Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ His Story ❯ His Story IV: The Meetup ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When you are abandoned on an island often you will become malnourished, which means, your body does not have enough food or liquid. You may also start seeing visions or "seeing things". Sonic the Hedgehog thought he was seeing things when Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat appeared out of the rich jungle on what is now called The Dark Maelstrom. "Huh, so this really is an island." Shadow said, feeling dizzy. You may recall in chapter II Shadow had called this place an island. He did know this was an island, but he was malnourished, and was not sure what he had said, or what he knew. "Would you guys like some fish?" Sonic asked, and of course, Shadow and Rouge ate the fish. Later that night, again, exact date unknown, Rouge asked Sonic a question that had been on her mind for a long time, and that question was "So what's wrong with Knuckles?". "He's acting like a bird." Sonic said. Shadow then had a sudden realization. "That's what Eggman did to Knuckles, he switched his mind with that of a bird." Sonic and Rouge looked at Shadow with shocked expressions on thei faces. Could this be true? Could their friend Knuckles now only have the mental capacity of an Earth bird?
"No, no, no! I won't believe it!" Rouge shouted, tears flowing from her eyes. "You don't have to believe it, it's just a fact." Shadow told her, as the sad truth became clear to Rouge. "So, what do we do now?" Sonic asked, which was probably the question on all of their minds, but the answer will have to be saved for another chapter. Stay tuned for chapter V
Converting /tmp/phpbPoxns to /dev/stdout