Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fly away ❯ Part two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

FLY AWAY

PART TWO

Authors note: Well you wanted a second part, so here it is.

The song in this chapter is "Secret garden" from the 5th Pocket Monsters film, it's the one Japanese Pokemon song that is actually sung in English, and it can sort of go with this story.

Well, enjoy this chapter! ^^

There is a brightness

Its like the sunshine

That comes down among the trees

And kisses the ground

It was late evening and Mizu and Tsuki were lying peacefully in the Chao garden.

" Do you think Shadow-chan will come back?" asked Tsuki.

" I don't know, maybe" Mizu said quietly.

" I hope so..." sighed Tsuki.

The silver shooting star suddenly appeared over head again, and the two Chao stared up at it in confusion.

" Hey, Tsuki-chan, is that the same star?"

" I think so!"

" But how can a shooting star come back, that's impossible!"

The star stopped and began to fall quickly towards the Mystic ruins Chao garden.

Mizu leaped to his feet and started running towards the other garden.

" We gotta get there quickly and see what that thing is!" he cried.

" But Mizu-chan, it might be dangerous" said Tsuki, running after him and grabbing his arm.

" Well then, there's only one thing we can do then isn't there?" said Mizu.

" What?"

" We'll go and get Sonikku-chan to come with us!"

The city is like a maze

We all never fly

We feel the loneliness

Sonic groaned and rolled over in his sleep, desperately trying to ignore the soft tapping sound that was interrupting his dreams.

Un-able to ignore it anymore, Sonic opened his eyes and sat up.

He glanced over at his window and saw Mizu and Tsuki sitting outside his window, tapping on the glass.

" Oh, what do they want now?" Sonic glanced at the clock. " It's one in the morning!"

Sonic got up and walked over to the window, he opened it and pulled the two Chao inside.

" Hi Sonikku!" they said happily.

" What are you two doing here at this time of night?" asked Sonic, he sat down on his bed and placed the two Chao next to him.

" Sonikku, we need your help again" said Mizu.

" Why? What's happened now?" asked Sonic.

" Well, you know that shooting star we saw, it came back" said Tsuki.

Sonic blinked and looked confused. " But how can it come back? It's a star"

" Yeah, that's what thought" said Mizu. " But then it suddenly fell towards the Mystic ruins Chao garden, so will you come with us to see what it is?"

" Mizu-chan wanted us to go there by ourselves, but I said it was too dangerous, so we decided to come and get you!" Tsuki cut in.

"...So it's your fault that I'm awake at one in the morning?"

" Er, yeah, sort of..." Mumbled Tsuki, hiding behind Mizu.

" Oh never mind, come on let's go" said Sonic, standing up again.

" Yay!" the Chao cheered, and they jumped up onto Sonic's head.

" Let's go see what's going on there" Sonic said.

The city is like a maze

We all never fly

We feel the loneliness

There is a water

Its so beautiful

They keep running towards a dream

Reaching to be free

" It feel kind of strange, coming here twice in one night" Sonic said as he and the Chao entered the Mystic Ruins Chao garden.

" Yeah but this time your in a much brighter mood" said Mizu.

" Yeah, and a much sleepier mood" muttered Sonic.

" Don't moan Sonikku-chan"

" Who are you, my mother?"

" No I'm your Chao!"

" I was being sarcastic!"

Tsuki shook his head and sighed as he listened to them.

Suddenly he noticed something up ahead.

" Hey guys, what's that!" he cried.

The three of them stared in surprise at the large hole in the middle of the garden.

A bright white light shone from the hole.

" Cool..." the Chao breathed in awe, and they ran over to the hole.

The two of them peered into it and gasped.

" Sonikku-chan, you'd better get over here" said Mizu.

Sonic walked over and looked in as well, his eyes widened in shock.

" Shadow!?" he cried.

If you are afraid of despair

Please come to my precious world

The secret gardens here

Tsuki began to jump up and down, cheering wildly.

" Yay! It's Shadow-chan! I knew he'd come back!" Tsuki said happily.

Sonic climbed down the side of the hole and dropped down lightly next to Shadow.

" Is he hurt?" asked Mizu curiously.

Sonic pulled Shadow into his arms and looked at him, " Strangely enough, no, I don't think

he's injured, just un-conscious"

" But he fell from such a long way, how can he not be hurt?" wondered Tsuki.

" I don't know," said Sonic as he climbed up out of the hole. " But he isn't"

Sonic laid Shadow down on the grass and the three of them gathered round him.

" What should we do now Sonikku-chan? Should we try and wake him up?" asked Mizu.

" I'm not sure..." sighed Sonic, gazing at Shadow.

" Maybe we should just wait till he wakes up" suggested Tsuki.

" Ok, We will." Agreed Sonic. " Come on, let's take him back to my house so he can rest"

" Can we come too?" Mizu asked.

" Yeah, I wanna be there when my Shadow-chan wakes up" said Tsuki.

" Oh ok, you can come" said Sonic, picking Shadow up again. " Come on, let's go"

And so the four of them left the garden.

