Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Inked in flame ❯ Chapter the second: Why bees buzz ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ok, you are not going to listen to this bit but here it goes:
I DO NOT OWN, HAVE OWNED OR CLAIM TO OWN ANY CHARACTER OR OBJECT THAT BELONGS TO THE SEGA CORPORATION. But I do own all the characters I make up though. On with the plot! Oh and: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Jet, Wave, Storm, Big, Vector, Charmy and Espio all belong to the SEGA corporation.

Chapter the second: Why bees buzz

Tails ran up to the park entrance. Only 10 minutes late, he thought. He saw Cream waiting at the park bench. He felt guilty. He was always late for the meetings. Vanilla had started telling him off for it recently. He ran up to the park bench and stooped over, trying to catch his breath. Cream looked down at him with a disappointed look on her face. Why does she have to make that face? It makes me feel so guilty, thought the tardy two-tailed fox. Presently, she smiled and laughed. Tails always got a nice, warm feeling whenever Cream smiled, and whenever she laughed he felt infected with her mirth. “Hey Tails! I see you’re late again. Did Sonic turn off your alarm clock this time, or did you get caught up in a titanic battle against a giant robot?” Cream laughed.
Tails sweatdropped. Cream never seemed to mind he was late, but she did seem to mind about him telling her his excuses. As a proud worker, Tails would never admit to another person he was having strange dreams, or that he slept in late.
“H-hey Cream, sorry I’m late. I uh, well, that is to say…” Tails stammered. His speech always seemed to pack up whenever he talked to Cream. He stammered and stuttered and generally made a fool of himself.
“Never mind! You’re here now, and that’s what counts!” she said, flashing him a beautiful smile.
“What did we say we would do today?” Tails blurted out.
“Let’s go to the movie theatre! They’re showing Chao Home Alabama: The second coming! Isn’t that right, Cheese?” Cream asked the round blue animal hovering around her head.
“Chao Chao!” Cheese said.
At that, Tails started to fiddle with a watch-like object on his wrist.
“What’s that, Tails?” Cream asked, showing her usual interest in Tails’ inventions.
These days, if Tails invented anything new, she was the first one to know, and sometimes the first one to test it out. If Tails couldn’t show her in person, he rang her up on her mobile phone, which was actually one that Tails had made.
“It’s my new invention. It’s called P.A.C.M.A.N. It’s short for Personal Application Computer Management Allowing for News. It has all the timetables in the city programmed right into it, along with an automatic reminder and GPS system. It can tell me from here when the movie starts and how much the tickets are.” Tails explained.
“When is the movie?” asked Cream.
“2 o’ clock. I have enough money for the two of us with me. If we set out now, we can be at the cinema for one.” Tails said, reading from the screen of P.A.C.M.A.N.
“Well, let’s go then!” said Cream, making a little pose.
She and Tails then set of for the movies.

