Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Melee ❯ Adventure in Seryuun-land ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eep... I know I haven't written much on this lately! I'm so sorry! It's my schoolwork I swear! I will try to finish this story soon. *shutters at the thought of finishing this fic.* I don't wanna finish it!!! *cries* Oh well, all good things must come to an end...and then have sequel upon sequel to follow up.

Ok, this chapter was a booger to write. I don't really know why it was so hard, but it was. I'm sorry if it seems short or underdeveloped, it was just a hard chapter to write.

Please review! Listen to the story. It's calling out...

Slayers Melee: Review me. Review me...

Ok! don't disappoint the story! Review!

*****

Adventure in Seryuun-land

*****

Seryuun was it's usual busy self. The vendors were selling things like mad. Children ran screaming up and down the streets. Cafe's were hurried due to the lunch hour. And above all, no one seemed to notice a small army of sorceress'/ dragons/ mazoku's/and whatever else the cast was. It was either that they didn't notice, didn't care or they were deathly afraid to make eye contact with anyone with Lina Inverse.

No matter what the townsfolk thought, they were safe from Lina's dangerous attacks. (and I'm not talking about the barrier around the city that prevents attacking spells.)

"Oh Miss Lala! I've searched far and wide for you! Do you know how much I love you, Miss Lala?" Valoom leapt at Gourry in the attempts to hug the man he thought was a woman.

"Who is that idiot? He's followed us since Famille!" Fillia made a face as Valoom tried to kiss the protesting swordsman. "And why does he call Gourry 'Miss Lala'?"

"It's a long story that begins with a wanted poster." Xellos smiled happily as he ate his triple chocolate ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles.

"Xellos?" Melyn popped up between the dragon and the mazoku. "That episode was in the original Slayers series. You didn't appear until Slayers Next. How did you know that happened?"

"Same way you do, kid." Xellos patted Melyn on the head.

"Oh! So you own the video collection as well! That's cool." Melyn smiled and began to eat her vanilla ice cream cone with caramel, hot fudge and whip cream on top. (gee, is anyone else hungry for ice cream?)

While Xellos and Melyn enjoyed their frozen treats, Guav slinked over to Fillia. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Hey baby..."

Fillia eeped at this and tried to get away from Guav.

"Aw, come on. Your a dragon...I'm a dragon..."

Fillia turned bright red, half from embarrassment, half from rage. She pulled out Mace-sama and bashed Guav over the head at speeds of Mach 2. "Henti!"

Guav looked a little dazed from the blow, but not too fazed to make another crude comment. "Hey, if that's the way you like it..."

Fillia gasped and pulled out Mace-sama number 2. "Henti!" She proceeded to spray pepper-spray directly into the chaos dragons eyes and as he screamed in pain she sprayed it down his throat.

"Guav-sama!" Val watched as the chaos dragon fell to the ground in convulsions. "Fillia-mama! You killed him!"

"No I did not." Fillia grabbed Val by the ear and pulled him away. "I forbid you to hang around nasty perverts like that mazoku there!" She pointed at the still twitching and barely breathing Guav.

"Y...yes Fillia-mama..."

"Amelia!"

The group turned to see a rather gruff looking middle-aged man dressed in white running at them with his arms spread wide in a hugging pose.

"Daddy!" Amelia took off like a bolt to her father with a similar pose. The two embraced in a long hug that made Xellos feel nauseous.

"Oh daughter! You're home."

"Yes father. I am home."

"Amelia..."

"Daddy..."

Xellos collapsed to the ground. "It hurts so bad..." He groaned in misery.

Phibrezzo held his stomach as he fell to his knees next to Xellos. "I know what you mean..." He held his hand to his mouth with the hopes of stopping the vomit that seemed to be stuck in his throat. (eww...)

"How was your adventure?" Prince Phil smiled at his youngest daughter. "Did it all turn out alright?"

"Actually, we're still on the adventure. I know I said I wouldn't return home until this journey was over, but we ran into a problem."

