Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Careful What You Wish For ❯ Tails' "Super" Plan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Our story begins on a stormy evening in the Mystic Ruins. Heavy downpours accompanied by the flashing lightning and deafening crashes of thunder made for a rather depressing night. Inside a large, yet cozy workshop in the middle of the Ruins a familiar orange fox kit, no more than eight years of age can be seen gazing out of his window into the storm. His twin tails, for which he was nicknamed, twitched with every thunderclap.

"I hate stormy nights." Tails sighed deeply as he continued to stare out through his rain-soaked window. Sure, Tails hated weather like this, but that wasn't what was troubling the young vulpine this particular evening.

Tails and the gang were fresh off their latest victory over the devious Dr. Eggman and his newest, and deadliest creation yet, the 'Eggpocalypse'. It was a fierce battle and Sonic, Shadow, and even Knuckles were forced to harness their Super forms in order to defeat the diabolical doctor.

And THAT is what was bothering Tails. Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles could transform into a more powerful form, but to Tails' dismay... he could not. Whenever a battle would grow too intense, Tails was forced to look on from the sidelines, like he was nothing more than a cheerleader.

"It's not fair." The young kit sighed once again, pulling out of his daydream. Tails walked over to his bookshelf built above the head of his bed, picked up a picture of himself and the others and frowned slightly.

"I wish that just once, I could be the big hero...but no. I can't even transform." Tails placed the picture back on his shelf and sat down on his bed.

After removing his shoes and gloves, the fox laid down and placed his hands behind his head and began to think.

'I wonder... If I could build a machine to help myself to transform. But I would need the Chaos Emeralds to power it and...Wait a minute, that's it!' Tails cheered inside his head. He suddenly sat up in bed, but in all the excitement, he forgot about the shelf above the bed and...(CLANK!)

"OWW!!" Tails yelped as he fell backwards onto his pillow, holding his forehead in pain.

"Okay, note to self: Take down shelf above bed." Tails groaned, sitting up more carefully this time. "I've gotta tell Sonic and the others about this!"

Tails reached into his nightstand drawer and pulled out a small cell phone that he had designed himself. 'Good thing I made these phones for everybody.' Tails thought to himself as he began to dial the first number he could think of...Sonic's. After about ten rings with no answer, Tails began to grow irritated.

"C'mon, Sonic. Pick up! I made your phone extra loud for a reason!"

************************

Meanwhile, at Sonic's house, the sleepy hedgehog hero was in the middle of a wonderful dream until a rather loud, annoying ringing snapped him back to reality.

"Hmph? Whaph waf fat?" Sonic mumbled sleepily, his pillow halfway inside his mouth. Sonic pulled the now drool-soaked pillow out of his mouth and tossed it aside. "Yuck! That's not my giant chilidog!" He groaned.

Sonic then looked around for the source of the ringing. He picked up his cell phone and looked at the name on the caller I.D. "Huh? I wonder what Tails wants so late?" Sonic slowly opened his phone and sleepily answered.

"Hello?"

"HEY, SONIC!!" Tails shouted excitedly through the phone."Aaah!" Sonic yelled in surprise, falling out of bed and landing on the floor.

"Sonic? Sonic, are ya there?" Tails continued to shout through the phone. Sonic slowly stood up, picked up his phone, and began to speak. "What is it, Tails? it's 12:30 in the morning. Normal people are trying to sleep right now." Sonic said groggily.

"Oh, heh heh. Sorry, Sonic." Tails apologized. "But I had a big favor to ask you." Tails explained. "Well, whats so important that you just had to wake me up for?" Sonic said, slightly annoyed.


"Well," Tails began," Do you still have your Chaos Emerald from when we divided them up the last time we beat Eggman?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Do you think you could meet me at the workshop tomorrow around noon and bring the emerald with you? Pleeeeaase?" Tails begged, sounding like a child asking for another cookie.

"No problem, lil' bro. But can you do me a favor first?" Sonic asked.

"Sure thing, name it." Tails replied.

"Let me go back to sleep?" Sonic grumbled. Tails chuckled to himself. "Sure. Goodnight, Sonic." He said. "Goodnight, Tails." Sonic then hung up the phone and began to wonder.

"I wish Tails would've told me what he needed the emerald for. Probably another crazy invention. There's just no keeping that little fox out of trouble." The blue hedgehog laughed to himself as he crawled back under the covers and began to drift off to sleep once again, but not before saying, "Hang on, chilidogs. I'm coming back for ya!"