A long way from there, in a lakeside clearing in the middle of a forest, a hare was wringing out her ears. She had just bathed, and her clothes lay in a pile near the lake. Lucky for me this clearance is surrounded by bushes, she thought. She was fairly sure that none of the others knew where she had gone off to. She took a second to lay back in the grass and listen to the sounds of the forest. “You may as well wash your clothes whilst you’re at it.” said a sarcastic voice from behind the bushes.
“H-how?” the hare stammered.
“ I can smell you. Well, not you so much, but I can smell your clothes.” said the voice matter-of-factly.
The hare swore under her breath. Stupid high strung fox with his stupid ultra-sensitive nose… She sat up quickly, and began to dress.
“Don’t peek!” She shouted to the bushes.
“Now why would I do that?” asked the voice.
“ So I can introduce my foot to your face!” she said angrily, putting on her pants.
“First off”, said the voice, “If your foot ever meets my face, you will very quickly find out how long you can hold your breath. Secondly, even though I lack social graces, I still know not to look at a lady getting dressed.... And finally, there’s probably nothing worth seeing back there.”
“Oh, go and play with a hunting party!” she said impatiently, fiddling with the clasps of her bra.
“ I plan to. Meanwhile, the loudmouth tiger and the self-righteous hedgehog are both waiting for us, so I advise you hurry up.”
She struggled into her trousers, and buckled her belt.
“I’m hurrying already! Keep your jeans on!” she retorted.
“Are you done yet?” inquired the voice despairingly.
She slipped her tank-top over her bra and dusted herself down. Great, my tail is still wet! Now my pants are gonna stick to my bum! Stupid fox! she thought.
“If you don’t hurry up, I’ll leave you behind. And don’t think I won’t, because I’ve done it before.” the voice added.
“I’m done already! Geez, you have got to lighten up!” she said, stepping out from behind the bushes. The fox turned around and looked at her. Good, at least he had the manners to keep his back turned, the hare thought. She noticed him staring at her.
“What’s your problem?” she asked angrily.
“Next time you have a bath, you may want to put your clothes on the right way round.” he commented coolly.
She blushed, noticing that she had put on her trousers and tank top on inside-out. They walked through the lush undergrowth towards another clearing.
“What I don’t get”, the hare said,“ Is that you’re a guy, and you still insist on wearing those jeans even when it’s really hot. Did you stop growing fur around your private area?”
“Well, what I don’t get is that although you know that we’re going through this forest to find the mountain we need to climb, you still insist on not wearing shoes.” he retorted.
“You aren’t wearing shoes either!” she shouted.
“We don’t have time for this. I’m going.” he said, running off.
Just cause you know I’m right, she thought, hurrying after him.

Sonic walked toward the shoe store. He had gone to Station Square, in hope of whiling away the hours before Tails came back from wherever he had gone. He took a step forward, then was knocked on his butt. He got up and looked around, and saw a black blur speeding of into the distance. Sonic raced after it, and soon enough drew level with it.
“Hey Shadow, where are you going in such a hurry?” Sonic asked the blur.
“Out of my way, hedgehog. I have important business to attend to.” Shadow replied curtly.
“Surely you don’t need to trim your toenails that badly?” laughed Sonic.
Shadow stopped dead. Sonic looked behind him and saw Shadow wave. Sonic then looked ahead of him again, but he was too late to see the lamppost. He ran straight into it, hitting it with a satisfying thud. Shadow walked up behind him, laughing. It was a chilling laugh, and it made Sonic’s blood run cold.
“Since when did you get a sense of humour?” Sonic asked angrily.
“Since I found out how much fun it is to knock you flat on your rear.” retorted Shadow.
Sonic opened his mouth to reply, but Shadow had already raced off into the distance.

“Don’t leave me, Jayce!”
“I never will, Maryanne!”
Cream yawned. The movie had just come to an end. She looked at her watch, straining her eyes to see it in the gloom.
“It’s five o’ clock, Cream…” came Tails’ soft voice from next to her. Cream yawned.
“I can’t believe that movie went on for three hours…” Cream said drowsily. Tails smiled. He too felt drowsy, after sitting in the dark for three hours. Cream looked up at him, seeing the soft smile playing around his lips.
“What’s up, Tails?” she asked.
“Oh, nothing. Shall we go home now?” Tails yawned, showing off his sharp teeth.
“Not yet. I, uh, need to go to the little bunnies’ room…” Cream answered.
“Ok then. I’ll wait for you in the foyer.” Tails said. He plodded off into the foyer, while Cream ran off in the opposite direction. Tails reached the foyer, and leant back against the wall. He noticed a strange, yet pleasant smell. He sniffed around the air, then his bag of popcorn. Finally, he sniffed his glove. It smelt like daisies with a hint of lavender. He quite liked the smell, but couldn’t understand why his glove smelt of it. Cream ran up to him. He sniffed the air, and the same smell seemed to be coming from Cream. Then, it clicked. The smell was Creams’ perfume! But, Tails realised, just sitting next to her wouldn’t have given him a strong enough dose for him to smell of it as well.
“That movie was kind of s-scary, wasn’t it, Tails?” Cream asked.
Ah ha! Cream must have got scared and held my hand for comfort. But, the movie wasn’t that scary. Maybe Cream just scares easy, thought Tails.
“Well? Wasn’t it scary?” Cream squeaked.
“Y-yeah, a little bit…” Tails blurted.
“Well, I have to go home now. But I’ll see you again soon.” Cream said.
“Alright. See ya!” Tails replied. Cheese would be glad. They had left him in the chao garden so he didn’t spoil the movie. Tails smiled as Cream ran off. He yawned once more, then jumped into the air, twirled his tails in the technique he had become known for, and flew off through the air to his lab.

