Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Careful What You Wish For ❯ Heroes Unite/ A Guardian's Call ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Psycho Tails now was staring into the face of a being whose power was simply immeasurable. The evil fox had never felt anything like this before. It felt as though Chaos himself were right in front of him, ready to strike him dead with little to no effort.

'No... This can't be. How can a creature with such power exist?' Psycho thought to himself as a nervous bead of sweat trickled down the side of his face.

As if reading his thoughts, the fusion of Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower, now known as Sainic, spoke in unified voices.

"You wish to know how I exist?" The hedge-fox started, "I exist for similar reasons as you do."

"What... do you mean?"

Sainic only smirked as he began to explain his creation. "You were created by Tails' desire to help and protect his friends and the people he cared about by becoming stronger. However, this was not the outcome he had anticipated."

"But if..."

"SILENCE!!" Sainic bellowed, his voice creating a fierce wind, knocking Psycho Tails onto his butt before he could finish his question. "I, on the other hand, was created to protect this planet and all of its inhabitants...from you. And that is exactly what I am going to do."

Psycho quickly returned to his feet as Sainic shrugged his shoulders and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. You were saying?"

The villainous vulpine scowled at his obvious equal, if not superior in power, but his scowl soon turned to a sadistic grin as he pointed out a disturbing fact.

"But if you were created in the same aspect as myself, then the outcome of this unification will yield the same result." The hedge-fox fusion raised an eyebrow at this ludicrous statement.

"What are you talking about?" Sainic questioned. Psycho Tails then resumed his explanation. "Think about it... the brat's super form was corrupted by the negative Chaos energy in his body, thus giving birth to me. Since you claim you were formed in the same manner, then it's only a matter of time before this form becomes tainted as well."

Psycho chuckled slightly as he continued. "So you see, this new persona you have taken on, this "Sainic" as you call yourself, has also absorbed the tainted energy into itself." The insane fox was now cackling hysterically as he shouted, "Soon all of your efforts will have been for naught! You will once again be responsible for giving birth to the next great evil! Hahahahaha!"

Sainic folded his arms across his chest, listening to his foe's insane laughter, but abruptly interrupted.

"Wrong."

"...hahahaha... what!?" The psychotic pseudo fox snapped. His hedge-fox counterpart proceeded to walk towards him while talking in a confident voice.

"You don't get it, do you? How could there have been any negative Chaos energy left in one of the vessels used for my creation... when it's standing right here in front of me!?" Sainic shouted, pointing his finger directly at Psycho Tails.

It was at this moment that the corrupted kit realized that he had made a grave error in his earlier assumption.

"No... no, that can't be. You're wrong! You're lying, you have to be!" The diabolical duplicate said, his voice shaking with nervousness. Sainic decided to use this newly expressed emotion to his advantage.

"Aww, what's the matter? Is wittle baby Psycho afwaid of big, scawy Sainic?" The hedge-fox laughed, making a thumb-sucking motion.

This only succeeded in infuriating the evil one as Psycho Tails sprinted towards his foe, pulling his right arm back, balling up his fist tightly and screamed, "You son of a bitch! I will not be made light of by the likes of you!!!"

Once he was within striking distance of Sainic, Psycho slammed his fist fist forward so fast that it created its own sonicboom just before making contact with the hedge-fox's stomach.

Psycho grinned for a brief moment afterward, then suddenly pulled his hand away grasping it and screaming in pain.

"AAAAHHH! Damn it, that felt like punching solid diamondius! What the hell are you made of!?"

"Something stronger than you, obviously." Sainic stated bluntly as he mirrored Psycho's attack, driving his fist home into the carbon copy kits' gut, knocking the wind out of him in the process.

As Psycho dropped to one knee clutching his throbbing belly, he tried to quickly come up with a plan to destroy this unified threat.

'Damn it all. Nothing I do even phases this guy in the least... oh, well. I suppose there's only one option left. I really hoped I wouldn't have to do this. But I want this bastard DEAD!!!'

Sainic continued staring at his opponent, who was looking less threatening by the second.

"Give it up, Psycho. You can't beat our combined strength. Show some sense of honor and face what you have coming to you." The hedge-fox watched in curiosity as Psycho Tails slowly rose to his feet, a gut-wrenching smile plastered across his face as he laughed a sinister laugh.

"What's so funny?" Sainic questioned, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Psycho Tails proceeded to explain, all the while displaying that creepy grin.

"Why, YOU are, my mismatched foe. It is indeed painful for me to admit, but you have proven to be far more difficult to defeat in battle than I had anticipated. I cannot allow someone this powerful to exist! I WON'T!!" Psycho shouted in a demonic voice as he slowly rose up into the air, raising one hand above his head.

Sainic watched on in confusion. "What's he doing?" Psycho continued to ascend higher and higher until he suddenly stopped, looking down on the confused hedge-fox.

Psycho Tails' entire body was bathed in a dark red aura as his eyes took on a bright green glow, every vein pulsing, every muscle bulging. He looked like a deranged Tails doll from Hell. As this took place, Sainic gazed on in bewilderment as he began to sense Psycho's energy growing at a terrifying rate.

"Man, his power's through the roof... and it keeps going up!"

************************

It was during these events that the incapacitated Knuckles finally came to. "Uugh... what hit me? Oh, yeah... never mind." The guardian groaned to himself.

