Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Careful What You Wish For ❯ Evil Defeated, Peace Restored ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"It's finally over... for real this time." Super Sainic sighed to himself as his Super form faded. "Now there's only one thing left to do."

Knuckles stood back up from the grassy ground, walking over to Sainic to congradulate him. "Awesome job, you guys! You blew that guy away!" The echidna stopped however, when he noticed the hedge-fox hover over to the spot where the lifeless bodies of Amy Rose and Cream the rabbit lie.

Looking down upon their departed friends, and newly proclaimed loves, Sainic shed a single tear and spoke in Sonic and Tails' separate voices.

"Amy..."

"Cream..."

Sainic turned around slowly, facing the swiftly approaching guardian. But before Knuckles could reach him, the hedge-fox spoke to him.

"Knuckles. Can you bring the Master Emerald over here for a moment? There's something I need to do." Now, Knuckles had no idea what Sainic was planning on doing, but the echidna trusted his friends and did as requested.

A short time later, Knuckles came walking back to Sainic with the Master Emerald in his hands.

"Here you go, but what are you going to do with it?" The echidna questioned the hedge-fox as he placed the giant gem in front of him. Sainic slowly stepped atop the Master Emerald, closing his eyes and said, "I am going to right all of the wrongs committed by Super Tails on this island."

Knuckles didn't know what Sainic meant by 'right all of the wrongs', but his question was about to be answered when he observed the hedge-fox raise both of his arms into the air above his head, with both of his palms pointing straight up. Sainic then began to recite an unknown chant.

'Spirits of the wind, the sky, the Earth and the sea...'

'Please come together and listen to me...'

'Grant me this wish, be it only this one...'

'That all of this damage shall be undone...'

"CHAOS... PURGE!!"

The instant Sainic shouted those words, an orange and blue aura quickly spread from the hedge-fox's body, all the way across Angel Island, restoring all of the beautiful landscape that had been decimated by the epic battle mere minutes prior.

Knuckles looked all around him in complete shock, seeing Angel Island looking as majestic as it did before all of this carnage had began. But what surprised the guardian the most was that the moment the healing aura had reached both Cream and Amy's bodies, something purely miraculous had begun to take place.

All of the blood that had stained Amy's body had somehow vanished. The hole in the pink hedgehog's chest had disappeared, too. The color was slowly returning to hers and Cream's bodies as well.

"This... this is incredible. I don't believe it." Knuckles said so softly no one but him could hear.

Slowly, the aura began to retract itself back into Sainic's body. Once it had receded into his body completely, Sainic started to glow.

"...it's done." Suddenly, the silhouette of the hedge-fox split into two separate beings, a fox and a hedgehog... the legendary Chaos Fusion was over, returning Sonic and Tails to their own individual bodies.

Sonic and Tails both dropped to their knees, unable to stay on their feet and breathing heavily, when the young fox looked over to his hedgehog friend and smiled.

"(pant) Well, Sonic... (pant) ...we did it."

"(pant, pant) ...looks that way. Great teamwork, lil' bro." Sonic replied, giving Tails a thumbs-up. He then noticed the kits' smile slowly fade. "What's wrong, Tails?"

Tails looked backed towards the ground, hanging his head. "This was all my fault, Sonic. If I would've been stronger in the first place, none of this would have happened."

Sonic stood up and walked over to the fox. He then knelt down next to him and said, "Listen, Tails. You gotta quit beating yourself up over one little mistake. None of us even thought for a second that anything like THIS could happen."

"I know, but still..." The little fox was cut off by a familiar voice calling out his name.

"Oh, Tails!" Tails turned around to see that the voice belonged to none other than...

"Cream!!" The kit shouted happily as he jumped up and ran to greet her, forgetting his exhaustion. "Cream, I'm so glad you're oka..." Before Tails could finish, the little fox's legs suddenly gave out, but luckily, Cream caught him.

"Just take it easy, Tails. From what Knuckles told us, you and Sonic had quite an intense battle." The young doe said, throwing Tails' arm over her neck, supporting him.

"Don't worry about me. I'm just glad you're okay." Tails smiled.

"Not just me..." Cream tittered just as a pink blur rushed past her and Tails.

"Sonikku!!" Amy screamed joyously as she tackled the hedgehog to the ground, and for the first time in his life, Sonic welcomed the pink projectile with open arms.

"Amy! Thank goodness you're all right!" Sonic cheered, embracing the pink hedgehog in a warm hug. "Hey, Sonic. You didn't try to run away this time." Amy pointed out.

"No, never again, Ames. I hid my real feelings from you for far too long. Never again." Sonic said, giving Amy a small peck on the lips.

Tails and Cream (who was still supporting the exhausted fox) had made their way over to Sonic and Amy, who had just been joined by Knuckles a moment before. Cream helped Tails sit down, then the kit flopped onto his back with a big smile on his face.

"Well," Knuckles started, "Now that everything's back to normal, what should we do next?"

Sonic turned to Amy, staring into her large, emerald eyes and said, "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I know what I'm gonna do..." Sonic took hold of Amy's hands. "Amy Rose... Will you marry me?"

This question caught everyone, including Amy, completely off guard. "Oh, Sonic." The pink hedgehog whispered with tears in her eyes. "Yes, yes I will!" Amy was now crying hysterically out of joy, embracing Sonic in a tight hug.

