Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gran Pas De Deux ❯ That Day… ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gran Pas De Deux!
By Tsuikai(Daniel Sargeant) and Kululu-xiao
Chapter One: That Day… (Written by Tsuikai)
 
(This is my first attempt at a Tag-Team story. There will be two different styles of writing and credit goes to both authors. Now for the warnings for crybabies. Tails is a FEMALE in this story, although that doesn't mean everyone knows. If you don't like the idea of a girl Tails then go away. Now that I got that off of my chest, I would like to begin. When Reviewing, please tell us which chapter you are reviewing. Please enjoy.)
 
Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Rouge, Amy, Tails, Cream and Tikal were all sitting in Tails' house in the Mystic Ruins. They had just returned from a day out in Station Square, where they had shared a few large pizzas. Their day went very well, and the group had a lot of fun. They returned to Tails' house to finish their day with a blast. Amy walked over to Tails' shelf where she kept her CDs and began going through them. As she searched for some music to listen to, she barely noticed Tails next to her. Tails slid a CD out of the shelf and walked away.
Amy looked over to her. “Tails, which CD is that?” she asked.
“This?” Tails replied, looking at the CD cover. “It… it's nothing. Pretty… crappy stuff. Just removing it from the shelf. It's not very good, really.” She insisted, and continued to walk upstairs.
“What's wrong with him?” Sonic asked, getting up from the sofa.
“Don't know. He just grabbed it and took off,” Rouge said. “Never mind, continue searching for something to play, Amy.” Sonic returned to his seating position.
Tails came back downstairs without the CD. She walked into the kitchen. “Anyone want a drink?” She asked, turning to face everyone.
“Sure, a soda would be good,” Sonic called over.
“I'll have a beer if you've got one,” Knuckles grunted.
“Orange juice is good for me.” Cream piped up.
“You got any milkshakes?” Amy asked.
“I have a little bit of strawberry,” Tails replied.
“That'd do fine, thanks.”
“And Knuckles, I'm afraid I don't have any beer.” Tails glanced over at him.
“No worries. I brought some along,” Tikal called from the other side of the room. “I thought he might want some.” Tikal picked up her bag and pulled out a six-pack of Knuckles' favourite beer and threw a can over.
“Oh, thanks, Tikal.” Tails smiled.
“Yeah, thanks Tika.” Knuckles replied.
“No problem, but… don't call me Tika, as it's annoying.” Tikal complained.
“You know you love it babe,” Knuckles teased.
“Tails, don't you have any good CD's?” Amy said in a whiny voice.
“None that you like, obviously.” Tails muttered.
“You've got a weird set up here. Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop… where's the dance?” Tails walked over and pulled out a CD.
“That would be this one,” she said. She then returned to the kitchen to prepare the drinks, whilst Amy set up the tunes. Shadow pushed off of the wall he was leaning on and walked into the kitchen.
“Hey, Tails.” He called.
“Yeah?”
“Let me help.” Shadow offered.
“That's a surprise.”
“What?”
“I didn't think it was like you to offer help to anyone,” Tails teased. It was a good thing she was looking away from him or he might have seen the pale blush on her face. What's wrong with me? Tails mentally queried. I never did this before, but every time he talks to me, I get all flustered.
As Tails continued to make the drinks, she paused to take off her gloves and set them aside. She wetted her hands and wiped her face a little. Comeon, go away. She ordered her blush mentally.
“What are you doing?” Shadow asked, curiously. Tails blushed again, but it quickly faded.
“I… um… it got a little hot all of a sudden,” Tails honestly answered.
“Then open a window!” Shadow laughed. Tails' blush finally cooled down again. Wow… so he does laugh… and I heard it. Tails thought to herself. It's so calm… She took out a glass and carton of orange juice, whilst Shadow got a bottle of milk and a strawberry milkshake. He got a glass and poured in the milk, and then he mixed it with the strawberry milkshake. Tails meanwhile poured a little orange juice and filled the rest with water. “I'm done with Amy's drink,” Shadow said.
“As I am with Cream's,” Tails added, and the two set the glasses aside. Tails called out to the others, “Cream, Amy, you're drinks are done!” She watched as Cream came in and took the glasses.
“Thank you, Tails,” Cream said with a blush and walked away with the glasses. Tails watched her and then stepped to the side, bumping gently into Shadow. It seemed like a long while, but Tails quickly pushed away from him.
“I… I'm sorry, Shadow.” She blushed a deeper red than before, and rubbed her cheeks again to sooth it.
“It's fine,” Shadow said, seeming to go back to his cold demeanour. Tails stared into his eyes, whilst he gave the same response by gazing into hers. This situation was quickly becoming suspicious and Tails needed to break it.
“Oh, I forgot about Rouge and Tikal's drinks,” she said. She backed off and headed for the living room. “Hey, Rouge, Tikal. You want anything to drink?” she asked, as she looked in the room. It appears Rouge is sharing Knuckles beer… I'm so glad I got out of that situation. She thought.
“Nah, these beers will do me,” Rouge said.
“A glass of water will be fine,” Tikal nodded. Tails turned around to head back into the kitchen and would have hit Shadow again, had she not swerved in a peculiar way to avoid him. This caused Tikal and Cream to stare at her, whilst everyone else was distracted. Tikal chuckled slightly.
“I could've sworn that looked like a ballet move, Tails.” She giggled. Tails created a fake laugh, whilst scratching her head.
“Really?” she asked nervously.
“Yeah, seriously. It was quite funny.” Cream added.
“Well, I didn't mean too.” Tails said. She then walked off into the kitchen, out of sight, and gave herself a soft thud on the head. Damn it, so stupid! She cursed herself. Don't do that again!
Shadow looked over to Sonic.
“Here,” he said, tossing over the soda. Sonic caught it and opened it in record time.
“Thanks, man.” He said. Shadow returned to the kitchen, but Tails had disappeared. Hmm, I wonder where Tails went. He thought to himself. Better get Tikal her water, though.
 