After Tails had hung up his phone, he started to think to himself. 'I know its kinda late, but I've gotta call the others and tell them to meet me here tomorrow.' the fox then began to call the rest of his friends... and got some rather interesting replies. "Wow, I never knew that Amy had such a colorful vocabulary."

************************

30 minutes, and one VERY pissed off Amy Rose later, Tails had called the whole gang and told them where to meet and when, but not why.

"Well, now that that's done, I've got work to do!" Tails said as he slipped his shoes and gloves back on and went downstairs into his workshop. He turned the lights on and walked over to a large, cylindrical shaped machine and smiled.

"I built this machine a long time ago, back when Sonic became Super Sonic for the first time. I wanted to examine him to make sure that the energy from the Chaos Emeralds didn't have any adverse effects on his body.But I haven't had any use for it since then."

Tails had always had a habit of explaining his inventions... even when there was nobody around to explain them to.

"I guess it's time to get to work." Tails smiled as he picked up his tool kit and began to modify his machine. "With a few simple modifications, I can use this machine to transfer Chaos energy into my body instead of just monitoring it like I did with Sonic."

Tails continued to work on his invention until about 6:45 a.m. when he finished making the final adjustments. Tails placed his tools back into his toolbox and stepped back, admiring his work.

"Perfect! All the adjustments have been made. Now, all that's left to do is wait for the others to get here." Tails looked over at the clock on his wall and saw that it was nearly 7:00 in the morning. He let out a long yawn, making a cute squeaking noise as he did so.

"Maybe I'll catch a quick nap and then get cleaned up." The fox said, sitting down and leaning his back against the wall. The last thought that ran through Tails' head before he drifted off to sleep was that he would soon be as strong as Sonic and the others.He would finally feel like a true hero.

************************

When Tails finally awoke, he looked at the clock through sleepy eyes, which immediately shot open when he saw the time.

"11:50?! Everyone's gonna be here in ten minutes!" Tails shouted as he jumped up and ran upstairs to the shower, attempting to pull off his shoes and socks while he ran... and nearly fell three times.

When Tails hopped in the shower, he turned on the hot water only and quickly jumped back out screaming. "Aaah! HOT!" The young kit then began shaking himself dry, causing his already bushy tails to fluff up even more.

After drying off, Tails began to brush his teeth. While he was brushing, he heard a number of loud raps on his front door. "Alright! They're here!" Tails cheered, his mouth still full of toothpaste. He quickly spit out the toothpaste, ran downstairs to the front door and flung it open, greeting all of his friends.

"Hey guys, come on in!"

But strangely, Tails was greeted with a few snickers from Cream and Amy, Knuckles was laughing his head off, and Sonic was covering his eyes, shaking his head.

"What?" Tails asked, tilting his head to one side. Knuckles decided to make the first comment.

"Nice birthday suit, kid! Does it come in my size?"

Tails raised an eyebrow. "What are ya talkin' about, Knuckles? I'm not wearing a..." The fox then looked down and realized that he was completely naked.

"Aah!" Tails' furry white muzzle suddenly turned bright red. "Hehe... excuse me for a moment." He then took off running up the stairs. Knuckles was now on the ground, roaring with laughter. Cream looked up at Amy and asked her, "Amy? What was Tails doing with no clothes on?" Amy looked down at the young doe and said, "Cream, I don't know, and I probably don't wanna know." Sonic just sighed and said, "this oughtta be good."

************************

While Tails was upstairs putting on some clothes, (which strangely consisted of only gloves, socks, and shoes, seeing as how anything more to males on Mobius was considered too formal) Sonic and the others had made themselves at home in Tails' living room. Knuckles was finally catching his breath after his all-out laughfest at Tails' expense.

A few awkward moments of silence had passed before Amy asked the question that had been plaguing them all.

"So... does anybody know why Tails called us all here?"

Sonic glanced at the pink hedgehog sitting right next to him and replied, "Not a clue. What about you, Knuckles?"

Knuckles looked over to the blue hedgehog from where he was sitting and spoke. "Sorry, but I don't know either. But I would like to know why he wanted us to bring the Chaos Emeralds with us."

While everyone continued to ponder amongst themselves as to what Tails' motives were for calling them all together, the twin-tailed kit hovered down the stairs and landed in front of his friends. "Sorry about earlier, you guys." Tails chuckled, rubbing the back of his head.

"Don't sweat it, buddy." Sonic smiled. "But are ya gonna tell us why you called us here?" Tails looked at each of his friends and smiled. "Don't worry. You'll know soon enough."

....To Be Continued