Tails sat up and smiled at Cream, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Say, Cream. I know that we're still young and all but... well, what I wanted to know is... I mean, would you like to... marry me?" Tails asked nervously, finally managing to choke out the words.

Cream stared at the orange fox, unblinking for a few seconds, then suddenly imitating Amy's action, tackling Tails and smothering him with hugs and kisses. "Yes, of course I'll marry you, Tails!" Knuckles just smiled, witnessing two relationships bloom right before his eyes.

Sonic stood up, with Amy's help as Cream did the same for Tails as the fox rose to his feet. The hedgehog took one final look around Angel Island, and with a smile said, "Well, guys... everything is finally back to normal... let's go home."

****Present Day****

It's been seven years since the chaotic final battle between Sainic and Psycho Tails. Sonic and Amy have been happily married for five years. Amy stated that she wanted to hold off on the wedding until she was fast enough to keep up with him.

After a short while (two years), she realized that she didn't need to be as fast as Sonic, just have good enough aim. Tails (much to Sonic's extreme dislike) installed a speed-seeking device into her Piko-Piko Hammer, per the pink hedgie's request (and threat of shaving all of his fur off in his sleep).

Tails and Cream have been married for only three years, seeing as how they both wanted to wait until they were a little older. Since that fateful day seven years ago, a lot of things have changed, but none of them, especially Tails, will forget the friend who gave their life so Tails could have another chance at his. His name was Shadow the Hedgehog. Ultimate Lifeform... Hero... Friend.

The story now continues as Sonic pulls up in front of Tails' workshop in a blue sports car. The blue blur hops out of the driver's seat as Amy steps out from the passenger side, holding a small bundle wrapped up in a purple blanket.

Sonic soon spots Cream in the garden, then sees Tails underneath the X-Tornado, no doubt making even more modifications to the already highly advanced plane.

"Hey, Tails!"

(CLANK!)

"Oww..." Tails groaned, sliding out from under the plane holding his forehead. "Oh, hey Sonic. Hey Amy. Long time, no see." The fox said as his wife soon joined him.

"Aren't you forgetting someone, Tails?" Amy smiled, looking down at the sleeping newborn in her arms. "Sonic, when did this happen?" Cream asked the new hedgehog father.

"Two weeks ago tomorrow." Sonic said beaming with pride.

Amy slowly pulled back the blanket, revealing an infant male hedgehog with purple fur, with the exception of his arms and stomach, just like his daddy.

"So, what'd you guys name 'im?" Tails asked, removing his grease covered gloves.

"We decided to name him after an old friend, the one we lost seven years ago. His name is Shadow... Shadow Rose Hedgehog." Sonic said, remembering his friend and the valiant sacrifice he made for a friend.

"That was nice, Sonic. Shadow would be proud." Cream said smiling.

Amy looked back to Tails and Cream and said, "So, what about you guys? Are there any little Prowers running, or flying, around yet?"

"No, not yet. But there's one on the way." Tails grinned, gently patting Cream's swollen tummy.

"So, boy or girl? And what are ya gonna name 'em?" Sonic questioned.

Tails looked at Cream and smiled once again.

"We're not sure on the gender yet. But I did some research on my family tree, and then Cream and I talked it over. If it's a girl, we'll name her after my mother and Cream... Rosemary Cream Prower. If it's a boy, we'll name him Amedaeus Miles Prower, after my father and I."

"That's awesome, lil' bro." Sonic replied, giving Tails a pat on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Sonic. So, you guys wanna stay for di..."

BOOM!! Tails was interrupted when the gang saw a large robot land in the middle of downtown Station Square, with a round, egg-shaped villain at the controls.

"It's Eggman!" Tails said surprised, but then his clever fox brain hatched an idea.

"Hey, Sonic. Ya still got the Chaos Emeralds in the trunk of your car?"

"Yeah, why?" The hedgehog asked, raising an eyebrow. Tails' mischievous grin grew bigger.

"You up for a little Chaos Fusion, for old times' sake?"

Sonic smiled wickedly as well. "Ohh... gotcha, little buddy. Sure, let's do it!" He shouted as he ran to the trunk of his car, pulled out a blue backpack containing all seven Chaos Emeralds and ran back over to Tails.

"Okay, Tails. Ya ready?"

"Ready!" The fox exclaimed.

"Alright, then. Here goes!" Sonic and Tails then shouted together...

"Chaos... FUSION!!" Once again, Sainic had appeared to oppose evil. As Sainic took off to beat the yolk out of Eggman, Cream and Amy just stared in admiration.

"Those husbands of ours, huh Amy?" Cream asked, playfully shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, but who better to protect Mobius than its two greatest heroes?" The pink hedgehog replied, watching hers and Cream's fused husbands taking off to once again save the planet from evil.

"And just think... one day, it'll be up to our children to carry on in their fathers' footsteps." Amy looked down and noticed that baby Shadow was holding something. "That's strange."

"What's strange?" Cream asked, not knowing what Amy meant.

The pink hedgehog pointed to something in Shadow's hands.

"That toy. We left that toy in the car when we got out. So how did he get it?" Suddenly, Amy had an odd thought. "You don't think that it was..."

Cream then said, "No, it couldn't have been..." The rabbit and hedgehog both said in unison...

"Chaos Control?!"

************************

And so our story comes to a close. A story of how deep true friendship can really run, and how what one seeks so desperately to acquire can sometimes be not at all what they expected or desired.

So remember, be careful what you wish for...

....The End.