The Chaotix detective agency were in Station Square libary. Espio was twitching ominously, and a multitude of plastic cups were on the table beside him. They had been in this libary nigh-on 24 hours now, and they had gotten so close to what they needed. They only needed a few more hours. Vector had bags under his eyes and was so tired he could hardly read the pages in front of him. Charmy bustled back into the libary. As usual, the peppy bee seemed to have a neverending supply of energy, despite the fact that he was the only member of Chaotix who hadn't had any coffee. Espio had forbade him from having any, on the grounds that he was already so hyperactive that if he had any more energy, he stood a good chance of exploding. Charmy had made a mental note to ask Tails if that was true later. Tails and Charmy had become friends lately, and they both seemed to benefit from it. Tails needed challenges, and whenever Charmy asked for Tails' help in a case, it always provided him with a nice brainteaser. Charmy needed something to slow him down, and Tails had taught him to sit down and reflect on life. They had become friends after Chaotix had asked Knuckles for some help in a case. Knuckles had asked Tails to help out with the forensics and while Tails was helping, he talked to Charmy. When Chaotix had next been stumped, Charmy had talked to Tails and Tails provided an answer. The rest was history.
"Hey Espio, want some more coffee?" Charmy asked cheekily. Espio was practically insane from coffee overdose, having drank every cup of coffee to keep Charmy from having any. He was rocking back and forth on his bottom muttering frantically.
"Found it! This is the symbol used by the gang behind the recent string of robberies!" Vector exclaimed.
Charmy buzzed over and looked at the book Vector was holding. There was a picture on the page of what seemed to be the moon obscured by a tornado.
"It says here that this symbol was adopted by a gang called the Arridian Guild. We'll get some shuteye, then cross reference that name with eye-and-ear witness accounts...This could be the break we've been waiting for! Hey, what's up with Espio?" Vector asked.
"Oh, he can't handle his coffee. Not like me. I've been drinking coffee since I was 7!" Charmy exclaimed.
"And you didn't tell me this? I'll throttle you, you stupid bee!" Espio shouted, making a grab for Charmy.

Tails landed outside his workshop. He looked at his watch. It had taken him a little longer than he had anticipated to reach his workshop. In fact, it had taken a lot longer. It was almost 7 o'clock. Tails opened the door and almost crashed into Sonic. "So, where did you and Cream go today?" Sonic asked.
"We went to see a movie." Tails replied cautiously.
"And was this movie romantic, by any chance?" Sonic asked, a cheeky grin plastered to his face.
"Yes, I suppose so." Tails said defensively.
"Oooo! So that's why you smell of Cream's perfume! Tails and Cream, sittin' in a tree, doin' things they shouldn’t be!" Sonic sang, dancing around on the spot like a deranged ballerina. At this point, Tails started edging over to his prototype laser so he could test it on Sonic's head. Just before he reached it, his mobile phone rang. Tails had made everyone mobile phones and programmed all of their numbers into each one. He looked at his caller I.D and saw that it was Knuckles calling him. He looked at his laser longingly and sighed. He then answered his phone.
"Hey Tails!" Knuckles' voice came down the line. "Have you finished that... Hey, is that Sonic in the background?"
Tails saw his chance to shut Sonic up. Like most people, he knew exactly how to trick Knuckles.
"Oh, he was just telling me about the time he found one of Rouges' bras in that tree behind your island..." Tails said craftily.
"What?!?! Put him on, I want to, ahem, discuss something with him..." Knuckles said, his hair-trigger temper flaring up.
Tails smiled. His plan had worked and the echidna had taken the bait.
"It's for you!" Tails laughed, handing the phone to Sonic.
"How did you find that bra?" Knuckles shouted.
"What bra?" Sonic asked, confused.
"The bra you found in the tree behind my island!" Knuckles yelled.
"I didn't find any bra...Hang on a second! Knuckles, have you been stealing bras from Rouge?" Sonic taunted.
"That's not..." Knuckles began, but he was interrupted by Sonic.
"Been sneaking round her pantie draw? Or did she just leave it behind the last time she visited? Or maybe you just borrowed a pair to sniff? I never saw you as a sniffer, Knux!" Sonic said, almost wetting himself with laughter.
"Hey! Tails told me that you said you'd found Rouge's bra in my tree. How did you find it?" Knuckles erupted.
"Well, Tails tricked you! I never found a bra, but now I know you have one! Anyway, Tails might have some panties to sniff himself soon..." Sonic went on.
"I don't think Tails will go around sniffing panties, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets himself a girlfriend. After all, he attracts human and animal girls, being so cute and fluffy..." Knuckles said thoughtfully.
"Yeah, and he's smart as well. That really rakes in the chicks." Sonic finished.
"Yes, but he's wasting his potential. All that genius and he still hasn't made me a bat smoosher!" Knuckles laughed.
"Mind you, Tails might not be available for much longer. After all, he was getting pretty sweet on...Tails, what are you doing with that laser? Whoa!" Sonic exclaimed, ducking the laser shot. Tails ran up, and slapped the mobile phone out of Sonics hand with one tail and caught it in his other tail, in a technique he used to disarm robots. He then kicked Sonic out of his workshop, and locked the door with a slam.

