Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Melee ❯ No man’s land ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

School started for me on Tuesday. I'm glad the population in my school is so large. the actual Mr. Beagini (Be-a-weenie) hasn't found me yet! Either that or he has no clue I write bad stuff about him on FF.net >.<

I started a lot of interesting and hard classes so I don't have time to write much in class!! I know all you readers wished I would right Melee in class but, I need to graduate in the spring so I really should pay attention in class and get good grades.

But I will write while I'm at work! So don't think I'm gonna abandon this fic! (Of course, writing at work could get me fired...)

Anyway, on to the next chapter!!!

*****

No man's land

*****

Famille was bustling this time of the year, or so it seemed. Lots of young woman were standing in lines and appeared to be checking into a shrine school or something to that effect. One by one each girl was brought into the building. When they exited they were blushing like mad or they were dragged away by the female guards.

It seemed security skyrocketed since they had last been here. Whoever checked into the town to be a priestess was now checked to see if they were a man or not.

The Queen could not be blamed though for the public male executions. It was made perfectly clear that the number one rule of Famille was 'NO MEN'.

On the last visit to this Amazonian town it turned out the majority of the population was young men hoping to get action in a town of women.

After some checking around it was found that after the last encounter (which ended with everyone running away like chickens with their heads cut off) all the males that were caught were killed by the means of slow horrible deaths with rusty spears and other out-of-date, past-their-prime weaponry. Either that or the new guards would use them as target practice.

"Lina!!!" Gourry cried out in a whisper. "I don't wanna die like that!!"

"Shut up, Greta." Lina hissed. "I don't want them to see us. All we have to do is get to the center of town and get on the monorail." (why is a monorail in the slayers world??)

The group walked a good ten feet behind Guav and pretended not to know the woman that was obviously a man. If it was found out they were associated with him, they would all die.

"Excuse me." A woman with long pink hair smiled and walked up to the group. "Are you looking for something? I'm here to help all our new priestesses-in-training find their shrine."

"Actually, we are on our way to Seryuun." Rhia smiled at the woman. "We are on our way to the middle of the city, where the platform is."

"Oh!" The woman giggled. "Just follow this road! You'll see it." She turned to walk off. "Oh!" She turned back to them. "The monorail doesn't go directly into Seryuun. It goes to a small city outside of it."

"Thank you!" Melyn called out to her. "She was helpful."

Phibrezzo pouted. "No one's arresting the big ugly guy!"

"There's good reason for that." Rhia shivered. "Would you want to confront that?!"

"Good point. he may still look like a man, but if he thinks he's a girl I wouldn't want to correct him."

The crowd stopped and gaped at the cute little girl.

"Penelope!" Melyn laughed and put her hand on Phibrezzo's head. "Why do you keep telling people about your imaginary friend!"

The crowd sighed in relief and continued on with their business.

"How cute!" One woman sighed. "To be young again and have friends like that!"

Another woman walked up to Phibrezzo and knelt down. "How old are you, sweetie?"

Phibrezzo looked up at Melyn with panic in his eyes.

"My sister is ten." Melyn smiled. "She's so shy around people she doesn't know! She is here with her imaginary friend, George."

Phibrezzo nodded. "George and I do everything together!"

The woman laughed and held out a lollypop. "This is for you, Cutie."

Phibrezzo smiled and took it from her.

"What do you say?"

Phibrezzo inwardly sighed. This was far too childish and humiliating. "Thank you!"

Melyn waved to the woman and the two took off to catch up with the rest of the group.

Everyone was waiting at the platform. Rhia walked up to Melyn and handed her a ticket. "It comes at noon and leaves ten minutes latter. It's 11:20 right now so Lina and Amelia want to freshen up a bit. Martina and Sylphiel went to do some shopping. Fillia wanted to see if she knew someone here and everyone else is still here and won't be leaving."

Melyn nodded. "I'll stay here too."

"By the way, where did you run off to with Penelope?"

"Some woman stopped us..." Melyn trailed off as she spotted a woman with dark green hair walk up to the platform.

"Can I have one ticket to Seryuun?" She asked the teller.

Rhia and Melyn's jaws hit the floor. "I...is that...Miwan?"

"No...it can't be...Miwan is a boy and all boys were killed."

"But Miwan's mother is the queen."

The two argued over weather it was Miwan or a woman that resembled Miwan all the way back to where the group was sitting.

"What's going on?" Zelgadis looked up from 'A Tale of Two Cities' as the girls entered. (why Zelgadis would read such a boring book is beyond me...I don't mean to insult you 'Dickens' fans, but it was a boring book. )

"We saw Miwan." Melyn chirped.

