Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ age of changes ❯ the beginning 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : I am aware that I do not own the slayers …… But I sure wish I could J

Chapter 1

In a tree not far away from the shadow phenomen, another creature, full of wounds and brushes, some really bad-looking, had just teleported itself on a tree-branch . Certainly, it was because of thaws that it almost immediately loose its concentration and feel of that particular branch, where it had laid down , one leg hanging .

A Muffled curse fallowed the laud thud, as the creature came down.

Xellos, member of the mazoku, also known as the demon race , groaning set upright on the forest-flour, were he had landed and winced at his sour head. He began rubbing it with his glowed hand, then twisted his upper body and head in default directions to look around and , if lucky, to know the place where he had teleported himself in that hasty movement of his.

Clenching his teeth tightly, as a piercing pain shot trough his human body and centered at the chest area, the demon quickly crooked his body. He automatically reached to his hart and grabbed the shirt fabric tightly. The lavender eyes cracked half open as a treal of demon blood dripped trough the fingers, that clutched now a blood stained shirt. Oh my … , hmm… my own blood…, this is … interesting, … seams this fucker… got… me real bad, he mused too himself. Xellos tray to chuckle, but instead he managed to end up only couching. As the impact finely ended , he tilted his head back with a sigh at the tree, where he sought shelter from a beast , who threatened to end his endless live.

The demon shot his eyes tight, normally straight, shoulder length dark-purple hair feel from the sites of his face in a mess, a few strands falling to the forehead . He knitted his brows together and took a harsh breath , from the corner of his mouth trailed dark blood . I better get some rest , before I face her .....

His half open ametist eyes stared for a moment in the leaves of the tree. The green -brown tented tree-leaves sparkled with light and danced riotously in the blending sunshine.

My L-sama, it's just too rarely that one managed so seriously too injure me, he bit his bottom lip, oh… I forgot the filing of being so badly wounded. And the last time that such a bloodsucking bastard could claim my name was a long millennia behind…

And with the blood dripping trough the wound, the strength kept leaving the body too. The bed of rather soft grass and the smell of fresh rain water was alluring, and so for the demon was not hard to fall in to the sweet sleep of incautiousness. Near rouse numerous grouse cries of an crowd of birds on the run .

A snarling , a low growl, a ear-piercing screech , a broken staff, a dark figure, the incredibly alluring, beautifully, flouting black wings… he himself tempting to reach them… struggle not to listen to the awfully appealing sense ……. an strong will forcing his own to move his hand and body to the creature….a hand digging brutally and deeply in his torso … a imaginary claw grabbing at him trying to dominate his astral body, to control his will , demanding to betray …the pain… the agony… it was the dreadfulness hurt he had ewer experienced… his hands, his talons , tiring the occupying flesh and desperately trying to get free, before he could betray ….

Xellos did not know how long he slept, but obweously long enough, then his brushes and smaller wounds had heeled, doe too his regeneration ability.

His mind dripped slowly back to cautiousness . The thoughts came rapidly back to his mind-grab as he stirred awake . …..What is going on....... ah...oh... i had fallen of a tree….head first….not weary pleasant … he moved to get up. With his hands searching for a good hold , and finally finding it at the jagged tree-bottom. He grabbed it firm to pull himself up. At last he stood steadfastly , and looked around him once more. He missed one thing.

Hmm………. Where is it! ... anger kept stirring at his senses .... I know I managed to snatch it from him… it muss be here somewhere… his heavy cloak flouted lazily behind him as he make his way trough the Underwood in searching for his dear staff. His found was not far away from the spot where he had teleported himself . He bend down and took the broken staff in his hands , looking at it with a bitter expression . ''there … hmm…'' he roomed with his open ametist eyes over the in two broken wooden staff . One piece had a dark matt red , almost black orb on its tip, bedded in a fork-like crown, the orb once shined a weary intensive blood red, and when in attack it swirled and shin a bright red.

The demon trait to putt the edges together , but they failed to hold as one , and so the red orb staff reminded to be break apart.

Xellos pursed his lips '' I guess Zelas-sama could repair the thing '' .

He took his purse that was hanging queer on his shoulder and put the two pieces- staff in it. As if the whole afear would be settled whit that, he suddenly brightened up, as if putting a mask on. A happy-go-lucky expression appear on his somewhat pale face . The mazoku going a step or two, his whole frame unexpectedly flickering, before he also suddenly disappeared .

