Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Beings ❯ Lina's Inner Spirits Come Out ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Oh, no! Lina fainted! Is she dead? Of course not! But read to find out just what exactly happened.

VI. Lina's Inner Forms Come Out

Everyone gasped as they saw three ghost-like figures arise from Lina's motionless body. One had a pure-white aura with a long snowy silk gown and two pure-white wings protruding from her back. The second one had a fierce red aura and wore a blood-red tunic with a black cape and two red little horns on its head. The third one had a chaos black aura and wore a black cloak trimmed with gold. All three looked like Lina. As the three figures opened their eyes, the audience saw that the first had innocent eyes, the second had menacing eyes, and the third had a serious glare.

Backing up and nervously standing up, Gourry was the first to speak. "Who are you and what have you done to Lina?" All three looked at Gourry and simultaneously replied. "All three of us are Lina. We are the spirits living inside her body. Without us, she is just a mere, lowly human girl." Then, as the others slowly began to walk towards Gourry, they introduced themselves. The first stated, "I am known as Angelina, I am responsible for every kind and forgiving deed that Lina has done since she was 8. I am the lord of all Angels, somewhat higher status than a golden dragon." The second declared, "I am known as Mazolina. I am responsible for all of the mischievously bad things Lina has done since she was born. I am the Lord of Demons, somewhat higher status than a Mazoku lord." Finally, the third solemnly voiced, "I am known as Kollina, I am responsible for every serious and possibly-life-threatening deed she has done ever since she was born. I am the Knight of L-sama, the human representative of the Lord of Nightmares Herself." The group stared at the spirits, utterly speechless. Finally, Luna spoke up. "Why have you shown yourselves to us now?" All three grinned.

Mazolina said, "To stir up trouble. We were bored sitting idly by as Lina visited her hometown. Oh, yes. We forgot to mention that Lina was born a human and controls whatever she does when she isn't doing something nice, mischievous, or life-threatening." Kollina nodded, "The Lord of Nightmares was deathly bored after the Hellmaster incident. She wants to see more." Angelina chirruped, "Yes, she wants Lina and us to get paired up! 'Cause she knows that Lina already fell in love with somebody!"

Everybody still stared in shock. Amelia stepped forward this time. "Who-Who does she love?" All three exchanged glances and smirked at the group.

Mazolina said, "For now, her answer will be 'Sore wa himitsu desu.' But we'll tell you how we feel. Wait. I want Xellos here to see this. I know he's already listening in." With a wave of her hand, everybody looked up to see Xellos hovering above them. Xellos was shocked as he floated down. "How did you do that? Only a monster could pull me out of the astral plane!"

Mazolina smirked, "Weren't you listening? I AM a Mazoku! The Lord of Demons. Now then, back to you're question. It all depends on who you ask. I for one, " The spirit gently floated over to Xellos and put her arms around his neck, ".love Xellos, because he's a monster masochist and troublemaker. Much like me. I just love it when you indirectly kiss me, Xellos."

Angelina smiled and went over to Gourry, also gently putting her arms around him. "And I love Gourry because he's innocent, like me, and is so protective of us all. I know nobody saw it, but I loved it when we kissed in the Ball of Chaos."

Finally, Kollina floated over to the group, and to Amelia's horror, went and leaned against Zelgadis. "I love Zelgadis because he's always so serious and calm. Just like me. I know Amelia loves you, too, but that's not going to stop me."

Everyone stared at the three spirits, still all the more stunned at this current confession. Even more shocking still, was when the three Lina- spirits kissed the man in front of them, for a straight minute. Luna walked up to the Knight of L-sama, as she was the closest, and asked, "Wait a minute. So does this mean Lina is triple-timing these guys?!" All three spirits laughed and backed away from the men, to their previous position.

