Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ White Flag ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN DIS SHOW OR DE SONG DAT I PUT IT WID! YAY FOR ME! enjoy. >*.*<

Zelgadis walked on into the town, the familiar beige cloak and mask pulled over his head and face, blocking all but his eyes from the view of passers by. However, he had a new reason to hide himself from view, his face was not deformed and `ugly,' as he called it. No, it was quite human, for he had found his cure, a year ago on this date exactly. But Zelgadis wished no one to look upon his face, for he did not want it to betray what was in his heart.

For years he had tried to convince himself that he didn't have a heart, but then came along this spirited young girl who showed him things he'd never seen before. Many years they traveled together with others, but he never paid much attention to them, all that he saw was her. Of course, like all lovers, each drove each other crazy at times, with them, it was a little different, more like insane, but still, she was there and so was he. The only problem, they weren't exactly lovers; friends is what she saw them as.

Oh how he'd have killed to tell her, but just as he'd got the guts, which was strange to him because he'd face ten thousand Mazoku without flinching, but he'd been quite terrified to even encounter her, something terrible went wrong.

.:\*/:.

They were inches from his cure, the goal was in sight and Zelgadiss couldn't be happier. She was here, the catalyst for the spell, sacrificing part of her power for him, only him. He couldn't explain it, but the amount of care held in those gorgeous wide eyes made his heart swell. Soon as this was over, he'd not waist a moment in telling her, now that he was worthy.

.:\*/:.

And thus, it was confessed, and they spent many a day traveling and just spending time together. They had become lovers the way Zelgadis had always dreamed they would, until one day. They parted ways, spiteful of the other for their selfishness; only now, Zelgadis wanted her back, so he journeyed far and wide to find her, leading him here.

And this is where our story begins, the reunion of the lovers.