Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ace The Hedgehog's First Adventure ❯ Close Calls ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ace arrived at the station and had a seat inside the Chief's office. Gerald:Good to see you agian kid.Ok,Here's the thing. The guy calls himself the Juneday Killer,And we're begining to think he's working with someone. We've gotten word from one of out undercover guys that he's meeting up with an employer in the old warehouse on 27th. We need you to get in there,Find them,And apprihend the employer for investigation. Let him get away,but be sure not to look like you're LETTING him escape. Ace:Ok.
stopped to check his mail on the way home and found a strange unmarked letter. He opened it up to find a note reading"I know who you are. I know that you are after me,but it is really I who is after YOU! Upon the time of opening this letter,you've assured your fate. Ace looked at the envelope and realised...IT WAS A BOMB!!!! He was so startled that he dropped the thing into the sewer grate and sent out a blast that fliped manhole coveres for two blocks. He ran back to the station as fast as his legs would carry him.
wrong?! Ace:THE JUNEDAY KILLER!!!!!!! Gerald:What??!! Ace:He's after me!!!! Man... He almost blew me to steaming bits. Delayed timer letter bomb. Hey! Wait a second! I still got the letter here. He handed the evidence to the Chief and had his hand on his gun in his pocket the rest of the way home. He locked the door and booted up his computer.
began examineing a copy image of the letter. It was written in BOOK ANTIQUA font,An unusuial font for a typewriter. He began a scan and discovered that only ONE model of typewriter used that font. The Quick-E Type-500B. There were in fact only 10 in existance and the owners lived right here in the city. Ace was begining a scan of the owners when he heard a loud*BANG*. Ace:OK WHO THE HECK IS THE WISE CRACK WHO PUNCHED A HOLE IN MY MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He threw a piece of rubber in and copied the files fast before he began running for his life. On his way out he managed to nab his pistol and laptop. He knew someone was shooting at him so he ducked into the gutter as shots whized by his head. He would stand,Fire,duck,stand,fire,Duck,and it went on like that for what seemed like five minutes. After about three minutes the police arrived. It was a full-on shoot-out and this guy brought in a few "friends" to cover his escape. Ace:You guys take them! I'll go after that guy!
covered himself with a manhole cover and started dodging bullets until he broke through the line of gangsters and into a back alley. He threw down the cover and re-loaded his gun with sleep-inducing darts,following the tracks in the mud closely until he reached a 10 foot fence,and saw a shadowey figure going over. He didn't stop to ask questions and bashed his way through it and ON TOP OF the guy. He shot the guy in the arm and held him until the police arrived and slapped the cuffs on the drugged man. Officer:Hey,Come over here. We found a second set of footprints leading this way. We're going to continue persuit. Ace:Don't bother. He's long gone by now. I'll take a scan of the tracks and you might want to get someone over here with some plaster soon it looks like rain. Officer:Allright. We'll get those casts soon. Ace:Oh,and I'll be a little slow with those pictures,My monitor has a huge hole in it and I'll need a while to hook up to my hard-drive completely from my lap top. He took a few digital pictures of it and went back to his house,This time he had a pistol right beside his desk,fully loaded.
ARE working! Finaly! He also began a Dial-Up link with the CCPD's mainframe system to upload the information he found. He began scanning in the pictures he took. Ace:Ok,Just got to compare these to the records. The computer let out a little whirr and then it beeped. Ace,who had taken the five minutes to finish his math homework,turned back to his laptop. Apperently the tracks had been made by a pair of Be-Rack Air Hoppers. It was then Ace noticed a weird mark on the side. Ace:THE TAG!!!! Ace enlarged the picture. He found that the original store tag had been left on! He didn't need to enhance the picture. It was the Need-For-Feet logo. He knew because he got his insoles there each month. Ace grabbed his palm-top and raced out the door.
arrived five minutes later at the shoe store. Clerk:Ah,A little early this month aren't we Ace? Ace:Nevermind that. I need access to your sale records. Ace flashed his information slip and hooked into the system. Ace:Ok,Let's see...... Yes! Just ONE pair sold in the last week! Ace pulled out his Celphone. Ace:Hello,Operator? Get me Police Chief Martin K.Gerald Jr. Gerald:Hello? Ace:Marty,I got some information. The Shining Day boarding house. Room 11. That's where we'll find our little friend. Gerald:Right. I'll send a man there to meet you in five minutes. Ace:Allright.
hung up his phone,Grabed his palmtop,and make his way quickley to the B-House. He then met up with the officer and arrived outside room 11. Ace:Locked,but someone's home. Officer:This is the CCPD. Please come to the door immideatly. The response was a gunshot through the door that hit the officer through the stomach. Ace grabed the officer's radio. Ace:OFFICER DOWN! OFFICER DOWN! GET AN AMBULANCE OVER HERE ON THE DOUBBLE!! He threw down the radio and kicked down the door,Pistol loaded. Ace:FREEZE!!!!!!! Man:Yaright!!!!! Bullets riddled out of the gun and all around Ace. Ace:Um......You missed. Man:Oh no way... He pulled out a knife and charged at Ace. Ace then kicked him in the crotch and bashed the knife out of his hand,then threw down his pistol and managed to pull off a repeated mid-air kick and took a stance over the guy and did a charlie's angels back-kick thing when he tried to get up. He heard sirens and officers ran into the room. Ace:Woooooh hold it guys. Heh. Late as usuial,huh? Guys out cold,and watch out for the knife stuck in the couch. Ace picked up his pistol and left the building.
was a week later and there was a really thick fog rolling over Capital City. Ace was sitting at his computer(he got a new monitor) with "Save The World"blasting out of his stero speakers. He didn't need to go anywhere the night one week before. Turns it that WAS the employer. Then the phone started ringing. Ace:Man,What now? He picked up the phone. JDK:I know where you live. I know you're after me. I know yu're still alive. Ace began recording the call and he put on a trace. JDK:You will never catch me. It's impossible. I also know you're tracing this call. HA! Come and get me! The JDK was on the line quietly until it finished. Ace:That was NOT right.
Hours Later...

