Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Eyes Turn A Heart To Ice ❯ Chapter 2: Chills ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cold Eyes Turn A Heart To Ice
Author's Note- I don't own the Slayers squad but I like to play with them in my own little stories. I hope you enjoy the next chapter!



Darkness in the depths of my soul. I will seek you out Xellos. I will find you no matter what it takes. Never will I forgive your cold eyes.



CHAPTER TWO: CHILLS


She looks back at the forest. She feels a tinge of guilt for putting the chimera to sleep and running out of there. She quickly pushes the guilt aside, she had a mission. She needs to forget those weaknesses and move closer to her goal.

Hate fills her heart… her quest is her only concern. She looks down at her side… where that bloody gash used to be.

'It appears your boss does not want me to find you… or is it you who sent that first class monster to fight me? Well, no matter, I will find you…'

She smiles as she runs her fingers through her short crimson hair. That smile turns sadistic and she begins to laugh.

"You almost had me… but my power is growing. The longer you hide… the more powerful I become!" Her insane words echo in the air along with her ear-wrenching laughter.

She looks down at the city below, 'I will find Wolf Pack Island… all I have to do is get the right informants.'

In the forest, Lina and the gang wander down the dirt path. It seems lack of food has caused low morale. Gourry and Lina are constantly complaining and even Amelia pipes in a complaint.

Zelgadis stares off into space, his mind somewhere else. Zelgadis' thoughts are filled with fiery eyes.

"Hey Zel, you okay?" Lina pops up in front of Zelgadis.

Zelgadis shakes himself out of his trance, "Yes, Lina. We should reach Regis by nightfall if we keep walking at this steady pace."

Zelgadis keeps walking past Lina. Amelia and Lina stand bewildered.

"Do you know what is bugging him, Amelia?" Lina questions the younger girl.

"No, Miss Lina. I am worried… he has been so happy, lately but today…" Amelia gazes at the quickly disappearing Zelgadis as he continues to walk down the road.

"Guess we should catch up with the boys." Lina jogs down the road with Amelia behind.

In Regis, the woman with hair and eyes the color of blood enters a pub. She considers pubs to be the best information gathering places. She goes straight to the bar.

"Excuse me, sir." She says with a honeyed voice as she flutters her eyelashes at the bartender.

"Yes?" He turns and does a double-take when he sees the absolutely stunning woman at the bar.

"Would you happen to be hiring?" She smiles perfectly.

"Hmmm…" The barkeep rubs his shaggy beard, "I think I can squeeze you in. I can always use an extra hand during the festival."

"Oh, thank you, sir!" The blood haired woman says almost too giddily.

Lina finally sinks to her knees, "I'm too hungry!"

Gourry kneels beside her and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder, "You can make it, Lina. I'm hungry, too, but think of the festival!"

The fire returns to Lina's eyes, "You know Gourry, sometimes you aren't such a jellyfish brain. Let's go!"

Lina sprints off, thinking of the many foods of the festival.

Gourry gazes after her and jogs after her.

"And the chase continues." Zelgadis mumbles as he quickens his pace.

"Oh, my feet hurt!" Amelia whines as she chases after Zelgadis.

Zelgadis continues his thoughts and mumbles one of his thoughts out loud, "Just who was she?"

"That girl? Is that why you have been so weird today, Mister Zelgadis?" Amelia asks.

Zelgadis ignores the persistent princess and continues on down the road.

She looks at herself in the mirror. If her skirt was any shorter, she would get arrested! The tight white blouse and bodice have her breasts almost busting out.

'I can't believe that lousy barkeeper! Well I can get some good information with this… But I still think he is a pervert! None of the other girls wear this!' She thinks as she fixes the fluffy white bow that contrasts her short crimson hair, now pulled back in a small ponytail.

"Are you ready, miss?" The old bartender calls inside the dressing room.

"Yeah, just hold on a sec." She lost that honeyed tone… as she takes one last glare at herself in the mirror and reminds herself why she was doing this.

Lina drags herself over one last hill and looks at the city below, "REGIS! We're here!"

"So we are…" Zelgadis looks down at the busy little town, preparing for the big festival.

"It is a beautiful city!" Amelia's eyes shine with prospects of justice and peace.

"Food!" Gourry goes charging down the hill towards the city.

"Gourry! Wait for me!" Lina runs after Gourry.

"I just don't see where that get the energy…" Zelgadis sighs as he goes after the two food-crazed warriors.

"Mister Zelgadis! Don't forget your hood!" Amelia calls after him.

Zelgadis throws his hood over his head and pulls up his cowl, 'Dammit. I almost ran into town forgetting about my appearance.'

Gourry and Lina dart into a bar/inn and sit at a table. Lina makes a commotion so she can get quick service. Zelgadis and Amelia come and sit across the table from Lina and Gourry.

"We're hungry here!!!" Lina squeals.

The barmaid walks up to the table not looking up from the notepad, "What would you like?"

"YOU!" Zelgadis points at her, the crimson haired woman.

"Oh, it's you. Well, are you going to order?" The woman sighs looking at the table of four warriors.

"Yes… I want three of everything!" Lina says.

The woman turns to leave but Gourry stops her, "I want three of everything, too!"

The woman turns back around, "And for you, miss?"

"I'll take the chicken and the steak and… um… a salad."

The woman mumbles, "Eating light are we?"

"I will just take a coffee." Zelgadis says as he glares at the woman.

"Fine. I'll have your order up in a few minutes." The woman leaves.

Zelgadis stares at where she went, so many questions running through his mind.

"You know it's not nice to stare." Lina jokes with Zelgadis.

"Doesn't anyone else find her the least bit suspicious?" Zelgadis turns back to the group a slight blush on his cheeks but luckily for him his hood hid it.

"Of course we do! Someone that unjust is very suspicious! Right, Lina?" Amelia chimes in.

"Whoever said I was unjust?" The woman glares at Amelia as she sets down plate after plate of food of the stack of a hundred plates she is carrying with one hand, "I am the enforcer of justice!"

Amelia's face flushes, "You cannot enforce justice! You didn't even give us a proper thank you for saving your life!"

The woman smirks, "I thanked your stony boyfriend, here. And I didn't ask for your help anyways. I could have been trying to commit suicide for all you knew!"

"Mister Zelgadis is not stony!" Amelia defends.

"Um, Amelia you are forgetting that Zel is also not your boyfriend." Gourry points out.

"Gourry!" Amelia squeals.

'Okay so the red head is Lina… the annoying justice girl is Amelia and stone boy is Zelgadis… the dumb blond is Gourry.' The woman sorts out the names in her mind, 'They seem to be travelers… I might be able to get some good information out of them… but which one could I get to spill? We will rule out the girls… so which… Gourry is too stupid he wouldn't know anything… that leaves… rocky.'

****That's it for now. Please R&R!****