Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Another Adventure ❯ New Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
[b]"Another Adventure"[/b]
A Shadow: The Hedgehog Fanfic
by Astral

It was another day. Another busy day at the Westopolis. He was sitting there, watching the city from the top of the cliff. Then, a familiar voice came to him from behind.
"Hey Shadow!" It was Sonic. His old comrade. He walks up to Shadow, and puts his hands on his own waist. "Pretty nice view, isn't it?"
"Quite. What is your business here?"
"I'm here to see you. They all want to see you. After 2 years of disappearance, you could have wrote to us."
"I'm not buying your jokes." He stands up, "Go home. I'm not going back."
"I'm not leaving without you."
Annoyed, he finally gave up, "Alright. I'll go. Just make sure you'll leave me alone next time."
"Great! Now follow me." Sonic runs off to Westopolis. Shadow followed suit.

At the arrival of Shadow, all the familiar characters welcomed him back. They all celebrated his return, but he didn't seem to enjoy it. "Shadow, what's wrong?" Rouge sat beside him, and asked him. The crowd was quite far away from the two, so they had a little personal time. Alone.
"Nothing."
"It doesn't seem that it's just nothing. Come, tell me."
"I told you. It's nothing."
"You're allways like that!" She stands up, a bit enraged, "You always keep your problems to yourself. You can always trust us, and you can always trust me. I'm always here for you, Shadow." She returns to her seat.
He thought of it for a while, then sighed. Then, he told her what's on his mind. "I'm going to leave again."
"Where to?"
"I don't know. I'll find my answers. I'll keep searching."
"We'll help you."
"No. Stay here. Mobius needs you to save it, and I have my own purpose, that is to search for answers." He stands up, "But for now, I would have to enjoy. I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'll miss you all." He returns to the crowd.
"Glad to know that. Although I want to say 'I love you' right in front of you, I know you're mind is set to someone else. Oh well, I just need to start all over again." She muttered.

The next day, Shadow left without notice. They all asked where he went, and Rouge said that he has some matters to attend to, alone. The group sighed, and thought they can't do anything to stop him, and continued their lives.
Meanwhile, some place not in Mobius, walks Shadow, and stopped to rest under a tree. "It's been 2 days since I left Mobius... But I think it was worth it.This place seems peaceful enough, I'll probably take a short shut-eye." He slept.
In his dreams, he saw Maria, telling him to put his past behind him. He did, when he fought and destroyed Black Arms. Then, he was told to follow his heart, and do waht he wishes. She will just watch him from up above.
He wakes up, and finds a hedgehog girl sitting beside him. "You're awake, mister." The girl smiled a bit. Shadow saw her smile, and made him remember Maria's smile. It was like her's. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"
"I was just about to ask you the same question. But, I'll answer yours first. I am Sakura, and you're in the planet of Titus."
"Where the hell did you say I am?"
"On our planet, Titus. What's you name mister?"
"ohh." He thought of it for a bit. "I'm Shadow." He looks around the place around him, "And this planet, seems... peaceful."
"It is. No one wants war, so we all live in peace here. But that's a year ago."
He moves a bit, trying to sit down. Then, we saw his arm in bandage. "Did you put this?"
"Yes. I found you sleeping here, then I also found someone trying to hurt you. I drove it away, and fix it up... But you woke up and I wasn't able to finish dressing your wounds." She said, "Please do not move. You'll open up your wounds." He had no choice but to obey her for now. She dresses his wound.
He looks at her while she does her thing. "She is like Maria..." He thought.
"I'm done."
"Thanks." He stands up, and tries to walk away. "Wait, mister! Where will you go?"
"I don't know."
"I don't know you, but I know you are not from here. I'll go with you."
"It's dangerous."
"I'm the only one who could inform you about this place. And besides, I can't return now."
The last words he heard from her was 'can't return'. He had to think, and ask her, "Why?"
"Because they think I'm the one in the prophecy. I had to leave them, and find the legendary hero."
"So, what's the prophecy about?"
"The propecy stated that when the 100th generation of the land is set, an evil entity filled this land with chaos and discord, making all the inhabitants grow into fear. One day, one of the 100th generation, a female of silver hair will rise and bring the savior to this forsaken land."
"So, you are the girl?"
"Yes. I am the only one with Silver Hair and a girl."
"And you think that the hero's me?"
"No, not yet."
"Whatever. Fine, you can come, but don't be in my way."
"Ok!" She runs to Shadow, and walks with him.
"This time, it's a new adventure for me. Sorry guys, but I'll be back a little bit longer." He thought.

[TBC]