa looked surprised for a moment before he turned away and walked out the hall back into the house. Yuna followed suit, Rukawa picked up the phone talked for a short while and hang up again. He turned to Yuna then.

"I need to go." He said shortly.

"Aren't you staying over?" Yuna asked.

"Iya." Rukawa replied flatly and walked out the house.

Yuna stared after him slightly stunned. What was that all about? She wondered.

*************************************************************** *********

The next morning, when Yuna went into her class she saw everyone talking in groups. They were speaking in such hush voices, she wondered if she had entered a hospital or something. Haruko looked very depressed sitting at her place with both Fujii and Matsui standing by her. She went up to them.

"Haruko-chan, Fujii-chan, Matsui-chan oyaho." Yuna said. "What's up? Everyone seemed to be acting weird today."

"Didn't you know?" Matsui asked. "The whole school is talking about it."

"Know what?" Yuna looked at them bewildered.

"Rukawa-kun has a fiancée." Fujii said softly. "She just came home from London."

"Fiancée?" Yuna was taken aback from the news stood motionlessly on the spot.

"Surprising for someone who shows no interest in girls has a fiancée." Matsui said crossing her arms in front of herself.

"According to the rumours, it is arranged by his parents." Fujii said.

The teacher came in then, and everyone ran for their seats. Yuna went to her place feeling her heart in her stomach. Not wanting to admit that Rukawa could make her upset she shove it away and tried to concentrate in the subject unsuccessfully.

It seemed like a long day for Yuna, when the final bell rang. She packed her things slowly then. She had stayed in class the whole time, not wanting to bump into Rukawa. Everyone was talking on top of their voice for a change, as they made their way out the class.

"Did you hear?" One of the boys said to a girl. "I heard, Rukawa-san's fiancée, is studying here in class group 4. She had joined up the Rukawa's Fan Club as soon as she heard there is one."

Yuna stopped packing listening to them.

"Ahh?" the girl exclaimed. "She must really adore him."

"I guess, if not I don't think she would join the club, right?" The boy said and they both left the class together.

Yuna looked up and turned to their direction her face void from all expression. "…." She blinked and continued packing her things into her briefcase.

She walked out the class slowly when most of the students had already left. She made her way to the basketball court. She wanted to make sure of one thing. The doors at the basketball court stadium were already filled with girls rooting for Rukawa when Yuna stood upstairs and watched the practice below. Rukawa was as usual practicing hard and ignoring those girls.

"TAKE A BREAK!!!" She heard Akagi shouted. He looked really annoyed at those rooting girls.

"Rukawa-sama!!" A girl with her long black hair wearing down her waist ran into the court with a towel in her hand.

Yuna watched her silently gripping the rail tightly in her hands. She could see she was slightly taller than she was and slightly tanned. She was very pretty with a very nice figure and was wearing the Love Rukawa cheerleading outfit.

"That is Riko Rukawa's fiancée," Yuna heard someone said downstairs.

"So, it's true." Yuna whispered. "Fiancée…?"

Rukawa looked over at Riko when she ran up to him. He turned away from her as he did, he saw Yuna standing on the first floor of the basketball hall. His eyes widened with shock for a second when he saw her standing upstairs looking down at him. Rukawa never saw her looking at him like that before. Her face was filled with revulsion, he wondered if she was Yuna or not. Yuna could be angry, expressionless but she never ever looked at Rukawa with revulsion before. He hadn't seen her during break and seeing her now made his heart skip a bit quickly turning away from her direction.

"Rukawa-sama!" Riko said passing him a towel. "You are great!!!!"

Rukawa looked down at Riko again wishing she would just disappear. He walked away from Riko then and looked back at where Yuna was standing, but she was no longer there. Rukawa cursed inwardly, he didn't know why this happened anyway. It wasn't his fault; he was told yesterday night by his parents he had a fiancée.

I never plan for this to happen! He thought in displeasure.

*************************************************************** *********

"HAAAAIIIIIIK!!!!!"

Yuna swing her hand down on a pile of bricks. She had never felt so humiliated in her life before. She turned to another pile of bricks she had prepared and smashed it too. She was really irate beyond recognition.

Rukawa, BAKA! She thought furiously. To think that he actually cared…

Yuna frowned then, turning to her work out wooden pole she jumped up and gave it side kick, "HAAAAAIIII YAAAK!!!!" Her feet hit the wooden pole and broke it into two.

