Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Echo through the Ice ❯ Ch. 2 Uncertainty. Lina’s Decision. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 2
Uncertainty. Lina's Decision.


“Must we do this every morning?”

    The morning came with little change in the weather. The usual morning war they called breakfast was in full swing. Lina and Gourry were at it as usual, while Amelia, Zel, and Sylphiel took their time as they usually did.
    
    “Should we do something?”
    
    Sylphiel was still not used to seeing Lina and Gourry during their eating battle.

    “It's been four years since the battle with Phibrizo, but they haven't changed much have they?”

    Zel and Amelia stared at the dark haired cleric, it was true, not much had changed other than Gourry asking Sylphiel to marry him. Sylphiel still wore the purple cleric outfit that she wore back when they fought Hellmaster. Zelgadis was in his usual off-tan cloak, pants, and shirt with grey boots and half finger gloves, with his sword at his belt. Meanwhile, Amelia clung to her truth and justice look of a tan outfit with pink trim and a tan cape that hung to her ankles. Gourry hadn't changed one bit, he still wore his blue armor, blue under shirt and blue pants with dark blue boots. He also had managed to regain Gourunova from the dark star realm.
    Lina was the only member of the group who had changed how she dressed. She had decided to go back to the way she had dressed when she had traveled with her old companion Naga the Serpent. She wore a light tan shirts with the sleeves rolled up to look sleeveless, red pants, a red cloak with bluish shoulder armor with a red pamal stone on the left shoulder. She wore a sword belt around her hip, a pair of purple gloves with wolf's fur at the base, and black boots. The only articles of clothing that stayed the same with her was her black headband and sphere gold earrings.
    After the battle was over and everyone had eaten, they decided to stay in there seats, and determine the next move for the group on their journey to Lowki.

    Poor miss Lina, she still seems so distant.

    Amelia sat on the right side of Lina, still wanting to talk about the events of last night. However, she felt it best to just leave it be. Morning was the worst time to ask Lina about any serious matter. Besides, the little princess still felt very awkward, especially with Zelgadis sitting right next to her.

    I wonder if mister Zelgadis is thinking of what miss Lina said last night.

    If Amelia could read minds, she'd know that Zelgadis was doing his very best not to think about it. He hadn't felt that awkward in a long time. So he just sat slowly sipping his tea, and trying his best to not think.
    The king of not thinking, Gourry simply sat there wondering what all the odd looks between Amelia and Zelgadis were all about. That little thought didn't last long however, as Sylphiel finally got Gourry's attention, and proceeded to talk about their wedding plans.

    I can't take it any more. Please stop talking about that damn wedding.

    Lina was getting more and more annoyed with Sylphiel's constant chatting about the upcoming event. Ever since they had started on this trek, at every stop, Sylphiel always started talking about the same thing. Her annoyance was brought to a halt by poke at her shoulder.

    “Miss Lina, what should we do? The weather hasn't changed much since last night.”

    Amelia's question snapped Lina back to reality.

    “Maybe it would be wise to wait one more night. What do you think, Lina?”

    Amelia and Zel had good reason to worry. The group hadn't brought much in the way of cold weather supplies, aside from the winter cloaks that they had purchased in the last town they had stayed in. They were just simple tan winter cloaks with wolf's fur for lining the inside for extra warmth, but she doubted that it would help against the blizzard outside of the inn.

    They have a point. We don't have much in the way of supplies, and not entirely sure of how to get to Lowki in this weather. Maybe we should wait.

    The red head took a long thoughtful look through the window that she had looked through the night before.

    “Nah. It will be fine, it's lightened up enough. We should be fine to make it to the next town by nightfall.”

    Gourry and the others all looked with a puzzled look at Lina.

    “Why is it so important to make it to Lowki anyway?”

    Lina looked at the blonde with a light look in her eyes.

    “It's important that we find the magic that's rumored to be hidden within its walls. Who knows how long it will be there? It may even have a cure for Zel, and I'd like to see if the rumors are true. They say there is a power there older than the Claire Bible”

    Everyone gave an approving nod, but still felt uncertain about going in this weather. The uncertainty was lost on the mind of Lina however, she was now refocused on the task at hand. Forgetting almost completely about the two lovebirds, she stood.

    “Well, let's get moving. We need to grab some supplies from this town before we move on. We need to be out of here as soon as we can, for all we know this storm may get worse, you now how I hate to sit in one place for too long. Besides, I`ve heard that these storms may last for weeks.”

    With that the group stood from their chairs and headed for the door.  They all tightened there cloaks and headed out into the blizzard.

    Unbeknown to the group, they were being watched by a pair of familiar violet eyes that were on the other side of the room; very well hidden, even from Lina.

    Hmmm…How unexpected I never expected to see Lina and the gang up in the northern realm. This should prove entertaining, and oh so perfect. I'll have Kratos take care of this. Hehe.

    Then the lone figure vanished into the storm.


Ch.3
Zel's Reunion. Who's the man with blood-red eyes?(Coming Soon)