Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of the Future ❯ The Master Emerald was stollen?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Adventures of the Future

It was early in the morning on South Island, the sun was just rising. Burlow the hedgehog was
running across the wheat fields like he always did but he was late getting home. Burlow decided
to rest under a nearby apple tree, he was about to sit down when he saw something in the
distance. It was a hedgehog that looked very much like him. It was a black hedgehog with red
highlights on it's spines. Burlow decided to get home as quickly as possible.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Sonic exclaimed when Burlow got home.

"I'm sorry, dad." Burlow said.

* phone ringing*

"Hello?" Sonic said in a stressful voice."It's for you, Burlow."

"Burlow? It's Gierin." Someone said over the phone.

"What's wrong,Gierin? You sound stressed."

"The Master emerald has been stollen, we need help finding it."

"I'll be right over."

Burlow ran to the portal to Angel Island that Knuckles had built. When Burlow got to Gierin's house, he heard nothing but the sound of Rouge snoring so he went to the shrine for the Master emerald.
As usual, Knuckles and Gierin were training. Gierin glanced over at Burlow.

"Hi, Burlow!" She said in her Australian accent. Knuckles caught Gierin off guard and punched her across the face, leaving her sprawled on the floor, when she got up, her ears were laid back.

"Why did you do that?!" Gierin exclaimed.

"You were off guard, Jeez, you fight like your mother." Knuckles replied.

"You said the Master emerald was stollen, give me a discription of who took it." Burlow said.

"The theif was a black hedgehog with red highlights, blue eyes, a black shirt, black pants, pure white shoes and a really depressed look on his face." Gierin described.

Burlow left for the Capital city because that very same hedgehog had robbed the bank but
the only thing that was stollen was the chaos emerald. When Burlow got to the bank, the only
thing left was the floor, the rest was debris. Suddenly, an angry looking mob came after Burlow.
He didn't move for some reason and before he knew what happened, he'd been burried in a pile
of people. Burlow faught his way through them and ran for his life.

It was dark by the time Burlow had escaped and he was very tired so he sat down on a bench to
rest when a huge, platnum colored robot landed in front of him and shot a lazer, cutting Burlow's cheek.
Burlow could tell that this robot wanted to hurt him so he prepared to fight but every time he tried
to use the homing attack, it didn't seem to have an effect. Soon, Burlow discovered that by tricking the
guided missiles, he could damage the robot. When the robot had been destroyed, Burlow noticed
someone on the destroyed robot, it was a hedgehog with the same discription that Gierin had given him.

"Who are you?!" Burlow exclaimed.

*no answer*

"Who are you?!!" Burlow repeated, more anoyed.

Burlow didn't have time for this, he prepared to attack but as he ran, a bright green light appeared and the
words,"CHAOS CONTROL" could be heard. Burlow turned around and saw the hedgehog on a building.

"My name is Maria, and I am the strongest person you'll ever meat. I've no time for games, farewell!"

The green light appeared and and Maria was gone. Burlow noticed a photo on the ground, it was a picture of a little girl
hedgehog and what looked like Shadow.

"*knock, knock, knock* Gierin! It's Burlow!"

"What?"Gierin said as she opened the door.

"I know who stoll the Master emerald."

Twenty minutes later, Burlow was still explaining what had happened.

"Gierin, you should go back to sleep, it's late."Rouge said as she walked out to the living room.

"Mum, where are you going?"Gierin asked.

"Uh... Gierin, I always go out at night, remember?"

"Oh yeah, heh heh."

"You can stay here for tonight, Burlow."Rouge offered.

"Okay, thanks."Burlow replied.

The next morning, Burlow, Knuckles and Gierin went over to South Island.

"You expect me to help you after being gone for almost twenty-four hours without ever telling me where you were? Never."Sonic said.

"Please, dad. We need your help."Burlow begged.

"Nope."Sonic replied.

Knuckles punched Sonic across the face.

"Still not listening."Sonic said.

Knuckles repeated the punch, causing Sonic's cheek to bleed.

"Alright, alright. I'll listen."Sonic said finally.

Burlow explained what had happened and then showed the photo to Sonic, pointing to the little girl in the picture.

"Oo, she's cute."Sonic said sarcasticly.

"Dad, you have to let me and Gierin stop her."Burlow pleaded.

"Yeah, pleeaasse."Gierin begged, showing her white, bat- like teeth while using big, purple puppy eyes.

"Alright, but only on one condition."Sonic said.

"Oh, god, does he have to come, Sonic?"Gierin asked.

Fifteen minutes later, Tails came.

"Hey, Tails."Sonic said.

"If only my sister were here."Burlow whispered to Gierin.

"Yeah, she'd be all over Tails."Gierin whispered back with a snicker.

"Well, do you guys have a plan?"Tails asked.

"No."Burlow and Gierin said at the same time.

Burlow repeated what was going on to his father's best friend and his sister's crush.

"Why don't we start by collecting the chaos emeralds to stop this stranger?"Tails suggested.

"That sound's good. So are we ganna go or are you little nippers too scared?"Gierin asked.

"I'm not scared, let's go!"Burlow said.

What do you think? By the way, nipper is australian for kid. Gierin has an australian accent and tends to
use australian words.