Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ No Whey Out ❯ In the beginning..... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: The series Slayer does not belong to me, neither do any of the characters.
 
 
It was just another ordinary day like any other for Lina Inverse, the world's most beautiful and talented sorceress alive (Her own description). She was of course on another adventure with her jellyfish-for-brains side-kick Gourry. Yes, another adventure, with plenty of Mazoku, danger and TREASURE!!!!
 
While walking the path to the beautiful city of Seyruun Lina glanced at the letter in her hand and sighed for what must be the hundredth time. Just when they were in the middle of a wonderful adventure chasing the rumors of a new way to reach the Clair Bible when Amelia decided that she was in the mood to see all of her all friends. The letter was in actual fact a royal summons which not even Luna Inverse would have dared ignored. Speaking of which, Nee-san would have killed her had she ignored. Lina sighed again and turned towards Gourry with a long suffering look pasted across her face. “Ne Gourry, don't you think it's weird for us to be getting a summons when there isn't even any danger?” Gourry who had been walking quietly for a while in silence furrowed his brow in concentration. “Hmmmmmm, yes definitely strange. Just one question, what is a summons?” Lina facefaulted. “Don't you even know that?!?!” And so their journey to Seyruun continued with Lina bemoaning her fate, traveling with that idiot who just kept wondering when they were gonna eat lunch for goodness sakes!!!!!
 
“Ehhhhhhhhh!!!!!” Not one of her companions could believe what Amelia had just said. “You mean you dragged all of us out here so that we could hook you up with Zel?!?” Lina yelled, nearly bursting with indignation. Gourry had to forcibly restrain Lina from using a Dragu Slagu on Amelia, the crown princess of Seyruun.
Authors Note: Gathered in the same fashion as Lina and Gourry were, Zangulus, Martina princess of Xoana, Sylphiel, Xellos the mysterious priest (there for an unknown reason), Filia the Gold dragon (the afore-mentioned unknown reason) and of course Amelia's father Prince Phil was also present.0000
This little party of traveling comrades was almost complete, the only exception being Zelgadis Greywords, the fortunate (?!?) object of Amelia's puppy love. “Now then mina, I suggest we get down to business.” Amelia stated calmly, as if Lina hadn't just tried to Dragu Slagu her only moments before. “Why did you call all of us in this way just for a personal matter?” Enquired Sylphiel, the always peaceful priestess. “Well, that's simple.” Amelia stated with a smile. “This isn't just a personal matter. I have come to the age when it is legal for the royal princesses of Seyruun may choose a husband.” This was all said in such a stately manner that she could have been fore-casting the weather. Everybody just stared at her. Lina broke the silence after a few moments. “And why exactly do WE have to help with this?” Amelia gave a puppy dog look,” I've always said that you were my best of friends, and this is the kind of thing that friends help out with.” She ended on a bright smile while Lina silently cursed her fate and pitied Zel.
 
Looking up at the sky from his perch on a tree branch Zelgadis Graywords could almost believe that nothing was wrong. Unfortunately life wasn't up there in the beautiful blue sky, it was on the ground. The harsh earth which his skin now so closely resembled. He sighed and pulled out the official summons he had received. Looking at it he sighed again. He didn't really want to see Amelia again because she had formed the irritating habit of clinging to him in a most uncomfortable way that indicated that she was slightly enamored of him. He sighed yet again and made his decision. If Amelia was summoning all the hero's she had traveled with then Lina would be there, and that was more than enough incentive for him to go as well. `Oh well,' he decided. Might as well get going. Since he had realized what Amelia's feelings were in the matter, he had avoided being seen in the Seyruun even though he was in the surrounding area looking for a cure to his appearance of stone and wire. On this depressing thought the chimera jumped to the ground and started making his way to the palace of Seyruun.
 
Meanwhile, Amelia had been plotting with the others about ways to convince Zel to propose to her. Lina of course was only lending half an ear since she was soooo hungry. After the plotting was done, Lina couldn't believe the strategy that Amelia had mapped out. She was planning to use a fake Mazoku to have herself captured and to then place him in a compromising situation where he would be honor bound to marry her. After listening to her outline this brilliant plot everybody sweatdrops. Gourry suddenly piped up, “But wouldn't that be dangerous for the fake monster? I mean, what if Zel destroys this thing before it has a chance to kidnap Amelia?” Amelia's turn to sweatdrop. The others were just stunned that he had made an accurate deduction. Regaining her equilibrium the princess of Seyruun said,”Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.” Everybody but Gourry facefaults. “Announcing Zelgadis Greywords.” Everybody whirled around. None of them had even so much as a suspicion that he was there until he was announced. Lina and company turned to face the doorway through which a heavily blushing cloaked figure came in. “Hey Zel!” Chorused the group, then suddenly there was a whoosh as a breeze of pink flew by. Amelia clamped onto Zel's arm and smiled up into his face making him blush even more. Looking beyond that smile he scanned the room for Lina just in time to see her rolling her eyes. Shaking off the clinging vine on his arm he made his way toward the group raising his eyebrows in surprise after seeing Martina and her husband Zangulus. Lina, Gourry, Sylphiel, Filia and Zellos he could understand, but those two?!? Something was up. These serious thoughts were broken by the dinner gong.
 
After dinner the well stocked group of adventurers made their way to the mass bedroom that Prince Phil had set up as a surprise. It was a huge room where the floor itself was a bed. There were also pillows stacked against the walls to be placed wherever the person wants to sleep. Amelia took the lead into the room after clamping once more onto Zel's arm. Everybody grabbed themselves a pillow and started looking for the most comfortable part of the bed\floor. Zel was trying to subtly detach Amelia while trying to move closer to where Lina had plopped down. Xellos meanwhile was tailing Filia, and Sylphiel Gourry. Martina and her husband had already found themselves a nice cushy corner. They ended up lying in a row in this order. Sylphiel started the row nearest to the door with Gourry next to her. Next to Gourry was Amelia with Zel firmly next to her. Surprisingly he did not mind too much since Lina was on his other side. Lastly came the couple in the corner. (Prince Phil had elected to sit this one out by retreating to his state bedroom) Everybody settled down for the night.