Cream yawned once again. Her beloved chao fluttered round her head, having missed her for three whole hours. Cream knocked on her front door and waited for her mother to let her in. In order to stop Tails getting an earful if he was late, which he invariably was, Cream hadn't told her mother that she was going to see him that day. The door swung open, and Amy was standing there.
"Welcome home, Cream! Come in, I want to talk to you and Vanilla about something!" the pink hedgehog beamed.
Cream walked into her living room, where her mother was sitting down on a big, cushy armchair nursing a cup of hot tea. Cream sat down on her favorite beanbag, which was a creamy colour and had a flower print on it. Cream often sat on her beanbag just to think and reflect on life. She had even slept on it once. Amy walked in, and sat down in the spare chair.
"So, where did you and Tails go today?" Vanilla asked nonchalantly. Cream's face went up in a huge blush, giving her away. Cream was a terrible liar.
"To the cinema." Cream said, resigned to her fate. She had been caught, and she knew it.
"And let me guess, Tails was late again?" Vanilla asked expectantly.
"Please don't tell him off again, Mother. He almost said that he wouldn’t come because you told him off so badly last time." Cream pleaded.
"Okay, I won't mention it. But he really needs to place greater importance on meeting you on time."
"A-hem!" Amy's voice came almost at a shout.
"I would like to tell you about my latest and greatest plan to make that dreamboat, Sonic, go out with me." the pink hedgehog announced. Cream groaned to herself. Amy just didn't know when to quit.
"I am going to persuade Tails to put a tracker on Sonic, so I'll be able to follow him wherever he goes!" Amy said grandly.
"But, I don't think Tails will put a tracker on his best friend just so you can ask him out, Amy..."
"Aha! That is where you come in, Cream. You're going to help persuade him."
"What? Why me?" Cream asked indignantly.
"You two are good friends, so he won't say no to you." Vanilla cut in. They were all distracted then, as a knock came from the door.
"I'll get it." said Vanilla kindly.
A few moments later, she walked back in, carrying a beautiful bunch of flowers.
"They're for you, Amy. The card just says they're from a secret admirer..." she said.
"Ooo! They must be from Sonic! That coy little hedgehog!" Amy exclaimed.
I don't think so, thought Cream.

Who are the flowers from? Who are the Arridian Guild? Will Espio ever learn to take his coffee like a man?
As soon as I know, I'll tell you. I'd like it if you R&R, so I can get better at writing and tell you an even better story. Once again, that was kind of a short chapter. I'm going to try and make my chapters longer from now on. See ya!