Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Prince Charming ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
Naga could never be considered the most patient of people. Her temper was short and there rarely was a day that went by when she didn't blow something up. All her life people had been telling her to slow down, calm down, and wait a little. Her mother had done her best to try and teach her breathing exercises and counting backwards from ten.
 
 
So far, she had counted backwards from ten over half a million times, and had grown very tired of the sound of her own breathing.
 
 
 
 
Phil had been talking non-stop since they had met this morning.
 
After thirty minutes, her hands began to clench and unclench, after forty minutes, she remembered all the ways to try and calm down. Her eyes began to twitch after another ten and began to see red. Naga was near breaking point. If this idiot didn't stop ranting on and on she'd..
 
 
“Miss Naga, I think we should stop for lunch?” Phil's loud, booming voice echoed through the entire forest, scaring away the nearby wildlife.
 
 
Naga managed to unclench her hands, barely noticing the cuts on her palm from her nails.
“Alright,” She forced her voice to remain steady. “That sounds alright.”
 
 
 
Phil gave her a wide grin, making her feel wary and unable to even fake a smile. The large man had nearly been smiling the whole time. It was beginning to make her nervous. She still wasn't sure if he was a creep or a nice guy.
 
 
 
He had seemed nice enough, but now Naga was half convinced that she was travelling with an escaped loony.
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, the before mentioned loony was very impressed and even smitten with his new friend. She was completely different from the nobles he usually came in contact with. They all seemed to have hidden agendas and there was a lot of betrayal that even Phil couldn't ignore. All that stress and pressure was one of the main reasons why he had decided to go on this journey to right wrongs and dispense justice.
 
His father hadn't been the most supportive of his choose to leave, even temporarily. Eventually, Phil had managed to convince (nagged the hell out of) Eldoran. Although it was customary for the teenagers to go on training journeys, rarely did any royalty do such things. The king had decided to give in to Phil's pleas and allowed him to leave for the small village on the outskirts of Saillune.
 
 
 
 
This whole trip had been refreshing for the prince. Too long had he been cooped up inside the palace, like a trapped bird. Once he was away from the castle, Phil had been able to experience what being a plain commoner was like. Instead of wearing regal robe with Saillune's crest embroidered onto it, he wore loose blue pants,a white shirt and matching armour. The dagger than Naga failed to notice was the only thing that had his families insignia on it.
 
 
 
 
Thinking about what he had left behind and why he'd left made his usually interior sunshine dry up. The last conversation he'd had with his father made his palms begin to sweat and his throat close up. The issue of marriage had recently become a major topic of conversation around the palace and Phil's dinner table. Nearly every night his family was all together, the issue of marriage and relationships had arisen. His father refused to listen to Phil's excuses about not being able to find anyone `interesting'.
 
 
 
 
Girls had never even been mentioned before the King's last birthday. His father seemed to hardly care over whom his sons dated or where interested in. But, Eldoran had come to grips with his own mortality and age. He had suddenly become concerned with passing on the kingdom to his elder son as well as wanting to see his grandchildren before he died. The topic couldn't have been more embarrassing for the boys.
 
 
 
Especially for Phil.
 
 
 
 
He thought he would just about die every time marriage and children came up. Sure he wanted kids, lots of them in fact. And he was looking forward to one day getting married. The problem was that no woman had `caught his fancy' as his father would have put.
 
 
 
 
During parties and balls, many woman had been introduced to him. None seemed interested in actually talking to him. Instead, they seemed more concerned about money and status. None of the woman enjoyed listening to him talk about justice and his rants about pacifist and right and wrong. In other words, no woman actually liked him.
 
 
 
 
Naga was different from them. She didn't try to cover up how she felt, didn't question his status or how much money he had. She was dark, dressed inappropriately and used black magic, something he had rarely even seen before. She was a smart ass, seemed to enjoy blowing up bandits and could be both graceful and strangely awkward. And that laugh…But, Naga was also the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
 
 
 
 
She was a goddess and Phil didn't think he would be able to get her out of his head anytime soon. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to forget her. Those cold blue eyes that seemed to gaze straight into his very soul…
 
 
 
 
His father would've been happy. His eldest son had finally found someone `interesting'.