Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Enigma to Paramour ❯ Day Two, Part Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Day Two, Part Two

Disclaimer: I don't own the Slayers characters, but I do own the plot I put them in and any of my original names and characters.

AN: Sorry about the long wait. I've been debating putting the fight in here, but I'll have to recheck a lot of the attack names and such. Sorry for all those who wished to see the fight this chapter, but I really wanted to get this out before we go on vacation. I promise I'll try to make it up to you soon. Please read, review, and most of all ENJOY!

Lina and Xellos waited at the edge of the town for Katia and Darren because only those two knew the way to the field that Katia had mentioned. Though that didn't stop Xellos from annoying Lina to no end about the fact.

"So, Lina-chan, why are we waiting for Katia and Darren, don't you know the way?" Xellos said, all the while grinning like a maniac.

"I told you that only Katia and Darren know the way." Lina said, her face turning red. "And STOP CALLING ME LINA-CHAN!"

"But why didn't you ask them? You are they're friend aren't you, Lina-chan?" Xellos asked. He was really enjoying the blush accenting her cheeks. He really thought it made her look cute, but he wouldn't tell her that. In fact he could hardly let himself believe he just thought that. He knew that if he began to like this girl he was going to be in trouble when he finally met his fiancée.

`I won't blow up Xellos because it'll get me caught. I won't blow up Xellos because it will get me caught. I will NOT blow up Xellos because it will get me caught.' Was Lina's silent mantra. She really didn't want to go back to the castle because she was caught while doing magic. "I never really had a reason to before today. I usually practice at Katia house, but since you're here we have to find someplace larger. Now SHUT UP!" Lina snapped.

Xellos's grin grew wider. "Oh Lina-chan, I so glad you care." `This is so much fun.' Was what Xellos was thinking when he said that. He just couldn't get enough of her temper. Few would react just the way he wanted when he pushed certain buttons. Most people he knew were to use to it and it was harder to rile them up. He doubted that he'd have that problem with this fiery redhead.

"I DON'T CARE!" Lina shouted. And, as fate would have it as fate always does, that was when Katia and Darren walked up.

"Don't care about what Lina?" Katia asked pleasantly. She knew, of course, as you could hear them from fifteen feet away and probably farther. Well, you could hear Lina anyway.

"I don't care about that stupid grinning maniac of a fruitcake!" Lina shouted, turning bright red from anger and…..embarrassment……no way. She couldn't be embarrassed because of that fruitcake. She forced the thought out her mind.

Katia and Darren both raised an eyebrow in question at Lina's new dubbing of Xellos.

"Yeah! Lina-chan gave me a nickname, she called me fruitcake!" Xellos said, clearly enjoying the blush decorating Lina's features. He was also really enjoying the murderous look that crossed her features when he had said that.

"Be careful, fruitcake, or else I'll give you more than just a new nickname." Lina growled in warning, her cheeks still a brilliant red.

"Really? What else would you give me Lina-chan?" Xellos asked, his face a mask of pure innocence. Yeah, right.

Lina's face turned so red that it matched her hair. Just as she opened her mouth, probably to shout out the Dragon Slave or Giga Slave spell, Katia slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Perhaps we should get going to the field before Lina kills Xellos. Come on, let's go." Darren said the first part quietly to Katia and the second pat with his voice slightly raised so Lina and Xellos could hear him. Katia released Lina, and she and Darren set off with a grinning Xellos and a really sulking Lina behind them.

They reached a grassy field after about twenty minutes of walking. It was a wide expanse of grassy flatlands, and it was just outside the town's view because of a large hill they had gone over. Katia quickly set up a protection ward around fifty square feet of the field so any misaimed spells would stop at the barrier. She reinforced it twice more just in case Lina decided to try and eradicate Xellos with her Dragon Slave. She really didn't want Lina blowing up even a portion of the town. She did it five times MORE because the thought had occurred to her that Lina just MIGHT try a Giga Slave. What with how much Xellos had been teasing her Katia knew that it was entirely too possible a chance to be ignored.

"Okay, what are the rules for the game?" Katia asked. She looked between the two sorcerers and waited.

"Well, I say we do shamanism and black magic both. We can also do physical fighting if we wish, but no weapons like swords. Is that okay with you fruitcake?" Lina said, decidedly keeping the nickname because it fit his personality perfectly.

"That's okay Lina-chan," Xellos paused, enjoying the blush the nickname produced, and then said, "But let's make it where you can't use any flying magic like levitation. Agreed?"

"Fine." Lina ground out. Xellos dubbing of her was really beginning to ground on her nerves. She also knew that Katia, who was really skilled in all aspects of magic, could heal any damage she, Lina, did to the fruitcake. As skilled as her, though she wouldn't admit it.

"Okay then, sorcerers to the center. You have exactly fifty square feet of enclosed space in which you may fight. If you step out of this space, marked by the energy fields visible to each, then you automatically lose. You have no time limit, but any infraction upon the rules agreed upon by both fighters will result in immediate stopping of the fight. Any damage done to either person can and will be healed by me if you are unable to do so yourself, but only at the end." Katia said. She and Darren stepped just outside of the Energy field which Katia had made visible a few seconds before. Lina and Xellos walked out to the center of the enclosed space.

"Fighters ready! GO!" Darren shouted from outside the field.

AN: Sorry for the cliffhanger. Like I said up top, I just really didn't know exactly how to write the fight scene and I wanted to get this out before we go on vacation from the 8th to the 11th and then again from the 19th to the 26th. As you can guess we'll be gone quite a lot soon.