"It wasn't Miwan." Rhia argued. The two went into another large debate on who was right as Zelgadis turned super red.

"So, who's this Miwan?" Phibrezzo nudged Zel in the rips.

"A man Zel had a big crush on." Xellos answered with a giggle.

Zelgadis jumped to his feet. "I did not have a crush on a man! I am not Homosexual!"

Several woman looked up from the morning paper and eyed the fuming woman.

"So you like women?" Xellos inquired.

"Of course I like women!"

"So then your Homosexual."

"No I'm not!"

"So you like guys." Xellos' evil smirk appeared. "You know, you're sending lots of mixed messages."

Zelgadis realized exactly what was going on and what Xellos was doing and where he was in a split second. "I like guys." Zel blushed and sat down.

"WHAT?!?!" Amelia cried out

Oh, what a perfect time to be a mazoku. This chapter was turning into a soap opera. Now all they needed was an illegitimate child and a comatose character.

"I...uh..." Zelgadis' eyes widened as he saw the young princess of Seryuun standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Miss Zelda..." Amelia murmured. "I didn't realize..."

"No! Amelia...I mean...I didn't mean what I said! I'm not like that...I like you...I mean women! I mean...No! I like pretty guys! I mean girls..." Zelgadis, for once, was completely tongue tied.

The two women who were also waiting for the monorail had found bags of popcorn and were enjoying the entertainment Zelgadis was providing.

"It's alright!" Amelia forced a smile. "You don't need to explain. It's just..." Amelia's voice cracked. "I've got to go!" Amelia ran out before she broke down crying. Melyn, Lina and Rhia followed her.

Zelgadis groaned and fell into a chair. "Oh L..." He looked up and saw a very pissed looking Naga looking down on him.

"You broke my baby sisters heart!" She growled. "You could have broken the news to her easier."

"But--!"

Naga's glare made him shut up. "When we get to Seryuun I WILL tell Daddy about this."

Zelgadis gulped. Prince Phil was bound to have an attack ready for him. The 'You-hurt-my-baby-so-I'll-hurt-you-where-it-counts-kick!' On the train ride to Seryuun he would explain everything to her. This wasn't just his life in jeopardy, it was also Amelia's trust.

*****

"Amelia!" Lina ran up to the distraught girl. "Please! Lets talk!"

"I don't want to!" Amelia yelled. "I want to be alone!"

Lina sat next to her. "Amelia. Zel does like you! He's not like that!"

"You heard him! Yes he is!" Amelia fell onto Lina and sobbed.

Lina waited patiently for the young woman's tears to slow down before she talked. "Come on. Let's go back and get everything cleared out, alright?"

Amelia nodded, it was futile to argue with Lina. One way or another Lina would get what she wanted, and it seemed Lina wanted Amelia to confront Zelgadis.

"You alright 'Melia?" Melyn pouted and put her arm around the young princess. "Cause if your not, I know a really deep lake and you can push Zel into it."

Amelia laughed and wiped her tears away. "I'm ok, Miss Melyn."

"Lina, what time is it?" Rhia asked

"I think it is...um..." Lina looked down at her watch. "HOLY! It's 11:55!"

The small group took off in a dead bolt back to the center of town. Just as they stepped foot on the platform a loud cry of disgust and of fear sounded from one of the local bath houses.

"It's a MAN!" A young woman shrieked.

"Kill him!" Another yelled

"Oh Lord of Nightmares..." Lina groaned. "Please PLEASE don't let it be Gourry..."

"What about me?" The group turned and sure enough, Gourry stood there dumbly. His face turned to one of worry. "I did something dumb again, didn't I?"

"No..." Lina looked back to the commotion. "Who in the world could it be?"

"Not any of us!" Gourry pointed to himself. "All of us guys in girls cloths are still here."

They all sighed in relief. Gourry did get a good smack upside the head for blurting out he was a guy. But it was not that hard of a smack. just a 'don't do that again, or else' smack.

"Miss Lina!" Fillia waved from the train's window. "Come on! It leaves soon!"

The group forget all about the 'men rant' coming from behind and boarded the train.

"Seems we got off easy this time!" Melyn smiled. "None of us were figured out!"

Rhia smacked Melyn on the head. "Baka! We haven't left Famille yet!"

"Rhia!" Melyn whined "There are a lot of guys on the train! They just can't get off here. They have to stay in here."

Rhia guessed that did make sense. But, just in case the men weren't even allowed on the train she kept them in drag.

Speaking of drag... Rhia looked up and noticed one of the party missing. "Uh...where's Guav..?"

Everyone looked around. It seemed he left without any of them noticing.

