Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Part VI ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I do not own The Slayers or the song Secret… I'd Be A Whole Lot Richer If I Did Though!!!
 
Secret; Lyrics By Maroon 5: A six part song fiction in which, after TRY and then while on a new mission, both Xelloss and Filia consider themselves…
 
Slow… down…
Down… down…
Down… down… down… down
 
Sunrise, One Year Earlier…
 
“You're late…” A cool liquid voice stated as he phased into the throne room.
 
“Hai, Mistress.” He replied kneeling at her feet, staff to shoulder in proper respect. “I am sorry.”
 
“An explanation is more useful than an apology …” Zelas commented swirling the wine in her glass before downing the last of it. Xelloss waited patiently as she conjured up a black flame and lit a cigarette, taking a long drag. She tapped it against the side of her throne. “Explain.”
 
Xelloss stood with another short bow. “Hai, Mistress, I was with the Golden Dragon, Filia Ul Copt! She had some questions she wished to speak with me about before I left!” He smirked. “Naturally she assumed that if we ever were to meet again I would not be in a talking mood!”
 
Zelas smirked a wolf-like grin. “Naturally…”
 
Xelloss chuckled rubbing the back of his head nervously. “I'm certain you can guess which questions she had as they were the same ones you had, Mistress!”
 
“I see…” Zelas replied flicking her ashes and gazing at him coolly. “And did you answer this time?”
 
“Forgive me, Mistress!” Xelloss negated with a nervous chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head. “But not even I know the answer to some of those questions!”
 
Zelas let out a liquid chuckle. “No, I suppose not. Very well, enough petty nonsense… Report.”
 
“Hai Mistress!” Xelloss replied giving another short bow as he proceed to tell the tale of the fall of the Dark Lord, Dark Star, the enemy of the monster race, Valgaav, and finally the last traces of Volfieed, high God of the Overworld.
 
“I see…” Zelas replied nodding to herself as one of her servants refilled her glass. “So it appears that saving the little Gold may have been not an entire waste after all…”
 
Xelloss nodded with a dark smirk. “Yes, I quite agree! While it was simply a foolish move on my part, we never would have learned the true power of Chaos magic, or how to harness it!”
 
Zelas nodded. “Yes… this is true…”
 
“Forgive me, Mistress…” Xelloss began opening his eyes to meet Zelas' predatory gaze. “But I have considered a plan to increase the Monster race's power in preparations for when the Dragon race recovers from their losses! Would you consider hearing me out?!”
 
Zelas narrowed her eyes with a predatory smirk. “Oh?!” She purred. “Do tell…”
 
“The way I see it…” Xelloss stated directing a finger to the side as he held his staff to the other. “Little Miss Filia Ul Copt could just be what the Monster race is looking for!”
 
“Thedragon girl?” Zelas asked arching an eyebrow. “And how, pray tell, could she possibly be so?”
 
Xelloss replied, smirk darkening. “It's simple really! Filia Ul Copt is now officially the last dragon possessing the power of the Fire Dragon King, not to mention a traitor of the dragon race!”
 
“Yes…” Zelas conclude quietly with a nod. “To raise Valgaav's reincarnation would be the utmost form of treason… the only thing more treasonous to the Golden Dragons would be…” Zelas smirked knowingly as it all clicked into place.
 
... to be your ally!” Zelas purred, most pleased with his reasoning. “You wish to convince her to be our ally!”
 
Xelloss grinned, his open eyes arching in bemusement. “Oh! I plan to do better than that!”
 
“Oh?!” Zelas inquired arching yet another eyebrow.
 
Xelloss grin twisted sadistically. “I plan to take her as my mate!”
 
The surrounding monsters, which had been listening in earnest till that statement, facefaulted, but Zelas' face shown with a dark understanding.
 
“I see…” Zelas acknowledged with a nod. “For a female dragon, once they have been claimed by a mate they cannot choose another. She'll be yours for eternity…”
 
“Hmm…” Xelloss agreed with a nod. “And not only that, little Valgaav will be ours as well! What with Miss Filia's only other option being to hand him over to the Dragon Race where he'll surely be killed!
 
Xelloss smirked. “Why, I imagine we'll be quite the happy little family!”
 
Zelas let out a long liquid chuckle as Xelloss closed his eye with a smug little smirk and the surrounding monsters waited on edge to see how their mistress felt about this treasonous, but massively appealing, suggestion.
 
Zelas sighed in delight, wiping away a few tears of laughter. “Oh Xelloss… why… I do believe this is both the most ridiculous and yet most cunning plan I have ever seem you compose.”
 
She grinned her wolf-like grin. “It's absolutely brilliant. Have it done before the first day of winter or we'll be forced to find some other way to… deal… with your little obsession…”
 
The first rays of light began cutting into the indigo horizon painting it a fiery orange yet magenta mix that drowned out the stars in its wake. Xelloss and Filia lay next side by side, each covered by their respective cloaks. Xelloss watched dawn break as his companion slept beside him.
 
Things had gone… well!
 
Now there was only one thing left to do!
 
Smirking softly to himself as he imagined the look on his mate's face when she realized just what she'd done Xelloss propped himself up on an elbow and poked her in the ear.
 
“Wake up lizard breath!” He muttered, smirking wider as her eyes popped open in combination of shock and rage. “Yare, yare! Are you Dragons always so lazy or is just after a nice long night of...”
 
