Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Enigma to Paramour ❯ Prince's Reaction ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prince's Reaction

AN: Again I apologize if anyone is out of character, but I have not even seen all of the Slayers Next series, much less the Try series. I'm only going by what I've seen and read. I am going to use someone other than Zelas for Xellos's mother, sorry for the inconvenience. Also, Xellos is a sorcerer, but not a monster.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot. The Slayers characters belong to their original owner.

Prince Xellos Metallium had been traveling with his mother for the past week, slowly heading toward the kingdom of Rohain. He still hadn't gotten a reason why, though they had arrived that day. Unknown to them, it was the same day that Princess Lina found out about her engagement. Xellos walked into his mother's room in the inn they had stayed in that night.

"You called for me mother?" The purple haired sorcerer asked.

"Yes, Xellos. I know you've been wondering why we're here, correct?" The purple haired queen said. Her long purple hair was pulled back in a braid that reached the waist of her dark green, gold embroidered dress. Her green eyes looked into her son's crescent, smiling eyes. (Like this: ^__^)

"Yes I have." Xellos said. His seemingly eternal smile was still on his purple-hair framed face. His purple hair reached down to the shoulders of his black shirt that accompanied his black silk trousers.

"Well, you're 17 now and it's about time, according to the council, that you find a fiancée. We have done so. The princess of this kingdom is to be your wife right after her birthday next week. That is when you'll be introduced to each other." Queen Zalina said to her son.

"Fiancée? Wife? What do you mean?" Xellos said. His seemingly eternal smile was slipping, his amethyst eyes were opening, and were looking directly in his mother's green ones.

"I mean, you are to be introduced to your future wife exactly one week from now, on her sixteenth birthday." Queen Metallium said, her voice clearly brooking no arguments. "I suggest that you explore this town as you will be staying here for at least the next month."

"Yes, mother" Xellos said, his eyes snapping closed in his traditional face. He slowly walked out of her room and went to his.

`Married! Damn. For all I know that princess could be just like every other air headed princess I've met so far!' Xellos thought. `And I'm supposed to live with her!'

Xellos changed into black pants and a beige shirt with a pair of white gloves and back cape. All in all he looked just like he does in the actual episodes He took some money and his wooden staff with the red jewel on top and decided that going out into the city was a good idea. He had decided to go into the city after all, it might let him calm down before he saw his mother again.

Xellos descended into the first level of the inn, his tan colored boots making no sound on the wooden floors and quickly went out the door and blended into the crowd. He, too, had done this many times over the years, and if he was ever seen by his mother he would, more often than not, just use his favorite phrase: "Sore wa himitsu desu." other wise known, in English, as "That is a secret." Then he would use his magic to get himself out of there as fast as he could. He slowly looked around the market as he walked down the street, taking in the faces of the different people around him. He saw stands for almost anything imaginable. He also passed by an actual store that sold sorcerer's tools. He passed up the temptation of going in, knowing that if he did he may not come out for hours. At least, that was how it used to be at the store in his kingdom of Seriel, but that store was a little bit bigger. Still, he wanted to at least get a vague idea about where everything was before he had to return to the inn for the night. Who knew when he might get a chance after this week to look around the market square?

Suddenly there was a huge explosion that seemed to come from the direction of the castle. He looked over and saw nothing that seemed out of place, and, while they looked over at first, all the people around him just carried on with what they were doing as if this was an everyday occurrence. Xellos just shook his head, he was sure that for a second he felt a huge magical force. If no one else seemed concerned then it was probably his imagination, or the guards here knew some magic and several had gotten together to practice. Still, it was curious.

`Now I'm losing my mind. I could've sworn that that had felt like one person's magic. But that's impossible as the only sorcerer I know that has that kind of power is myself. It probably was just a few people and I couldn't tell because I was far enough away.' Xellos shook his head and continued down the street. He turned down an alley, keen on exploring the back ways of this kingdom.

Suddenly there was a shout from the street he had just left. From what he could tell it seems as though someone had run from the castle and was trying to escape them. He guessed that that might have been the person he had sensed earlier or it might have been the security spells going off. He decided that, if this really was everyday occurrence, he really didn't feel very safe here. He may have magic, but he really couldn't be on his guard all the time.

Xellos was just about to turn the corner and go back into the street from a different entrance than the one he had entered earlier when he felt some thing, or more the like some one, run into him. He fell back in surprise at the same time the smaller person who had run into him did. The person's hat flew off and fell out of either of their reaches. When he looked up, eyes open in surprise, he met the gaze of a pair of bright red eyes in a face that had been shaded by a hat and was surrounded by bright orange hair.