Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina Inverse: The Ice Cream Special ❯ Ice Cream? Just give me a scoop of everything you've got! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fandom: The Slayers
Title: Ice Cream? Just Give Me a Scoop of Everything You've Got!
(Lina Inverse - The Ice Cream Special)
Author: <lj user=perch> using her fanfiction journal <lj user=whelpling>.
Theme: # 29. Words
Word Count: 567
Pairing: Lina Inverse/ Lina Inverse
Rating: PG-13
Written For: <lj user=5trueloves>
Disclaimer: I don't own the Slayers, the Slayers own me. In addition I'm also not making any form of profit off these ficlets.
 
<lj-cut text=
 
* * * * *
 
Whom does Lina love?
 
That's a tough question to answer to tell the truth. My first reaction would be to point towards Gourry and not bother to say a word. I mean, it should be pretty obvious. They have all the classic signs of togetherness, whatever your particular sign is.
 
They fight together, both verbally with each other and against common foes. They're always together, even after he gave up the legendary Sword of Light. They're always in each others pockets really, but when I stop to think about it, I wonder if I'm right.
 
When they're together they're electric to watch. It's never dull, I can tell you that much, but are they actually in a relationship? No, I don't think they are, no matter how much Amelia may desire it. They seem to see-saw from siblingishly platonic behavior through the comfortable frankness of an old married couple, but it's in their every day lives. What goes on after dark?
 
Well if we're going to talk about it I'd honestly say nothing. Not that I think about it all too often, or anything. Don't get me wrong. I'm just stating my opinion.
 
Ahem.
 
Anyway, that's not your question though. You want to know who does The Great and Terrible Lina Inverse loves. Well, if she's going to love anyone I'd say it was Gourry. And money, definitely money, and fame and magic….do you understand why I say it's complicated?
 
* * * * *
 
Mister Gourry of course!
 
As sure as the fires of Justice engulf my heart Miss Lina and Mister Gourry are truly in love! I mean isn't it obvious?
 
* * * * *
 
Hmmm whom does Lina Inverse love?
 
Now that's an interesting question I would have to say that Lina loves herself. The problem with Lina is that she is so anti-relationships. Yes, she likes to have her ego stroked as any sorceress does. Yes, she may have idle daydreams and the occasional wondering about some person or another, but Lina Inverse commit to anyone, but herself romantically?
 
Yes, she's committed wholeheartedly to her friends and she travels exclusively with Gourry, but you see…Lina is an incurable romantic. She wants PERFECT and no one is, so she's continually let down. I don't even think she realizes it herself it's buried so far within her. But if you want to know who has the best chance at her romantically? Who can break through Lina's own barriers and claim her passionate, adult, romantic love?
 
Well that my friend is a secret!
 
* * * * *
 
Lina? In…in love?
 
Well gee I haven't really thought about it. I'd have to say that I don't think Lina is in love with anyone. Lina doesn't really work that way. I mean…ow! Lina! What'd you go and do that for?
 
<i>Later on that night.</i>
 
Hey, do you still want to know? I figured after Lina had run you off you wouldn't show your face again.
 
Who does Lina love?
 
You mean like romantically love right? Like a relationship? Hmmm to tell you the truth, I don't think she's figured out how yet. Lina, Lina kinda has these high expectations you know? The best you can do is stick with her and always be there for her. Everything else is kinda up to her to decide. It's just the way Lina is.