Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence ❯ Parenting Lessons and Shopping! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:: I do not own any of the characters in this story. There. I said it. I don't own Amy, Shadow or Sonic, or Knuckles and Rouge. They are © Sonic Team.

Author's Notes:: I'm using Anja in this story, too. Except, since this is a different story taking place in a different time, she doesn't Sonic or Shadow, nor was she their baby sitter. And she has differences between the Anja used in SSS. `Kay? As for 'parenting lessons' do they actually do that in real life?

-Innocence-

by Pyro Angel

Chapter 2: Parenting Lessons and Shopping

~Next Morning~

Sonic was on the floor, sleeping on a blanket. He was drooling on his pillow, and holding another one tightly. Shadow was next to him, sleeping on a fuzzy blanket and a tiny pillow.

Amy woke up, stepping out of bed and stretching. She picked up a fuzzy pink robe with little red hearts on it, and walked into the bathroom. She splashed cool water on her face to wake herself up, then picked up her red toothbursh, brushing her teeth. A few minutes later, she went downstairs to make breakfast.

As she passed by the living room, Amy couldn't help but check up on the boys. Sonic was twitching in his sleep as Shadow was now awake, and tugging lightly on his quills. Amy chuckled to herself, walking over to detach Shadow from Sonic.

"No-no, Shadow. Sonikku's still sleepin'." Amy said, gently prying Shadow's chubby hands off of Sonic.

"Naw, I'm awake now..." Sonic mumbled sleepily.

"Meh?" Shadow looked at Amy as his little tummy growled.

Amy and Sonic looked at each other, and sweatdropped.

"Guess he's hungry..." Amy said, walking into the kitchen. "Sonic, watch him while I see if I can find a bottle around here."

"Fine..."

Shadow stared at Sonic. