Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fast Times at Emerald High ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"(sigh) Emerald High." Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles the Echidna walked up towards Emerald High School, the most sought after school in the town of Green Hill.

"Dude, it's actually our junior year." Sonic looked over at his friend. Knuckles rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, I can't wait to get out of this crazed school full of wenches and lunatics. And I can't WAIT to get away from the Eggman."

Students ran towards Emerald's doors as students with cars parked in the parking lot. Sonic and Knuckles stayed put, watching on.

"Oh come on, Knuckles," Sonic gave his friend a sympathetic look and placed his hand on his back, "Be more optimistic. This year is gonna be awesome."

Knuckles lazily looked over at his more-than-optimistic best friend. Sonic was too good! Always looking on the bright side of situations. It made him sick sometimes. All of a sudden, what sounded like a proppeller, lingured atop their heads.

"Agh. Where's he at?" Knuckles looked around.

"Hi guys!" Tails gently landed in front of Sonic and Knuckles, his two tails swishing in the air. His books in one hand, his massive bookbag on his back.

"You can go feed a small country with that bookbag, can't you?" Knuckles folded his arms over his chest and looked down at Tails. Tails frowned. Sonic rolled his eyes at this sarcastic friend, who was giggling a bit.

"All ready for your first day of high school?" Sonic smiled at tiny Tails and gave him a proud high five.

"I sure am! I've got everything I need. I even have some materials for you guys if you're in diar need of some." Tails smiled at his older friends. They looked at each other then back at little Tails. Sonic put his hand on Tails' back and the three began to walk into the school.

"Calm down just a teensy bit. It' just your 9th grade year."


MEANWHILE....


"Are you sure that I should start going to public school, dad?"

Harley Winston sat in the passenger's seat in her father's Lexus SUV in front of Emerald. She peered out to the school.

"Sweetheart, your mother and I only want what's best for you. We wouldn't lead you the wrong way."

Harley turned to her father. The glare on his glasses made it impossible to see his eyes. She nodded and smiled.

Harley Winston was a mouse. A rather rich mouse at that. Her father owned one of the largest cheese companies in the world. Her biggest problem was getting people to realize that she wasn't the snobby, stuck up socialite that people percieved her to be.

"Okay." Harley gave her father a hug.

"Have a good day, sweetheart."

"Okay, dad. I will." They pulled from their embrace. Harley's father watched as she pulled the door open and hopped out of the car. She turned around to look at him and waved goodbye. he blew her a kiss and drove off.

Harley turned around and looked at the huge school. How was she going to cope with going to a new school? How many friends was going to have? Will she be liked? Will she be looked at as just a snob from a wealthy family? Harley questioned herself while walking trhough the doors of Emerald.


MEANWHILE....


SOnic, Knuckles and Tails stopped at their new lockers, which are ironically right next to each other.

"SONIC! OH SONIC!!!" A voice sang out of nowhere.

"Oh god..." Sonic layed his hand into his locker and tried his best to close it.

"Ha ha," Knuckles looked to the opposite of Sonic. "Here comes Amy!"

"Who?" Tails closed his locker and looked up at Knuckles, confused.

A dash of pink light passed through the hallway. All of a sudden, Amy appeared in front of the threesome.

"Hi Knuckles!!!" She waved in Knuckles face vigourously.

"Who are you?" Tails looked up at the perky hedgehog. Amy looked down at the little fox.

"I'm Amy Rose," She said, putting her hand on her chest and arrogantly closing her eyes.

"Sonic's girlfriend." Amy ran to Sonic's side and hooked her arm around his somewhat dead arm, his head still glued to his locker. Sonic lazily lifted her head and looked over at Tails.

"She's not my girlfriend." He then let his head fall back into his locker.

"Oh Sonic," Knuckles pulled Sonic's blue spikes up to lift his head, "Don't deny your love!" Knuckles gave Sonic a sarcastic look of sympathy. Sonic shot him a look indicating that he was pissed off. Knuckles then dropped his limp head back into his locker and laughed.

"Would you like to talk me to class, Sonie?" Amy pet Sonic's huge spikes. Sonic looked up and gave Amy a very fake smile. Knuckles and Tails looked at each other, then back at the pathetic scene that they were being subjected to.

"S-sure...I'll be there in a minute."

"Oh great!" Amy smiled and skipped back to her locker.

Sonic shot Knuckles (who was laughing his a** off) another hard look and slapped that back of his head.

"HEY!"

Knuckles looked back at Sonic and clapped his hands where Sonic hit him.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Sonic?" Tails looked at Sonic, a delightful grin on his face.

"I don't!" Sonic slammed his locker shut, followed by Knuckles. The three began to walk through the Emerald hallways. Sonic looked down at Tails.

"She's just a girl that -"

SLAM!

Sonic suddenly slammed into someone. Papers and books went flying everywhere. Sonic pushed himself on the cold, tiled floor and began scooping up the papers.

"I'm so incredibly ---" Sonic looked up at who he crashed into. A gorgeous mouse with beatiful, violet eyes, straight, soft hair and a very small build hypnotized him.

"--- sorry."

"Oh it's okay." The girl giggled, keeping her eyes down, focused on picking up all of her things.

"It's my f---" she glanced up at the blue hegdehog, who was spookily staring at her. She, shyly, smiled and looked back down to her sprawled out papers on the floor. Sonic picked up the remainder of her papers and helped her stand back up.

"I'm Sonic." Sonic held out his hand. Harley pushed her hair back and looked over at the generous hedgehog.

"I'm Harley Winston. Nice to meet you." The two shook hands.

"Likewise." Sonic smiled.

"If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go. Thanks for helping me with my things." Harley smiled back at him, then confidently walked past him, determined to get to her class. Sonic stood frozen. By this brief meeting, he was been mesmerized by this beautiful creature. Her sweet voice, still ringing in his ears.

"She's hot, dude." Knuckles said, looking back to try and catch another glimpse of the beautiful mouse, walking towards the frozen Sonic.

"Sonic?" Tails trying shaking the nonmovable Sonic.

"Dude....SONIC!!!" Knuckles shook Sonic's shoulders then punched him in his shoulder with his sharp knuckles, poking him almost to the point of a puncture.

"OW!!!! WHat the hell was that for?" Sonic looked at Knuckles, smoke nearly coming out of Sonic's ears.

"What's wrong with you, dude?" Knuckles put his hand on Sonic's shoulder.

"That girl. Harley Winston." Sonic looked forward. All of a sudden, Amy came running down the hallway.

"Sonic! I;ve been waiting at my locker for the longest! Now COME ON!" Amy grabbed Sonic's arm and stormed off. Sonic looked back at this friends and clapped his hands together as if he were praying and mouthed the words, 'help me!'

Knuckles and Tails watched as Amy dragged Sonic away. They then shrugged and went on to their classes.



COMING UP: Introduction to Shadow and Rouge....plz review!!!