Cheif:So should we send a squad,or is it an ambush? Ace:Send as many people as you can,spread out into three waves of four groups each one group on each side of the building. Cheif:Why? And do you realize that would use half of the entire police force????!!!! Ace:Well it's the safest way to go. If he did that...well he KNOWS I'm 12,so he thinks i'll fall for that lame trick! BUT,He's ovbiously got lots of intelegence help,so he knows I'm smarter than that. AND he knows that I'll be having this conversation,so I'm saying what I WOULDN'T NORMALY think of. And it's probably booby-trapped,so we spread out the guys and approach from all sides.it was a perfect time for a mission. 3:00 A.M and 33*F.
shivered a bit and slipped on his gloves. He was with a group of officers,about twenty yards from an abandoned warehouse. The squad leader made a hand signal and the smoke grenades flew. Ace tossed over a coupple of tear gas canisters for good measure and held his breath. Squad one leaderO.R:(O.R=Over Radio)This is Squad one calling squad three! We've found the JDK,But we've got a big size of a whale problem!!!!!!! AceO.R:What is it? Squad Three LeaderO.R:We've got a dirty bomb here!!!! There's enough plutonium in this thing to posion a city!!!!!!!! Squad Five LeaderO.R: Don't worry! We've got a bomb management guy on our squad! Let us handle it! The other squad leaders agreed to cover them.

Squad three ran through the builng while Ace was in a fetal position. Yes,that was it. Mr.Nerves-o'-steal has a weakenss and the JDK knew just what it was. Officer:Ace! Snap out of it! If you don't get over it,team five falls and you're dead! Ace dried it up. Ace(thinking):Sit here and die or go trigger happy and live. Hmm...I feel like getting my gun off all of a sudden! He was the first to arrive at the bomb zone and it was loaded with thugs. Ace began firing everything he had and cleared a path through them. Never mess with a 12 year old with a machine gun and an attitude. He stopped to reload. Officer:Ace.Avoid.Firing.At.The.Tank.Of.Plutonium.Scrap. Ace:Okokok! Man Form Team five:TEN SECONDS! FIVE! FOUR! THREE!!!! TWO!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Click*. Man:Hey,I think we did it! Some person from the disposal unit that just arrived. Guy:Good job,Now could you let us get that thing into a container? If I hear the words"Gamma Alert Five" One more time... The group left and ace decided to just have a seat. *PING!PING!PING!*. Sclienced gunshots. Ace almost got hit. Ace:How would you like to die,possum? Quick or slow?!!!! Guy:Er.......

THE END