"Hey!" Melyn and Rhia yelled in unison. "We are not a problem!"

Prince Phil gave the two girls a amazed look. Maybe it was due to one having cat ears and a tail and the other wearing headphones with music blaring far too loud for normal listening ranges without blowing your ear drums. His look of surprise turned into a happy smile. "Ah, you must be some of Amelia's friends! How come I've never met you before?"

Melyn laughed. "We met Amelia about three months ago, that's why you haven't seen us yet."

Phil nodded. "Come back to the palace! You can stay there as long as you want!" He walked over to Melyn and gave her a friendly pat on the back. The 'friendly pat' seemed to be just a tiny bit to powerful and Melyn crashed head first into the pavement. "Oops. Sorry." He reached down and helped the dazed girl to stand. "Are you alright?"

"Jus fine!" Melyn swooned. Little Xellos flew around her head. "I jus need a lil nap..."Melyn fell over again.

"Poor girl." Phil sighed. "She must be so tired after such a long journey."

"Yeah...That's it..." Rhia mumbled under her breath as she and Naga picked Melyn up. Naga took her head while Rhia took her feet.

"What?" Phil turned and looked at the cat girl and gasped. "Gracia?"

Naga 'meeped' and dropped her half of Melyn. The quickly turned and faced Phil as Rhia cried out in shock and also dropped her half of Melyn.

"Oh geeze! I'm sorry, Melyn!" Rhia gulped and hoped to L-sama that Melyn didn't remember this when she woke up.

"H...hi Daddy." Naga forced a smile. "Long time no see, huh?"

"My little Gracia!" Phil wrapped his eldest daughter in a tight hug. Tears streamed down his face. "Oh how I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too, Daddy."

"Gracia...?" Phil pulled back. "What are you wearing?"

"Mom's old cloths."

"Yes. I can see that." Phil took off his cape and wrapped it around Naga.

"Daddy!" Naga snapped. "You let Mom wear it!"

"It was different with your mother." Phil looked around protectively and made sure no boys were ogling his baby. "She wasn't you." He tied the knot of the cape. "I don't want any young hoodlums to think ill of you, my Gracia."

Now, if Melyn was conscious, she would be snickering at how Prince Phil was treating his daughter. It was normal for father's to not like revealing cloths on their children (and Naga's cloths are as revealing as they come...).

"Daddy!" Naga whined as the group made their way back to the palace, Melyn was carried by Gourry, who seemed to have avoided Valloom.

"Oi! Phil!" Gourry whispered to the prince. 'When we get to your place, can you make sure that guy is left outside."

"Any nuisance to you is a nuisance to me." Phil smiled and tried to smack Gourry on the back. Luckily for Melyn, Gourry ducked and avoided the gesture of friendship.

*****

"Rhia..." Melyn whined as she sat on the bed ten times larger than she was. "I'm hungry."

"Melyn, you're always hungry." Rhia smiled and was happy her friend finally woke up after three hours of sleeping like a rock. "We'll get some food later."

"But I'm hungry now!"

Rhia groaned. "Alright. Alright. We'll go to the kitchen and make something to eat."

The two creped out of the room they were told to share and tiptoed down the hall. Melyn whistled the 'Mission Impossible' theme as they twisted and turned threw the large palace. After ten minutes of aimlessly walking they realized three very important facts. It was dark. It was cold. And they were lost.

"What do we do now?" Melyn didn't fear talking in her normal voice now. If someone caught them they could figure out how to get back to their room. Or the kitchen, whichever came first.

"Well." Rhia looked around. "We find a room and we look for that map, I guess."

Melyn sweat-dropped. "You know, I bet they have that map in a secret safe or something to that effect. I doubt we will find it without Phil's help."

Rhia nodded. "I do know that. I'm not an idiot. I just wanted a reason to snoop."

"Oh." Melyn smiled. "Ok." She went to the closest door she could find and opened it.

Brooms and mops hit her over the head as buckets and other cleaning supplies fell to the ground and caused a very loud, obnoxious clattering sound. "Oops. Wrong door." Melyn smiled in her embarrassment.

