Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

EPILOGUE

Lina groaned and sat down on the nearest chair. That was it. She wasn't going to take another damn step. She placed her hand on her enlarged belly and gave Gourry the evil eye. He only grinned sheepishly at her.

"You all right, Lina?"

She growled at him, her fangs showing. "Of course, I'm not all right, Jellyfish brains! I walk for about two steps and my back is killing me, my feet are swollen, and I'm reminded all over again that I'm fat!"

Gourry rolled his eyes and lifted Lina's feet to his lap where he began to massage them. She sighed blissfully as he began to repeat the usual. "You're not fat, and you know it. You're pregnant, Lina, and you are damn happy about it too, aren't you?"

Lina sighed again with a smile and gazed at Gourry. "Uh-huh. I'm happy about it."

He smiled back at her.

"Gourry, Lina, you two are here early."

They turned to greet Filia. She was walking with Xellos, Havran swinging himself into the air while holding their hands. Little Havran was going to be four in a few months and Lina's baby was due any minute. Lina waved as Gourry smiled at them and then continued to rub Lina's feet.

Lina nodded. "With this huge stomach, I can't go really far, really quickly and using a Ray Wing is almost impossible. So I had to get an early start."

Filia sat down and dragged Havran into her lap. "I know, even my magic began to dwindle when it was almost time for me to give birth. But for some reason, even though our magic goes down we still become scarier."

Lina grinned wickedly. "I know, it's weird, isn't it? I'll never forget when Amelia was giving birth. It definitely freaked me out considering I still had about two months left. But I definitely felt better when I realized she was having twins. Maybe I won't be so bad."

Filia blinked. "Which reminds me, why isn't Amelia and Zelgadis here yet?"

Xellos turned to Filia with a smirk. "Don't you remember, Filia dear? Zelgadis still insists that she take her time wherever she goes, even though the kids have been born for almost two months."

She grinned. "That's right! I thought Zelgadis was going to die of a heart attack when he heard Amelia's screams. Now he's just a little too overprotective."

Gourry finally put down Lina's feet and pulled out a letter. "I got a letter from Sylphiel and Harry yesterday." He handed it to Xellos and Filia. Gourry grinned. "She says that she's pregnant."

"Jeez, it must be the season for this," Xellos muttered beneath his breath.

Filia grinned at him. "Of course it is! It's spring!"

They all burst out laughing. It was then that Amelia and Zelgadis came around the corner pushing the twins around in the stroller. The rest of the group saw them and waved in greeting. Havran scrambled off his mother and headed for the babies.

"Hello, babies!"

The babies gurgled happily back.

Filia and Lina immediately began to `ooh' and `aah' at the babies, as Zelgadis sat by Gourry and Amelia took her own seat. She grinned at Lina.

"So, Miss Lina, how are you coming along?"

Lina smiled. "All right, I guess. But I pretty sure this will be my only child. I will not contribute anymore."

Xellos smirked evilly. "Lina's just worried that one of them, if she has any more, will come out with Gourry's brains and her magic skill and temper. Not a very safe combination."

The group burst out laughing as Lina growled at them. Even Gourry chuckled. She shook her head and then turned to Amelia and Zelgadis. "Have you two finally decided what you're going to name the twins, yet? They can't be called `the twins' for the rest of their lives you know."

Zelgadis nodded. "We finally came to an agreement."

Amelia smiled. "The boy is Zachary and the girl is Aurora."

"Aurora?" Gourry questioned.

"That's a beautiful name, Amelia," Filia commented. "Where did you come up with it?"

Amelia turned to Zelgadis with a smile. Everyone's attention turned to him. He was kind of pink and he gave a light cough. "It was my mother's name."

"Oh…" the group said grinning.

Zelgadis just smiled at Amelia.

"We're party crashing!" came a shout out of nowhere.

The group turned just in time to see Luna and Val appear form nowhere, their almost a year old son, Rahl tugging on his father's hair. They still had no idea how Rahl could be almost a year old…but there he was. He turned one right before Havran turned four. Lina rolled her eyes and Gourry waved in welcome. Xellos smirked at them, Filia smiled and Havran flapped his wings over to little Rahl. Amelia and Zelgadis smiled in greeting. Luna and Val wasted no more time. They sat down at the table and Val put Rahl on the floor to play with Havran.

"So you're on vacation again, Luna?" Gourry asked.

She grinned. "Maternity leave."

Lina blinked incredulously. "For over a year?!"

Luna's eye ticked. "Are you questioning me, Lina?"

"No," was the squeaky reply.

The group burst out laughing again as the waiter came up to them and asked for their orders. The wandering adventures had finally settled down for semi-normal lives. For who knew when the next threat to the world would come again and it would need to be saved by the famous sorcery genius, Lina Inverse and company. The airhead swordsman, Gourry Gabriev, the justice loving princess of Seyruun, Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun, the heartless sorcerer swordsman, Zelgadis Greywords, the shrine maiden, Sylphiel, the dragon priestess, Filia, and the monster (who really would only save the world so he could destroy it later), Xellos.

Or perhaps their kids would be the ones to save it.