***

A town or rather a city come into view on the horizon . It's roofs were shimmering in the morning light . The settlement was in the midst of red trees . Some were as red as fire , some were a beautiful color of yellow glittering like gold , another were a mere brown several even black. The incredible was however , that there was no green trees . It is also why they named the forest as Red Woods , cuss no one ever sough a tree that would hold a green color. The city was called Sairag. A city that once had a mighty tree growing in mid of it. It was the great Flagoon.

A person came up the rout that was leading to the city . The person seem looking like a women. As she eventually came closer , one could see that the woman was young , she looked like her late twenties. Her light blond hear was set in a loose ponytail , cowering her unusually long elven ears , and few locks falling free down her face. Matt-white wander boots , a pale rose color, underknee-length skirt and a long-sleeved , caro-style blouse were her wardrobe .

She would look wary lovely and innocently, if she would not stomp her feet whit such anger, and swung her shop bags so violently forth and back , and fume all the time.

The women spotted a oak-tree and decide to rest before she would go trough Sairag , '' and , she growl , '' to come down of another of my temper tantrums. ''

So she made a pause and with a huff plumped down on the grass beneath the shadow sharing tree . Her somewhat heavy baggage slide down of her open palms and plunged down by her sides. And sighing she tried to compose herself .'' that good for nothing store owner '' she grumbled, '' says I'm not good enough too run a store '' she mimicked sarcastically , '' cuss I'm woman he says !'' she said grumbling on an ended screaming a weary un lady-like ''BULSHIT!!!!'' .

And as she cooled herself again ''well, know what'' her voice rouse again'' first he should hold a store the first hundred years and THEN we can have a discussion on how to hold a store !!''

she calmed once more a little ,'' besides, I've been holding a store by now nearly two-hundred years, Iiii should know how too handle a shop'' she fumed on and on , her voice going up and down like on a rollercoaster .

By now It's sure that this particular lady isn't an ordinary one . In truth, she is a ryuzuko, from the dragon race and her name is Filia ul Copt .

The gold dragon , if we are precise, stood slowly up , bowing just once more to gather her bags and standing once more up with a sigh . '' I should really watch at my temper …'' she breathed'' plus, before I knew , I would end up being a violent , selfish dragon …. and that would again make one particular mazoku weary satisfied,…… but I would rather sing naked, facing all my elders , before I give that damn namagomi of a mazoku right.''

So with that settled she once more advanced towards Sairag.

Walking trough the gate of the city , Filia made a note ,next time too go to the flower-store and pick up some buckeyes for her vases , it's a waste that such astonishing ceramic would decay on a cupboard.

Sairag was a weary noisy metropolis, people were rooming trough and coming out of streets and alleys , citizen were crowding at markets that are spread over the whole city . On every corner sough one many bargain stands and lots of impressive tents , brightly colored in red and purple and with breathtaking gold ornaments . One had a motive of plant life , the other had one of marvelous dragons illustration , chasing their tails around the tent in a wild race. A mixture of keen salesmen and enthusiastic customers were trading and gambling happily . Some were tough a bit too eager to come to wealth, so a street- struggle was not far hereafter .

She stride trough the fully crowded center bazaar that lay on the way to her home , glancing left and right for various prized pottery pieces or some high-quality swords . She made a dear friend a promise to look out for good swords . By one sellsman she halted . A beautiful outworked peace of a sword had strung her eye . The steel weapon had a remarkable pattern that trailed on the whole length of the blade , the sides were razor sharp, but the weight was oddly little for a sword , it would surely shatter if it came down on what solid. The dragoness putt it on the stand again and firmly bowed too the seller , before she strode away.

It was already sundown before Filia came to her house slightly out of Sairag and rather at the beginning of the Red woods. In midst red-gold trees stood a two-floor house made of wood. In the first floor is a pottery and weapon shop , the second is Filias domicile .

The dragoness closed the door behind her and began to leave up the stairs , once at the top of the stairs she glanced over her shoulder down at her shop-floor , all was ok. Leaving the bags on the counter in the kitchen , she sat herself down at the table wit a exhausted sigh. In one hand she took a cup of tee , seeping from it from time to time, in the other she hold a lather that she yet again read all over again .

The lather was from her friend Lina and her husband Gaury, they are coming too visit .

'' and that is tomorrow ,'' she mused to herself '' good thing I stock up my food resorts .''

She lay the lather down on her lap. Lina it would be so good to see you again…., it is already so long since her death …

Libelle: yooohhuuuu!!!!!! At least its finished ( at least the first chapter ;) )….

So anyway : please read and review , arigato .