Rhia rolled her eyes and opened the door next to it. This door seemed to lead to a large ballroom. "Cool."

Melyn skipped into the large ballroom and began to hop around in a pathetic attempt to look like she was dancing. Melyn continued to twirl as Rhia looked around the biggest, emptiest room she ever entered. "Rhia! Rhia! Look at me! I'm a princess!"

"Of course you are." Rhia ignored Melyn and looked at the murals on the walls. Elaborate portraits of old dead people doing heroic things seemed to be the main theme. It was really cool and Rhia bet that any teacher who taught a Myths and Legends course would drool over the sight of this wall.

"Those are my ancestors." Rhia and Melyn turned to see Amelia standing there in her nightgown. (Of course Melyn and Rhia didn't feel the need to put on day cloths as they left so they too were wandering around in their PJ's).

"That's my Great Uncle Wilber." Amelia pointed to one of the people on the mural. "He slew a dragon as it was attacking Seryuun. And that's My Great Great Great Grandmother, Lizabeth. She was a very powerful priestess, before she married my Great Great Great Grandfather Mikal. Then she became a leading figure to the city and it's people."

"Cool." Melyn pulled out a Polaroid from her wallet. "That's my mom. She's the detention monitor at a school. That's my dad and he is really good at numbers and junk that's way over my head."

Rhia smiled and also pulled out a picture. "That's my mom and my sister."

"Wow." Amelia sighed happily. "Did any of your ancestors do great things?"

"Of course they did great things. Generation after generation built up for the greatest, most profound thing to ever happen to our family." Melyn smiled.

"What was that?" Rhia and Amelia asked in unison.

"Duh, the birth of me."

Both girls sweat-dropped. "Sure they did, Melyn."

"Why are you to in here?" Amelia walked the two girls out of the large room.

"We got lost looking for the kitchen."

Amelia laughed. "Everyone else seems to be down there right now. I doubt there will be any food left for breakfast." The princess lead the two girls down to the kitchen where everyone did sit. It appeared to be one big pajama party in the dinning room.

Melyn squealed and ran up to Xellos. "I love you PJ's!" The mazoku wore a regular black shirt with a pair of amethyst colored pants little chibi Beastmaster's ran all over.

"Thanks!"

Rhia pulled out her camera (yes, she does have her camera.) and began to take pictures of everyone.

Lina wore a oversized pink tee-shirt with a matching pair of pink shorts.

Next to her stood Gourry, who wore a light blue shirt and a pair of light blue flannel pants. The two seemed to be arguing over weather pepperoni or sausage was a better pizza topping.

"I personally like anchovies." Zelgadis stated. He wore a green pajama piece with yellow stars all over it. At his side hung his ever-present sword.

"Zel. You opinion doesn't count because fish on pizza is gross." Fillia turned back to Lina. "What about cheese?"

"Cheese doesn't give the pizza as a whole enough flavor."

The dragon maiden pouted. She wore a long light pink nightgown that reached her ankles.

"I like cheese on my pizza." Xellos smiled. "But I really like olives on it as well."

"I like pineapple and Canadian bacon." Martina chirped as she held onto her husbands arm. She wore a teal shirt and black pants.

"That's really good." Zangulus agreed with his wife. He wore a pair of well worn black sweatpants and a white shirt with multiple holes in it. On his head sat the ugly, cool hat.

"No way!" Rezo sneered. "The best pizza topping is meat lovers ." The blind priest wore a long red robe tied in the middle. Mr. Snuggles, his pink teddy bear, was under his arm.

"Vegetarian!" Kopii shot back. He wore a long white robe and had Mr. Wuggles, his teddy bear, under his arm as well.

"I like mushrooms." Eris said softly. She wore a white silk button down shirt and pants.

"No way!" Phibrezzo sat wearing a black flannel one piece complete with footies. "Grasshoppers."

"Ew." Amelia made a face. "I like plain cheese as well."

