Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Eyes Turn A Heart To Ice ❯ Chapter One: Heart of Ice ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cold Eyes Turn A Heart To Ice
Author's Note- All the Slayers characters are not owned by me but that doesn't mean I can't play with them! I try to keep the characters as true to themselves as possible but I tend to get alittle CRAZY! I hope you enjoy the first chapter and if I get enough reviews I'll continue this story.



Cold eyes, I should have known by his cold eyes. I should have known he would hurt me. The first man I ever loved, turns out to be a bastard. I love his short, silky hair and his sly grin.

But his cold eyes, they frightened me. When we were in bed together, his eyes scared me. I had seen him fight and he looked at me the same way… a conquest. Well, he did it. He had his virgin and left me here.

In the cold… he left me in the cold. Alone again, but now a piece of me is missing. I will never make that mistake again! I will never love again! NEVER!

So cold… so alone… and I smell him… Why didn't I smell him before? He smelt of blood and death. And he has taken another victim… my heart is dead.

Love.

Death.

You have killed my heart… but I will be reborn, today. I will hunt you down and kill you for what you did to me… I will kill you, you monster! I will kill you, Xellos.



CHAPTER ONE: HEART OF ICE

She stepped towards the lake, leaving a trail of red behind. Her dripping red hands clutch her side, the black fabric stained with blood. Her knees crush the dirt-packed ground as she collapses. She sits on her knees, scooping the water to clean her wound.

Her hair as crimson as the blood spilling from her side and her eyes the same crimson red. The blood continues to spill from her open side. Her black sorceress uniform now is stained a crimson red.

She finally looks down and takes her hands away from the wound to inspect it. The size of the gash is from her hips up to just below her breasts. She hisses in pain as she continues to try to clean her wound.

'I need to stop the bleeding… if only I had a shaman.' The woman thinks to herself as she passes out from lack of blood.

Four travelers are walking in a forest. One is a fiery woman who is known as Lina Inverse, the bandit killer. The one walking beside her is a much taller man who has blond hair and an empty expression, Gourry Gabriev. And but two paces behind Lina and Gourry is a chimera with stones embedded in his skin and a cold expression, Zelgadis Greywers. And skipping along right behind Zelgadis is a young princess who is a hyperactive justice-freak, Amelia Seryuun.

They happen to be traveling through these woods together in search of: adventure in Lina's case, justice in Amelia's case, food in Gourry's case, and a cure in Zelgadis' case. They come upon the woman who has collapsed by the lake. Luckily for her both Amelia and Zelgadis know shaman magic.

It takes both Amelia and Zelgadis to heal the wound on the woman's side.

"I think she is exhausted. I really don't want to run into whatever made that slash in her side." Zelgadis stans from the woman's body.

"We can't just leave her here! That would be unjust!" Amelia points an accusing finger at Zelgadis.

"I was not suggesting that we left her here. It was a comment. We should actually set up camp here." Zelgadis looks to Lina for approval.

"I guess we can. Amelia is right, we can't just leave her here." Lina scratches her head, "I needed a break anyways."

The four warriors set up camp along the lakeside. Gourry carries the woman and sets her in the tent. And the four sit to eat a meal.

"I will be on watch." Zelgadis volunteers.

The night is fast upon them and Zelgadis sits outside the two tents watching the fire crackle. His ears are on alert for anything suspicious. He hears footsteps behind him and before whoever can take another step, he is on his feet with his sword at their throat.

The woman with the crimson hair to her shoulders stands before him with Zelgadis' cold steel at her neck.

"You. What are you doing?" Zelgadis whispers as he lowers his sword.

"I didn't know where I was so I came out here." The woman says icily.

"I see. We found you by the lake, unconscious with a huge wound. We healed you and put you in the tent." Zelgadis explains with a soft unwavering voice.

"Well thank you," The woman begins to walk away from the camp.

"Wait!" Zelgadis calls after her, "You are too weak. You can't just go off!"

"I can and I will. And I suggest you stay out of my way." The woman leaves and Zelgadis doesn't try to stop her again.

That morning, Lina scolds Zelgadis when she wakes to him sleeping on the job.

"…" Zelgadis says nothing as Lina hits him and then whines cause she hurt her hand on his stone head.

"I can't believe you fell asleep! That isn't like you."

"I didn't fall asleep. I was put under a sleep spell. I didn't even see it coming." Zelgadis looks up at the blue sky.

"Wow, must have been a powerful sorcerer to have a sleep spell powerful enough to put you under!" Lina smirks.

"It was that girl."

"Yeah I noticed she was missing."

"She isn't a very thankful person is she." Amelia adds, "Very unjust."

"She has her own agenda… I think it is best we forget about her and move on." Zelgadis folds his arms ignoring the princess flirting with him.

"We have to get to Regis by tomorrow for the festival!" Lina gets stars in her eyes just thinking about the festival foods.

"What festival?" Gourry scratches his head.

"The one I have told you about a dozen times! The one honoring the goddess Aria! There will be food and singing and dancing! Geez, you are such a jellyfish brain!" Lina whaps Gourry on the back of the head while preceding down the road.

Lina turns back flinging her red waist-length hair, "Coming?"

Gourry shrugs, "You don't have to be so mean, Lina."

Lina ignores him and continues off down the road. Gourry rushes to catch up with her as Zelgadis and Amelia trail behind.

****That's it for now. Please R&R!****