We can fly away

And we can talk heart to heart

Let's go to paradise with invisible wings

Someday our dreams will come true

We can find the way

Yes we can stay together now

Because there is hope for everyone

The secret gardens waiting for you

When the three of them got back to Sonic's house, they gently laid Shadow out on the couch and gathered round him, eager to see when he would wake up.

" Do you think Shadow-chan will remember us?" asked Tsuki, suddenly looking worried.

Sonic's eyes widened slightly. " You mean, you think he could have amnesia?"

" Yes, that's what I've been wondering" Tsuki said quietly.

Sonic pulled Tsuki and Mizu into his lap and started stroking their heads.

" Don't worry, I'm sure Shadow will be fine" said Sonic.

" I hope..." Mizu added under his breath.

Mizu nuzzled closer to Sonic and Tsuki lowered his head, looking a little sad.

" I missed Shadow-chan...I'm glad he's back" Tsuki paused for a moment. " But, I hope he really is ok..."

" Yeah, it would be horrible, I mean, he leaves, and then comes back, only to maybe leave again"

Tears started to roll down Tsuki's cheeks. " But I don't want him to leave again..." he whispered.

Tsuki crawled out of Sonic's arms and climbed up onto the couch and sat by Shadow's face.

" Shadow-chan, please wake up, please don't leave me again..."

" Tsuki..." sighed Sonic, looking sadly at the tearful Chao, and wishing there was something he could do to cheer him up.

" But I think the only one who can do that...is Shadow..." Sonic thought to himself.

There are many flowers

Its so lovely

They stay in your heart

Yes forever more

You are my special friend

Please come to my precious world

The secret gardens here

" Tsuki-chan" whispered Mizu, " Please don't cry"

Tsuki whiped his eyes slightly and looked over at Mizu.

" Why should I stop?"

" Because I don't like seeing you cry, it makes me cry!" sniffled Mizu, and he choked back a quiet sob.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset" said Tsuki, " Or you either Sonikku" he added to Sonic.

" That's alright" said Sonic, kneeling down next to Shadow.

Sonic started to stroke Shadow's cheek fondly.

" Shadow, can you hear me?" Sonic asked. " See how upset we are over you? I...I, just wished that you'd wake up Shadow!"

Sonic started to cry himself, and Mizu and Tsuki look at him anxiously.

" Shadow...I'm not sure if you heard me the first time I said it" began Sonic, quietly. " So I'll say it again...Aishiteru..."

The three of them waited to see if that would get a response...it didn't.

" Oh..." Sonic didn't quite seem to know what to say.

Sonic stood up and turned away, feeling heartbroken.

" I thought that might have made a difference... but it obviously doesn't"

" Sonikku..." Said Mizu, looking at his owner with worried eyes.

Sonic turned and started to walk out of the room.

" Sonikku...Matte..." a voice said weakly.

Sonic froze and spun round at that voice.

" Shadow!? Your awake!"

We can fly away

And we can talk heart to heart

Let's go to paradise with invisible wings

Someday our dreams will come true

We can find the way

Yes we can stay together now

Because there is hope for everyone

The secret gardens waiting for you

My friend

We can fly

We can smile

Lets make a dream

".....SHADOW-CHAN!!!" Tsuki shrieked loudly, practically pouncing on Shadow and hugging him.

Mizu groaned and clutched his head. " Please Mizu-Chan, don't yell so loudly, I like having working eardrums, thank you very much"

Tsuki stuck his tung out at him as Sonic came walking back over.

" Shadow, are you ok?" Sonic asked, sitting down next to him.

" Hai. I just fell a little sleepy..." Shadow answered, promptly yawning, as though to prove his point.

" I'm glad your Ok Shadow-San" said Sonic.

" Arigato Sonikku-San. But, please don't decide to go again, you didn't give me a chance to answer you"

Sonic started to blush and he laughed nervously. " You mean, you heard me?"

Shadow smiled at the blushing Hedgehog, and nodded. " Both times actually"

Sonic blushed brighter and gulped, " So, er, what do you think?"

" I think...that I love you too" said Shadow, leaning over and kissing Sonic on the cheek.

Sonic sighed happily and Shadow leaned in again to hug him.

" Er, sorry to break the mood, but it would be a lot easier to hug you if I didn't have a hyperactive Chao latched onto my arm" stated Shadow.

Tsuki giggle and let go of Shadow's arm, and jumped back down onto the floor next to Mizu.

" That's better" said Sonic, and he wrapped his arms around Shadow and kissed him deeply, and pulled him down on top of him.

Mizu and Tsuki stared curiously up at their owners.

" What are that doing?" asked Mizu.

" I think they call it 'making out'" answered Tsuki.

" Oh...What are they doing now?"

" Er...I'm not sure I want to know..."

......

" Wanna go raid the fridge?"

" Yeah!"

We can fly away

And we can talk heart to heart

Let's go to paradise with invisible wings

Someday our dreams will come true

We can find the way

Yes we can stay together now

Because there is hope for everyone

The secret gardens waiting for you

The End