Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fly away ❯ Fly away ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

FLY AWAY

Authors notes: I don't own Sonic, but I do own this fic, and the song! Wheeee! I made it up myself! ^_^ Please review! I like reviews!!

Now onto the story.

Sonic sat on the Station square harbour, staring silently at the slowly sinking sun.

The sun glowed a bright gold, and the sky was quickly growing darker as it started to become night.

" Golden sun" Sonic whispered sadly, " The same gold that I am when I turn super..."

Sonic stayed quiet as night came and the stars and moon shone brightly in the sky.

" Silver moon" Sonic said, " The same silvery white as..."

Sonic looked down at the gold bracelet in his hand, " Shadow..." He sighed sadly.

"Please don't be gone, please come back to me"

Everyday I wake up and wish

That you were near me

Sonic put the bracelet on his wrist and stood up, heading towards the train station.

He went into the train heading for the Mystic Ruins, and sat down on a sit, trying not to think about what had happened just a few days ago.

One glance at his bracelet made it all come flooding back.

" I feel like I've lost a part of myself..."

And see the light shine in your eyes

I want to fly away with you

Into the endless starlight

The Mystic Ruins Chao garden was empty when Sonic entered it, no one would probably want to see their Chao at night.

But that was fine with Sonic, he wanted to be alone anyway.

"But I'm not alone, not really, my sadness and grief are still with me"

When you said goodbye

I felt my heart begin to break

As you slipped away from me

Into the endless darkness

Sonic sat down by the edge of the pool, watching as the moonlight shone through the trees, casting...shadows on the water.

"Golden sun and Silver moon, at night it's the time for the Moons light to shine, night is Shadows time, not mine! He should be here, I shouldn't! It's all my fault" Sonic cried.

Sonic put his head in his hands and finally broke down, tears running down his face.

"I'm so sorry Shadow, I should have tried to save you, it's all my fault!"

Without you right here

I'm slowly drowning in my sorrow

Sonic looked up suddenly, brushing the tears away and listening intently.

"What was that noise" he murmured.

He heard something moving behind him, " Shadow...is that you?" he asked, desperately hoping that it was.

Sonic cried out in alarm as he was suddenly tackled from behind, and a shrill, very upset sounding Chao voice began talking in his ear.

"Sonikku-chan! I've missed you!" the Sonic Chao said, climbing off his owner and walking round to face him, worry clearly seen in his dark blue eyes.

"I've missed you too Mizu, what's the matter?" asked Sonic.

Mizu grabbed Sonic's arm and started to pull him up.

"You have to come with me, my friend, Tsuki-chan, has been so upset since his Shadow-chan di- um, 'Vanished' All he does is just sit there not moving or talking, I think he must be really ill or something!" explained Mizu hurriedly.

"He probably isn't ill Mizu, he's just upset...like me" said Sonic, his head drooping.

Mizu stared at him and got a pleading look on his face.

"Please come with me Sonikku!" he begged, starting to sound frantic, " I don't know what else to do, you have to try and help him!"

Sonic looked up and stared into his Chao's eyes, " Ok, I'll help" he agreed.

I want to fly away

Into the starry sky

Away from here

Anywhere near

As long as your by my side

Sonic had always liked the Neutral Chao garden, it gave off a feeling of peace and happiness, especially at night when the Chao were sleeping, and all you could hear was the silence.

He saw six Chao curled up asleep in the middle of the grass.

"That's strange" he thought, " Without Mizu there, there should be seven Chao"

He then noticed the lone Chao sitting up on the cliff above the pool.

Shadow's Chao, Tsuki.

Every time I wake up

I look around this place

Sonic was always surprised at how much Tsuki looked like Shadow, un-like most Dark Chao, he even had a happy smile, and the same Ruby red eyes as Shadow.

But right now, Tsuki looked anything but happy, the little Chao just sat there, as still as a statue, staring at nothing.

The red parts of his fur looked dull and faded, and his eyes were half closed, un-shed tears glistening in them.

Sonic could clearly remember the look on Tsuki's face when they had told him what happened to Shadow.

The poor Chao had looked heartbroken, and it was almost as though he had became lost in a fog of sadness.

"It's my fault he's so sad, If I'd managed to have saved Shadow then Tsuki wouldn't be so upset" Sonic whispered to himself.

See the drifting clouds above me

And I can almost see you too

Sonic sat down in front of Tsuki and Mizu hurried over to them, he flapped his little wings and hovered up onto the cliff, sitting down next to the other Chao.

"Tsuki-chan, how are you?" he asked.

Tsuki stayed silent, not even seeming to notice the other Chao speaking to him.

"Please talk to me Tsuki-chan, I can't stand to see you like this" said Mizu, putting a paw on Tsuki's shoulder.

Sonic watched sadly as his Chao continued to try and get Tsuki to talk to him.

"Why won't you answer me? I'm your friend, I want to make you happy again!" Mizu cried, and tears began to fall from his eyes.

"No, don't have any friends, my friends gone, he's gone" Tsuki said quietly.

Naturally both Sonic and Mizu were slightly surprised that Tsuki was suddenly talking.

"Of course you have friends, I'm your friend, and all the other Chao are you friends" Mizu said.

"No, I don't have any friends, Shadow-chan was my friend...but Shadow's dead" Tsuki whispered.

In his heart, Sonic knew that was probably true, but hearing the only other person who had really cared about him said it out loud, made it seem real.

I wish that my dreams would come true

Then maybe I could fly with you

Sonic grabbed Tsuki and hugged him, crying into his jet black fur.

"He really is gone isn't he?" Sonic said, choking back a sob.

Tsuki hugged Sonic back, a slight smile coming to his face.

"I didn't realise that anybody else would miss him" said Tsuki.

"Neither did I" Sonic admitted.

"I'm glad that somebody else cares for him like I do"

Sonic blushed and stroked the Chao's head.

"Yes, I do care about him, a lot..."

Sometimes I think of a new life

Somewhere in the distant lands

In a different time

A place where you could be with me

Sonic's fingers brushed over Tsuki's ears and the little Chao giggled softly.

"Hey, that tickles" he laughed, pushing Sonic's hand away.

Mizu watched this with a growing feeling of happiness.

"Tsuki-chan!" Mizu squealed leaping at Tsuki and hugging him tightly.

"Agh, can't breathe!" Tsuki groaned.

Mizu ignored him and if anything he just hugged him tighter.

"I'm so glad your back to normal Tsuki-chan"

"So am I" grinned Tsuki, managing to detach himself from Mizu.

But those are simply wishes

That cannot be reached

"Hey look" said Mizu, pointing at the sky, " A shooting star!"

Sonic watched as the tiny silvery star raced across the sky.

"Maybe we should make a wish on it?" he suggested.

"Ok" nodded Tsuki, " I wish that our Shadow-chan would come back to us"

The star twinkled slightly then seemed to disappear.

"I wonder where it went" whispered Mizu.

"I dunno, but I do know that I have to go now" said Sonic.

Sonic stood up and started to walk off, waving good bye to the two Chao.

He paused at the exit and looked up at the sky again.

"Shadow, Aishiteru...."

And then he left the garden.

I want to fly away

Into the starry sky

Away from here

Anywhere near

As long as your by my side

The end