Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Another Adventure ❯ Dessert Desert ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 3: Dessert Desert

They finally reached the dessert. It was hot, really hot. The sun was straight top, and the way just seems like waving because of the heat.
"It's sooo hot!" Sakura said, panting and brushing off the sweat on her forehead.
"Then, don't follow me anymore, princess." Shadow was a bit annoyed, but he was not affected by the blazing heat.
"I'm not going anywhere far from you. Even if it is somewhere almost impossible."
"Whatever. Come here." Sakura moved closer to him. To her surprise, he had placed his hands over her shoulders. "This way you won't feel hot. Now don't complain about the heat." They continued walking. She was pretty sure she was blushing, but not because of the heat but at what Shadow had done to her. "For someone dark and mysterious you sure are strange..." She thought.
They saw some ruins, and was happy at the sight of it. At least they'll get some shade.
"Let's rest here for a while." Shadow said, sitting down. Seconds later, a larg worm-like creature appeared from the sand nearby. "Woah! Freaky Much!" Sakura said, evading the worm's attack. "You almost hit me. You'll pay for that!" She fired of her fireball at the worm, but the worm wasn't affected, but it did enraged it. "You made it go ballistic." Shadow dashed to the beast, and kicked its mouth, causing it to stumble down.
"You saved me... again." Sakura showed him a slight pink face. He just went silent, and walked inside the ruins. "Wait!" She walks to him.
Of course, being an old ruin, it's most likely to be dangerous, traps, sands and mostly cracks on the wall, it's like putting your life in danger. After an yhour of walking, they saw a crystal, and a statue of some tiger-like creature. "The statue is pretty ugly, but I think that's the Tourmaline..." She points to the crystal. Shadow walks to the crystal. The moment he's about to touch it, something attacked him preventing him from touching it He jumps back, ands looks at the one attacked him. "What the?"
"The statue's alive?" Sakura was shocked, and walked back to get away from the beast, but not leaving the room. Walking a little more backward, she was hurt by a thorn. "Ow, that .... uh.." She fell unconscious. "Don't worry about her. She's out cold. The only way to restore her condition is to defeat me and use the crystal's power." The beast stated.
"Well then... It's party time." Shadow said, smirking.
And they fight, speed against speed. The tiger is large, about 3 times larger than Shadow, but he was fast and its claws can drive right into his body. Luckily, he dodges, preventing the tiger from getting near him. "Is that all you got? I'm quite disappointed..." From the air he kicked the beast on the head. The creature fell down. "You got skills boy. Your friend there has less time to be alive now, so you might want to use the crystal now." The beast disappeared. Shadow immediately grabbed the crystal, and dashed to Sakura.
Sakura regained her consciousness and found herself on Shadow's arms. She blushed slightly, trying to hide it, and asked him, "What happened to me?"
"You've been unconscious for a full 30 minutes. I healed you."
Blushing even more, "Thank you." She looks down, away from Shadow, "Umm.... you can put me down now..." Surprised, he put down Sakura. "Let's go. We have work to do." He crosses his arms, and starts walking away. "You really are wierd, but I like you still." She thought, following him.

[TBC]