Meanwhile, Tails was upstairs in her room. She was lying down on the bed with a CD player and headphones; listening to the songs of the CD she removed earlier. She had her eyes closed, and her arms lying gently on her stomach. She was almost sleeping, with the lack of movement. She felt relaxed, which was the main thing. She failed to notice Cream walk in. Cream walked over and spoke to her. “Tails.” Tails looked at her as she heard her calling.
“Yeah, Cream?” she asked.
“Would you like to go out later? Just me and you.” Cream asked, blushing. I hope he says yes. She thought.
“Where to?” Tails asked in return.
“I don't know, just like… a date…” This caused Tails great discomfort. Sure, she liked Cream and she knew of the crush Cream had on her, and it was really hard to come up with some way to break it to her. But she couldn't outright tell her she's a girl, not after so long.
“I'm no good at dates, Cream.” Tails told her.
“Oh… well…” Cream backed off a bit. “Well… never mind then…” Cream walked out, and Tails could have sworn she saw a tear roll down her face. She clonked her head back on the pillow and sighed. I hate having to do that… she mentally griped.
 
Later, Cream was still a little upset and told Amy everything, which in turn caused Amy to have a go at Tails. Sonic was watching the box, whilst Rouge and Knuckles bickered over the last beer. Tikal was chatting with Shadow.
“Hey, Shadow.” She started.
“What?” Shadow asked, in his usual cold demeanour.
“Do you think there's something strange about Tails?” Tikal questioned.
“Like what?”
“Like, he isn't who we think he is or something.”
“What gives you that impression?”
“Well, that sudden move, the over excessive clothing, and the rejection to a date with Cream. It doesn't add up.”
“Why not? That sudden `ballet move' you saw was an accident, the choice of clothing tails decides to wear is his decision, and he just might not want to date Cream. I don't see what's unusual about that.”
“Never mind. But I get your point.” Tikal walked away and sat next to Knuckles. Shadow followed, just to say one more thing,
“Girl,” he said to Tikal, “Don't make rash decisions on things with little to no evidence.” Shadow walked over to Tails and Amy. “Are you done whining yet, Amy?” he questioned.
“Shut up, Shadow. This has nothing to do with you!” Amy spat.
“Nor does it you,” Tails countered for him. Amy walked away with a huff. Tails returned to her room, whilst Shadow watched her leave.
I wonder… what is Tails doing or going to do now? He mentally pondered.
 
(It's a short chapter, but alright for the opening chapter I think. Well, it's time to switch authors for the next chapter. I wonder how it will turn out. Later all.)