"May I sit here?"

"Yeah yeah, sure." Rhia growled as she looked out the window. Where the hell was that big ugly... She felt the train begin to move.

"HELP!!!" Guav broke out of the lynch mob and dashed for the train. The mob of angry woman were on his heels and tried to tackle him down. "FOR THE LOVE OF SHABRANINGDO!!! HELP ME!!"

"Guav-Sama!" Val yelled out.

Phibrezzo laughed as he watched the chaos dragon running in heels.

Rhia took pictures of the whole scenario as it played out.

"Oh my!" The woman that joined them gasped. "That's horrible!"

The group briefly turned to see the their cabin roomy for the trip and gasped. "MIWAN?!?!" they all yelled in unison.

"Oh!" Miwan blushed. "I didn't realize it was you people!" She...he...she...um...Miwan laughed nervously. "I didn't think I would ever see you again."

"Guuuaaaavvvv-saaaammmaaa!" Val cried and bit his thumb.

"HELP!!!" The chaos dragon sounded more frantic.

"You were allowed back into town? I thought that after the last encounter they would have thrown you out." Lina said.

"Um...Mother and the congress came to an agreement on the terms of my living in Famille." Miwan blushed and mumbled under his breath. "Damn you to Lord Phibrezzo, Mother."

"What were the terms?" Melyn looked at the green haired man innocently.

"Um..." Miwan blushed. "I could stay if I got...surgery..."

"Surgery?"

"...And changed my...um..." Miwan trailed off and blushed even redder.

"So your an actual girl now!" Melyn smiled. "Am I right?"

Miwan nodded and every single guy, not just those in the Slayers world mind you, cringed at the thought.

"VALGUAV!!!" Guav screamed in pain and everyone looked to see what was happening.

Guav hung onto the back of the train and dragged. Clinging to his hairy legs were a few guards who were yelling at the Mazoku to let go and give into the punishment he would have for braking the law.

Val jumped away from the window and yanked Melyn to her feet. "What do we do!"

"Um...let those crazy women have him. It's not our loss."

Rhia eyed Miwan. "So...are you running away again?"

"Yes. I can't stand to live this horrid lie anymore! I'm moving to Seryuun and--" Miwan was cut off by Rhia putting her into a headlock. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm going to save Guav, of course. If we don't save him, Val will be whiney for the duration of this fic." With saying that, Rhia dragged the princess to the train's exit. "Melyn! Open it!"

Melyn did what she was told and stuck her head out of the open door. "Hey crazy guard-ladies!"

The two clinging to Guav's legs looked up at Melyn.

"Look what we got!" Rhia tossed the princess out of the speeding vehicle. "Catch!"

The two guards cried out and let of Guav to catch their princess. All three tumbled away and were soon out of sight. All the while screaming profanities the author decided wouldn't be appropriate for the younger audience.

"Wow." Rhia sighed in relief. "Who knew that was actually Miwan. I was sure it wasn't."

"I know! I didn't expect a sex change! What a twist!"

The two returned to their cabin and sat down. "We saved Guav and um...Miwan had an accident. She fell off the train."

"Where's Guav?" Val whined.

The door slid open and a pissed, bloody, dirty, drag-queen Guav entered. "I really hate you people."

"It's not our fault!" Melyn growled. "Rhia and I saved your sorry butt!"

Guav glared at the pigtailed girl. "I was not talking to you." He glared at Phibrezzo and Xellos. "That was not the little mazoku's room."

Everyone groaned. "Guav...that town only has women. There would not be any men's restroom."

"Where's Gourry?" Melyn looked around for her blond buddy and couldn't find him.

"He saw a food cart and went to get us a bite." Martina answered before Lina could. "I hope they have something halfway decent to eat on this."

A loud scream of complete terror shook the entire train as Gourry ran into the cabin. He was a white as a ghost and shaking violently.

"Gourry?" Lina looked up at her protector with worry. "What's wrong?"

"MISS LALA!!!!"

"Oh God no..."

*****

Ok, that was pulled out of nowhere. It wasn't that god I know, but I promise the next chapter will be better! (Gee I make that promise a lot, don't I?) I will work on this fic as much as I can, but I'm not promising anything. I do have a life outside the computer and Anime.

Rhia: No you don't.

Ok, maybe I don't, but I don't have a lot of time on my hand so please be tolerant with me. Once again, R & R! I love to read reviews so sent them in!

Disclaimer: Pease see previous chapters for your answer. But, if you don't wanna click the stupid back button, I'll repeat myself. *clears throat* IT AIN'T MINE YA STUPID IDIOT!!! GEEZE! *calms down.* I fell better...