"Wait a minute! The Master Emerald, where is it?!" Knuckles frantically searched around, quickly noticing the precious gem resting next to him. "Whew. that's a relief. But where are Sonic and Tails? And psycho for that matter?"

The echidna then glanced over to the battlefield that was once Angel Island. destruction and devastation had been wrought upon the only home he had known since he was born. Had he not been the hardened warrior he was trained to be, the guardian would have broken into tears.

"... it's all been destroyed." Knuckles whispered to himself as he looked to the sky, witnessing Psycho Tails appearing to lose all self-control. He then diverted his attention back to the ground, taking notice of a fighter he'd never seen before.

"Who's that... no. No, It can't be... I thought that Chaos Fusion was only a legend."

No longer a mere legend, the Guardian of the Master Emerald was witnessing something he had only heard about in ancient folklore... a merger of two warriors to create a being of unfathomable strength... a living god.

After recovering from the shock of seeing a prophecy fulfilled, Knuckles also detected Psycho's dramatic surge in power. He knew that physically, he was no match for the demented fox double. But being the protector of the Master Emerald, he was determined to defend his home, his planet, and his friends.

"The servers are the seven Chaos..."

************************

Meanwhile, Sainic took a fighting stance as an enormous ball of pure black energy, more than twice the size of Angel Island, quickly formed into Psycho Tails' palm.

'...our hearts intensify their power...'

The insane kitsune began to bellow, in a deep, unholy voice... "THIS IS IT! YOU DROVE ME TO THIS! I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS, BUT YOU'VE LEFT ME NO CHOICE!!"

Sainic looked on in horror as Psycho prepared to release the deadly energy ball.

'...the controller serves to unify the Chaos...'

"This is bad. That's enough energy to blow up the planet five times over! Psycho, don't do it! There'll be nothing, nothing left at all! Please!" Psycho Tails only smirked at Sainic's plea.

"...that's the idea. CHAOS... HELLSPHERE!!!"

And with a flick of the wrist, Psycho Tails sent the Chaos Hellsphere hurtling downward, right towards Sainic and the planet Mobius.

'...Chaos is the power. Chaos is the power enriched by the heart!'

As Sainic stood to oppose the attack, unsure of whether or not he could stop it, he was determined to ensure the planet's survival... even if it cost him his own life.

The heroic hedge-fox took a deep breath and cupped his hands at his left side.

"Chaos..."

'CHAOS IS THE POWER ENRICHED BY THE HEART!!'

"...TWINBEAM!!!" Sainic yelled just as Knuckles had finished reciting the ancient chant, releasing an immense twisting blue and orange beam, forming a double-helix pattern as it raced to meet Psycho's Chaos Hellsphere head-on.

As the two powerful energy blasts collided, it felt as though the planet itself was trembling before the might of these two powerful warriors.

"Give it up, Sainic! You can't win!" Psycho shouted as the duo of energy attacks continued to clash with one another.

"NEVER!!" Was Sainic's response, but it seemed that the hedge-fox's attack would disagree, for in an instant, the Hellsphere began to propel forward, overpowering the Twinbeam.

************************

Knuckles had been watching these events unfold the entire time he had been speaking the ancient incantations to the Master Emerald. Now the time had come to see if the mystical gem he had watched over his entire life would answer his cry.

"Master Emerald, please heed my call! Psycho Tails is too strong! please, lend Sainic your power!" Knuckles pleaded, having only known their names by hearing them address one another.

After observing for several moments with no change in their favor, Knuckles tried again.

"Please, Master Emerald! I know you can do it, you have to! If we lose, everything will be destroyed, EVERYTHING!!"

************************

Back at the battlefield, Sainic and Psycho Tails were still struggling to gain control, with the scales tipped in Psycho's favor.

"You see, Sainic? I am far superior to you! I AM A GOD!" Psycho declared as his attack was forcing its way closer to Sainic, but suddenly, the Chaos Hellsphere appeared to be growing larger from Psycho's point of view.

No, scratch that, it wasn't increasing in size... it was being pushed back towards him!

"What!? But this can't be! I am superior!"

Sainic gave a cocky smile as he shouted, "Sorry, but not anymore! This all ends now! Goodbye, Psycho!!" As Sainic's Chaos Twinbeam burst through the Hellsphere, Sonic and Tails' minds were still working as two separate entities, thus communicating with each other.

************************

'Sonic, we have to make sure that he's destroyed once and for all this time.'

'I know, Tails. But what do you have in mind?'

There's only one way I know of... we have to remove our flame bracelets.'

'Alright, lil' bro. If you say so... let's send this fake fox packin'!'

************************

Back to the battle, Sainic focused his mind on his flame bracelets, watching each one snap off and fall to the ground with a clang.

almost instantly, a gold aura surrounded Sainic, briefly allowing a new transformation... Super Sainic.

"Psycho. This... is where it ends." As Super Sainic spoke those words, all of the power was drained from Psycho Tails' body, causing him to revert back to Super Tails.

"What!? But, how? Super Tails looked up just in time to see Super Sainic's attack strike his entire body at once, tearing him to shreds.

"NNNOOOOOOOO!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS DEFEATED!! DAMN YOU!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Super Tails howled in agony as his body desentegrated, leaving not even a single molecule remaining.

"It's really over this time... we won. Thank you, Master Emerald." Knuckles said, falling backwards onto the grass in exhaysted relief.

After all of the horrific events that had transpired over the last couple of days, the threat of Super Tails had finally been lifted from the planet Mobius... forever.