Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Another Adventure ❯ Fiery Battle ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2: Fiery Battle

They were walking, not a familiar type of transportation for someone who can run very, very fast. Shadow was just curious about the Chaos Crystals, he had to ask Sakura.
"Hey," He asked to get her attention, "Do you know anything about the 7 Chaos Crystals?"
She thinks of it for a while, and finally answered, "No, but we do have 7 crystals here. Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Tourmalene, Amethyst, Diamond, and Aquamarine."
He thinks of it for a while. "That's seven, but is that similar to the chaos crystals? I'll ask her again." he thought, "What does those crystal do?" He followed with a question.
"They emit some kind of power. I have one, and I'm using it. Here it is." She shows him the Diamond.
"It's pretty similar, but ok. I'll think I'll do some collecting for now." He thought. He walks away.
"Where're you going?"
"I'm going to get the other 6."
"You can't!"
"Why not?"
"Each of the crystals a protected by a guardian. I have this coz I was entrusted with this crystal."
"Then let's get going." He gets her hands, and walked while holding her hands.
She was blushing, a little bit, though Shadow can't see it. "If that's what you want..." She thought.
After a while, he thinks everything he knows about this place. This planet, the crystals, the prophecy and also, Sakura. There was still more to do.
"So, where's the nearest crystal?" He asked, demandingly.
"It's on top of that mountain over there. The Ruby is hidden there, and guarded by a mythical beast, Fenrir."
"and, who is this fenrir?"
"Some dog who breathes out fire."
"So I just have to kick his butt and get the crystal. This would be easy. Let's go." Shadow ran ahead, leaving her behind. "Whatever you say... sigh..." She thought, and followed suit.
There it was, the temple. They both entered, avoiding all the traps and monsters on the way, and finally reaching the crystal. But, the environment isn't as satisfying. There's flames around, and the crystal stands beyond the flames. There's a safe path, and that is what they took. Midway, Fenrir made his entrance.
"So this is him, correct?"
"Yup."
"I am Fenrir, guardian of the Ruby, State your business."
"I'm here to get that ruby."
"Foolish one! You must get past me to touch that crystal!" Fenrir blew out fireballs at the two of them. Shadow dodged, and Sakura made herself a barrier. "This is going to be so delicious..." Shadow muttered.
And they fought, fire against fire. It's a clash of power. Shadow was outmatched in size, but he's advantageous in speed. He spinned around Fenrir, and reflected back his fireballs. Fenrir fell down.
"You really are strong, dark one. Go ahead, and take the Ruby. You have done well, Sakura." The beast disappeared. Shadow grabbed the crystal, and showed it to Sakura. "This is it, right? So what does it do?"
"It... I don't know really. I don't really know what the crystals are for, but I'm pretty sure you can get them."
"So, what's next?"
"I don't know. I'm just following you."
"yeah sure. Come, let's go." He runs off outside.
"He runs so much... He's so energetic." She giggled, and ran to him.

[TBC]