Angelina softly replied, "Oh no, of course not. We three never meddled in Lina's actual love life. We just acted together through her, to show ours, well tried anyway. Since none of us like the same person, we always stop each other from doing anything about our emotions. Well, we finally agreed upon one thing during the Hellmaster ordeal. Mazolina thought of actually going through with the plan, I supplied the pure thought to save Gourry, and Kollina cast the spell. Oh, and that time, Kollina says that L-sama never really consumed Lina's spirit. She just wanted to see what you would do. I'm so glad you ran after us, Gourry!"

Mazolina stepped forward. "So? What do you think of us? Before Lina revealed her past, what did you think about her? What did you like about her? I promise that we won't be offended if we don't like what we hear."

Gourry was the first to respond. "Well, I always liked the fact that she was different from any other girl that I've met. She's always nice to kids, but just plain evil to bandits and bad people in general. She warmed my heart when I heard that she risked all that she was to save me, but was absolutely furious when L-sama took her away. I guess I love her because she's only nice to those who really deserve it and only when they deserve it." Angelina beamed happily at this.

Xellos was next to answer. "I suppose I've always been attracted to Lina because of all of the mischief and trouble she got herself into. I always enjoyed making her mad, because I loved the taste of her anger the most." Mazolina smirked mischievously.

Zelgadis finally stepped forward. "Well, I guess I've always liked Lina because she was the most sensible and smartest of the group. She accepted me for the person I am inside, and didn't seem repulsed by my looks even when she first saw me." Kollina smiled at this.

Kollina approached Zelgadis, and stopped a respectable distance away from him. "Oh yes, about that. Now that we have all exchanged confessions, I would like to offer you something you've always longed for. Your cure. But are you really sure you want to? I mean, it means throwing away all of that magical power that you had acquired from your chimeric form. So what if you don't look completely human. Look at your friends and the people who care about you the most. Do they truly judge you from just your looks? No. Besides, I, probably Amelia too, love you for who you are and also happen to think that you look handsome in your current form. So do you still want to?" At this point, Kollina was lovingly stroking Zelgadis' cheek with a gentle hand. Zelgadis got wide-eyed. "You mean you've known this entire time and never told me?! Oh well, yes, I do still want it." Kollina stepped back and smirked.

"Okay, if you really want to. This is a spell directly from L-sama herself. She says to give you a five-day trial as human to see if you still want it. At this time, five days later, you will once again be in your chimeric form. Here goes." Kollina whispered a foreign spell. Her hands glowed gold and she put them on Zelgadis' chest. Immediately, the glow of Kollina's hands stopped and it was Zel's turn to glow gold. In a flash of light, Zelgadis stood there and looked in amazement at his hands. "It worked! I have soft brown hair and peach skin again! Thank you so much Kollina! I'll love you for life! Kollina? What's wrong?" Zelgadis looked down as Kollina had kneeled down and had one hand clutching her chest and one hand on the ground, or what would have been the ground if she wasn't floating. Kollina smiled at his promise of love, but cringed again as a new wave of pain overcame her. In a raspy voice, she told Zel, "I-I have stayed to long from the host body. The spell took a lot out of me as well. I must return now. Don't worry, if you come to Lina, I'll make the spell permanent from her body, but I don't think you'll want it then. Goodbye, my love. May you have human happiness while it can still last." With that, Kollina's figure blurred into a large black mass, as she returned into Lina's body via the mouth.

Mazolina and Angelina also stepped back. "We must be going now, but don't be surprised if one of us starts talking briefly to you later before she mentally kicks us back into submission. Lina will stay asleep for the rest of the night while we tell her what we did. In the morning, she'll wake up and know everything that happened tonight. Goodbye for now." With that, the two remaining spirits also blurred and went back into Lina via the mouth.

The small group stayed stunned until Luna offered to bring Lina back to her room. The others nodded as they went to their rooms as well, leaving Xellos to teleport back to Wolf Pack Island to report this recent turn of events to his master. They all awaited the next morning, when Lina would awake from her slumber.



A/N: Sooo.What do you think? I rewrote this whole fic in one night, so I'm kind of tired. But if you review, it just might spur me on to finish the next chapter soon. Though, it might or might not take awhile. READ AND REVIEW!!!