Guav smiled. "I like everything." Guav wore well...He didn't seem to change for bed so he wore his usual big red trench coat.

"I like that too!" Val smiled and looked adorable in the dark blue flannel button up pajama's with a matching night cap (complete with the little poof ball at the tip of the hat.)

"I don't like pizza." Naga mumbled.

Everyone stared blankly at the busty woman. "What do you mean you don't like pizza?" Lina growled.

"I just don't like pizza. I would rather have lasagna."

Rhia and Melyn backed slowly out of the kitchen and made sure to not make any sudden movements around the arguing group. Once out of view the two dashed like mad to the room. (How they found it is beyond me). A gallon of vanilla ice cream, two bowl and spoons, all the good sweet toppings that belong on ice cream seemed to follow the two to their room.

Of course they couldn't let it just sit there and melt, so they ate all of it.

*****

"Daddy." Amelia and the others approached Prince Phil the next day. "Do you have a map to Wolf Pack Island?"

"Wolf Pack Island?" Phil scratched his head. "I don't remember a map to any island here...but I'll check records and see if it is here. What is it for?"

Amelia struck a pose. "It's for justice! Some evil is lurking in the darkness and waiting to attack the people all over the world with 'Saturday School' and other such nonsense! We will stop at nothing to defeat him and bring order back into the world."

"Oh Amelia! I'm so proud!"

"Daddy..."

"Amelia..."

"Zelgadis." Naga whispered into the Chimera's ear. "I'm still mad at what you did to Amelia. Don't you see she's pretending it doesn't hurt her."

Zelgadis gulped. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Naga smiled wickedly. "I just wanted you to know that I will tell Daddy. After he finds this map. If I tell him now, we will never get the map."

Zel gulped again and felt himself grow faint. "Please don't. I'm not like that."

"Then tell Amelia you love her." Melyn whispered. "Make fan's happy! Marry her! Have kids!"

Zelgadis turned an amazing shade of red. "I don't love Amelia."

"Liar." Rhia whispered. "Liar pants on fire."

"I don't! I swear!" Zel looked around franticly and found no means of escape. That and that everyone else left.

"Do you want Melyn and I to sing cheesy love songs from the eighties until you do?" Rhia smiled. "Just do us fans this one favor."

"Why don't you want to tell Amelia. It's so obvious you like her." Melyn poked his flaming cheek.

"Because her father can pacifist-crush me into next week!" Zel hissed threw clenched teeth.

"But if Phil finds out, your dead." Rhia pointed out.

"I'll take my chances. If he finds out, I only have to out run him."

"And his horse."

"D'oh." Zel sighed in defeat. "What if I tell just Phil that I love Amelia?"

"Not good enough!" Zel X Amelia fans roared through the fanfic.

Zel sighed. "Why L-sama, oh why do you do this to me?"

The group looked around and noticed Naga was missing. "Uh...Zel if I were you I'd start running really fas--"

A loud roar of anger ripped down the halls. One could only guess Naga told Phil and he was not taking it well.

"OH GOD!" Zel turned and ran like there was no tomorrow (which in his case was his destiny at this moment in time).

Shortly after Zel ran away with his metaphorical tail between his legs, Phil followed. "Where is he?!"

Melyn and Rhia pointed in the direction Zel just ran. It was not everyday Prince Phil the Pacifist got angry and he was scary when he was mad.

After it sounded like Phil and Zel left the castle, the Slayers gang met up. "Phil said Dynast has the map." Lina sighed. "Where the hell does Dynast live?"

"North Pole!" Melyn smiled.

"Ok, I'm not even going to ask how you know that." Lina sighed. "Zel said, as he passed us, that if he can outrun Phil we should meet him at the inn at Vertluc.

"Ok!" Melyn picked up her bag-o-wonder and they headed into the sunset on the path to Vertluc.

******

Wow, this chapter turned out better than I planned. Now all I have to do is finish the rest of this story. I really don't have much else to say exempt REVIEW!!!!

Disclaimer: Again, not mine.