Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: MYTHOS ❯ Prophecy: Anwyr's Answer ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**Disclaimer** Don't own slayers, that'd all I gota say on that matter ^.^
And now, on with the story:

"In a world bent on darkness, light is fake. The Child will burn chaos only extinguished by betrayal and the Black Fire. Mother will seek her sould and night will save her self. Keep the fire burning low." Xellos was up in the air lightning quick, with everyone but Anwyr staring confusedly at him.

"Miss Anwyr, w-what did he mean?" Amelia looked at her, a mix of curiousity and severe worry. She felt ashamed of herself fearing what would happen to them when it was Lina would culd be in real trouble.

"Fulfilling a destiny for the both of them." Surprisingly, Anwyr had a scowl to rival that of ice on her face, but she wiped it away so quickly Amelia wondered if it were there at all. She turned up to the sky and made no effort stiffle a gasp of slightly horror; chains had shot from the ground, racing toward Xellos or Lina, Amelia couldn't figure out which.

Sylphiel screeched out a protection spell and constructed around Lina, just as Xellos reached for her leg. At that instant, chains caught his leg and yanked him to the ground.

"MONOVOLT!" The lightning sliced through the chains and Xellos landed with a small thump on the ground, able to catch himself shortly before breaking every bone in his body.

"Amelia! What'd you do that for???"

"Zelgadiss! Something is going on here we do not understand, and I only want to know what's happening."

"Miss Amelia is right, we shouldn't interfere until we know whose side we are fighting on."

Gourry looked from Slyphiel, to Zel, to Amelia, then to Anwyr behind him, "What exactly is going on?"

Everyone present wanted to facefault, but were caught when a streak of purple raced by them in an effort to bring his staff down upon Anwyr's head. The attack was countered, however, when Anwyr summoned a glistening black blade from seemingly nowhere and moved into a blocking position without blinking.

"Xellos! What're you-" Gourry was flung backward into a nearby tree by a quick gale.

"Gourry!" Sylphiel ran to him.

"What kind of thrall did you put her in witch?!" Xellos pressed the staff against her blade in a desperate effort to force her back. For the first time in a long while, he was truly feeling his newly attainted mortality.

Zelgadiss glanced up to Lina and found her rigid, glowing green, and spinning slowly around in circles, "Amelia, take that protection spell off her!" Amelia did so and Zel Raywinged up to catch Lina as her unconscious form fell.

~\*/~

"The Child will burn chaos only extinguished by betrayal," was Anwyr's only answer.

"You betray your own kin! I'd expect this of a mazoku, but you were an honorable race!" Xellos was forced back even as he pressed forward. He dared not move his staff another inch however, knowing very well what she planned to do.

"There's more to the prophecy than you care to realize infidel! My race has a duty to stow the fires that the Child will burn upon this earth!"

"Then allow me to do this!" Anwyr leapt back as toxic black flames licked their way up Xellos's body, encompassing him completely. However, she focused on her own power and dove at him still.

Something had come over him just then, a familiar feeling, and he dodged almost as if not moving, much to Anwyr's surprise. Xellos landed a strike to her abdomen and slashed from her left hip to her right shoulder with the sharp end of his staff. Anwyr fell to the ground, growling and glaring, then disappeared in a green mist. Xellos ignored the acidic sting as it pelted his skin. He felt that pain no more, but still, he felt. That confused him most of all perhaps more than what just happened.

But he decided against trying to figure it out right now; old habits die hard after all, but there was one thing he couldn't let die, no matter how much anyone commanded it. With a great flourishing sweep of his cape, Xellos turned and advanced upon Zelgadiss who was holding Lina while Amelia made attempts to heal her. Xellos took Lina before anyone could object and walked a short way from the group.

~\*/~

In his little cove, Xellos made sure they wouldn't be seen, he brushed her bangs from her face and planted a soft kiss on her plump, pink lips. "I will see you again, destiny is not done with us yet."

~\*/~

Lina groaned and rolled over, the warm fur covers were just comfortable enough to make her not want to move again. "Mmm, Xellos...." and she fell back to sleep.

Zelgadiss snorted, muttering something that sounded something like, "Dirty fruitcake."

Gourry sat against the wall at Lina's side, a large white bandage wrapped about his head with Sylphiel at his side, "What're we gonna do now?"

Amelia but her heand in her cupped hands, "I don't know Gourry, wait I guess."

Sylphiel sighed, "I do hope nothing happens for a long time."

"I'd just rather get it all finished with now."

Zelgadiss, Amelia, Slyphiel, and Gourry all decended into silence while looking at the petite sorceress in the middle of the room while she cuddled the excess blanket like a teddy bear, or perhaps another person.

VO: Well, um, I hate to admit this, but even I'm confused. This whole thing with Xellos just has outta my mind, and now I have a destiny! SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS

Next Episode: Betrayl: Whose Side Is He On?