Sota, who had just returned home from school, saw how angry Yuna was, and how she had broke her wooden pole he ran into the house quickly.

*************************************************************** *********

Rukawa dashed out the school soon as he finished practice, to everyone's surprise because he usually stayed behind to continue practicing. He got his bicycle and cycled to Yuna's house. Sota was outside the yard sweeping the floor when he came in. He looked up at him and smiled.

"Ah, Rukawa Oniisan." Sota said. "If you are looking for Yuna, she is at the basketball court."

Rukawa walked towards the house then.

"By the way," Sota added. "Be careful, Yuna seemed really angry today. She broke everything, she owned at her workout yard."

Sota pointed to the side of the house where Yuna's workout area was. Rukawa saw everything smashed. He blinked, he was sure he had never seen Yuna that way before. He entered the house slowly then.

He went into the kitchen and saw Kasumi preparing dinner. She turned around when Rukawa entered and smiled.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Rukawa-kun?" She asked.

"I'm looking for Yuna." He said.

"She at the back, she hadn't play basketball since Yuki left. I was surprised myself she is right now." Kasumi said going back to her cooking. "She used to be the captain of her school girls basketball team."

Rukawa went out through the back kitchen door after Kasumi finished talking. He stood by the court watching Yuna. She was throwing in three pointers; she kept missing all her shots. Rukawa shoved his hands into his pockets watching her.

She was the captain? Rukawa wondered as he watched her. She sucks…

Yuna feeling someone standing by the court turned to look and frowned immediately when she realized it was Rukawa.

"Leave me alone Rukawa!" Yuna said furiously. "Don't you think you should be looking for your fiancée instead of me?"

"I need to talk to you."

Yuna turned away, and walked the other direction that led to the corner of the yard. She was heading back to the judo hall and Rukawa followed suit. Yuna turned to him angrily then.

"Stop following me, you…" Yuna hadn't called him that for a long time. Not caring she shouted the final word. "HENTAI!"

Rukawa looked at her unaffected by her words. Yuna quickly turned away from him when she thought she was in a verge of breaking into tears.

"I just want to tell you it wasn't my idea." Rukawa said. I want you to understand that I really had no idea about it. We had been really nice to each other lately and I wanted to keep it that way. I never knew about Riko until my parents came home yesterday. They called me to go home. That was why I didn't stay over. It is really wasn't my fault, I swear I had no idea about this at all."

Rukawa who had never talked to anyone that much before was surprised himself that he practically explained everything in long sentences to Yuna. To his annoyance Yuna still had a back on him. Didn't she understand he was trying to tell her, he had nothing do to with Riko?

"I don't care if you did or not." Yuna said softly her back on him.

"I'm trying to explain that I didn't know Riko was my…"

"You are really talkative today." Yuna interrupted, she didn't want to hear another word about Riko being his fiancée. It actually hurts to hear it. "For a person who never string more than a few words together to make a sentence; is talking in full sentences now. I think there will be a blue moon today." Yuna stopped for moment, and then she sighed and continued. "It doesn't matter. You don't need to explain anything to me."

She was about to walk away when Rukawa pulled her back, turned her around and embraced her. Yuna too stunned by his action stood dazedly on the spot. She felt her heart aching then as tears burned her eyelids. Rukawa had a fiancée they shouldn't be doing this.

"Rukawa…" Yuna whispered her whole body shaking, trying her best to keep her tears in tact. "Please stop."

She pushed him away gently and quickly looked away from him so that he couldn't see that she was crying.

"You still don't understand?" Rukawa said. He couldn't make himself to tell her that he cared about her and not Riko, so he was trying to show her.

"It is you who don't understand." Yuna said softly. "You have a fiancée."

Rukawa was speechless then. He didn't know what else to say or do.

"Just…" Yuna muttered walking away. "Just go home."

She walked away from him, as tears streamed down her face. She hated herself for caring so much about Rukawa. She hated herself for falling for him and most of all she hated to meet him in the first place. She didn't understand why, she met him if she had to suffer like that.

Rukawa, baka! She thought to herself.

Rukawa watched Yuna walked away feeling angry and dejected. He was trying to tell her that he care about her, even though not in words and she walked away. He clutched his hands into fists watching Yuna disappeared around the corner of the house.

Yuna is sure a tomboy, Rukawa thought. Baka!