Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Fight for the Future! ❯ Chapter 5: Secret! Something revealed. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Place Your Web Page Title Here





Chapter 5: Secret! Something revealed.
"Elmekial LANCE!"
KABOOM!
"Flare ARROW!"
BOOM! BOOM!
"Dill BRAND!"
FWOOSH!
"GOOO PIKACHU!"
THUNK.
* * *
The group were all sitting around a campfire. KC and Amelia had been stuck on cooking duty again. Probably because they could actually get the food to where it was edible. Lina was staring at KC.
"Now tell me again, why did you yell 'Goooo Pikachu!'? That's not even a spell!"
KC sweatdropped, turning the spit. "First thing that came to mind, I guess. Anyway, it might've worked." Tym chuckled, looking up at KC from her game of dice with Gourry.
"Yeah, if we were in the Pokemon world."
KC started singing. "We all live! In a Pokemon world! I wanna be the greatest master of them all!" Everyone except KC sweatdropped.
"Riiiiiiiiiiight..." Lina mimiced KC, then laughed. "Is that food ready yet?"
* * *
"On the road again... Just can't wait to get on the road again... Life I love is makin' music with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the road again..." KC was marching down the road, singing Willie Nelson, while everyone else was back a ways, trying not listen. Okay, so not everyone likes country music... Suddenly the elf stopped, causing Gourry, who wasn't paying attention and was actually liking her singing, to collide with her. The rest of the group followed, causing a pile up, right on top of KC. "Oww... Gettoff..." A vaugely muffled voice wafted up through the pile. Slowly everyone got up, brushing themselves off, but they were all distracted by what was in front of them. Or rather who. The reason why KC had stopped in the first place. It was the old woman! She crooked her finger at them.
"Come with me." Zelgadis shrugged and was the first to follow. The rest trailed behind, little question marks floating above their heads.
It turned out the old woman was taking them to her cabin. Once they were all inside the old woman shut the door, then gestured at the small table.
"Please, sit. Make yourself comfortable. I don't have much, but would any of you like anything to drink?" Lina started to rattle off a whole list of things she'd like, but one look from Amelia shut her up. Gourry was the first to ask a question.
"Why did you bring us here?" Everyone looked at Gourry, a little suprised that he'd actually gotten out a complete sentance.
The old woman sat down at the head of the table, then started speaking. "I'm sorry Luna herself couldn't be here..." At the mention of Luna, Lina dived under the table. The old woman ignored it and kept talking. "...but she was on important business. She'll join your group later." Lina started chanting something under the table. A sharp nudge from Zelgadis stopped that. "So I am speaking for Cepheed instead." The old woman looked at KC and Tym. "You two were brought here for a very specific purpose. Tym, you are the new incarnation of the Water Dragon King." Tym's eyes bugged out and she fainted. Amelia rushed over to her side and tried to wake her up. "You, KC, are here for another purpose. Your purpose is to help Lina."
KC waited a few seconds, then spoke. "That's it? Help Lina? But Lina doesn't need any help!" She looked under the table. "Well, maybe mentally, but otherwise..."
The old woman shook her head. "Not just to help Lina, but the other purpose you are meant for... Can not be revealed at this time."
KC narrowed her eyes. "It has to do with L-sama, doesn't it?" The old woman looked at her, suprised.
"Why... yes, it does, but I can't reveal anything at this time. It's too dangerous. Now, your next journey is to Lina's hometown. You have to get Luna."
Zelgadis nodded. "We understand." Everyone stood up and filed out, Amelia dragging Tym and Gourry dragging Lina. KC was the last, and stopped in front of the old woman.
"Thank you."
With that she left. The old woman stood, going to the door and looking at their retreating forms. "Good luck." she whispered. "You'll need it."
* * *
Why did she always have to go out and find the wood? Okay, okay, so everyone else had a job to do. But she hated going out in to these woods by herself. It was so... creepy. AND they'd had to camp after dark because Lina wanted to get as far as possible to her hometown, to get this whole thing over with. KC didn't blame her. She'd never actually met Luna, but from the way Lina reacted... She could guess. Bending over, she grabbed another piece of wood, but two dropped from her arms. She grumbled and picked up those two, but four more dropped. Exsasperated, she just threw down the whole lot and flopped to the ground, restraining the urge to pull out her hair. And then, to top it all off...
"Yare yare KC-chan! Are you getting frustrated?"
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" She nearly had a heartattack. Picking up a piece of wood, she chucked it at Xelloss, who's just appeared in front of her. "Are you TRYING to kill me? Do you WANT me to have heart failure?!"
Xelloss rubbed the back of his head, still smirking. "Gomen, gomen. Actually, I have something to tell you."
"Well, what is it?"
"... Sore wa himitsu desu!"
"GAH! OMAE O KOROSU!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! YOU ARE THE MOST ANNOYING, SELF CENTERED, EGOTISTICAL, MANIACAL-" Xelloss kissed her, and she stopped talking, turning a bright red and slinking back down to the ground.
"Yare yare! You must stay calm!" Then he was gone. By the time she could do anything again Tym and Zelgadis had come looking for her.
"Are you alright?" Tym asked. KC picked up the wood, turned, and headed back for the campsite, not saying a word. Tym and Zel just looked at each, shrugged, and followed after her.