The mazoku Trickster's lewd comment was cut short as Filia, lacking her mace whacked him soundly in the jaw with her headdress, connecting for the first time.
 
“NAMAGOMI!!!”
 
“Hey!” Xelloss replied rubbing his sore cheek. “You can't just go whacking people in the face with priceless head gear like that!”
 
“Oh?!” Filia huffed stuffing it back on her head and turning her nose upward. “And why not?! You most certainly deserved it!”
 
“That may very well be!” Xelloss agreed with a twisted smirk. “But I do believe that your hands were the only thing holding your cloak on!”
 
Filia's face turned scarlet as realization dawned on her.
 
“Hmm…” Xelloss replied with a lewd smirk. “I do so love how far your blush extends Fi-chan!”
 
Trance broken instantly Filia ripped the Head Dress off her head once again and tossed it discus style at his head. However, Xelloss dogged it easily and chuckled reappearing nose to nose with the infuriated dragoness.
 
“Not that it matters, eh?!” He continued with cheerful arrogance he snatched the once again forgotten cloak out of her lap. “I've seen all the rest anyway!”
 
There was a loud rumbling in the forest as a large Golden dragon took to flight chasing a laughing purple-haired Monster across the upper canopy. A very annoyed Lina Inverse with a personal beef to pick with said Gold took off in that direction.
 
“Ah! You make such a lovely breakfast Fi-chan!” Xelloss sighed in delight as he phased down next to his panting and still quite nude mate. She was quite beautiful he supposed he should consider himself lucky; in all honesty he was immensely pleased that he had been permitted to keep her. He smirked cruelly at his glaring lover. “I suppose that's a nice quality to find in a mate, eh Filia? I mean, we can expect to share quite a few breakfasts in our very long life times don't you think?”
 
Filia nodded with a small secure smile. “So it would seem, of course I did consider the future Xelloss.” She sighed with a sad head shake. “It is a pity that I hear I'll never be able to say the same of you!”
 
She smirked at him. “Oh well, awful cooking aside, I am pleased that Val will be well protected.”
 
Xelloss' jaw dropped briefly before he righted it and pointed an accusing finger at the smug dragoness. “You tricked me!”
 
Filia turned her back to the side. “You tricked yourself Xelloss!”
 
She looked at him from over her shoulder. “Did you honestly think I would commit treason against my race out of the foolish notion that I was in love with the enemy of my race?! Please…”
 
“But… but…” Xelloss sputtered clenching his fists in outrage. “You were so frustrated when I said I didn't love you while this whole time you were…”
 
Filia's smirk widened. “I suppose you could say I learned misdirection from the best of them Mr. Xelloss!”
 
Xelloss glared at her a moment longer before chuckling. “Oh my, Miss Filia!” He opened his eyes and gave a twisted grin. “You never cease to amuse me!”
 
He chuckled lightly as he tossed her cloak back to her. Filia caught it easily and he smirked. “But cleverness aside you are still mine.”
 
Filia smiled softly. “That was the plan.”
 
“Oh?” Xelloss asked arching his eyebrows in disbelief. “You'd sacrifice your race's respect and any chance of a loving relationship just to make sure Val is protected?! How naive!”
 
Filia smirked. “it is you who is naïve Mr. Xelloss.”
 
“Oh?” Xelloss inquired his eyebrows once again arching.
 
“You see I thought about this quite sometime…” Filia replied scrunching her clock in her hands and casting a weary look at the ground. “…and the truth is, it's already impossible fro me to have either of those things.”
 
She smiled sadly at him. “I'm already a traitor to my race as you informed me and well… dragons don't really love.” She smiled grimly. “They can't they spend to much time negotiating the lives of themselves and others for the greater good that it's impossible for them to become attached to another human being.”
 
She shrugged and met his eyes. “I suppose in a way that's what I'm doing now but… I do… care… for you and I… think… you care for me too.” She smiled. “And that's more than I can ever expect to get from my own race and Val… well he would only see pain.”
 
Xelloss smirked at the bitter irony. “This is true… Oh my, how very… unfortunate.”
 
“Is it?!” Filia asked softly raising a hand and running her fingers through his hair. “You wanted to know what my greatest fear was… well I just told you and now…”
 
She placed a hand on his chest and stood up on her toes. “… and now that I have you…” She kissed him softly feeling him tense against her before wrapping his arms around her and taking control.
 
She knew… she knew all along! He thought running his hand across her bare back unconsciously as he deepened the kiss. She knew precisely what my goal was and used it to her advantage but if it was the same goal then…
 
“Ahem!” An annoyed and not just a bit disturbed voice spoke up interrupting them. Filia and Xelloss jumped apart in shock and quickly pointed at the other.
 
“He/She came on to me!” They stated simultaneously each finger aimed at the other.
 
“Did not!!!” They then replied crossing their arms and turning away.
 
“Ugh!!!” Lina bristled her hair standing on end, as she gripped the back of her head in outrage. “Quiet!!! Both of you!!!”
 
Both stiffened and then calmed under Lina's fiery glare. Lina held out her hand. “I don't know what happened between the two of you and I don't want to know!”
 
She pulled Filia's mace out from behind her back and glared at the pair. “All I want to know is who's going to pay for the damages to my window!!!”
 
.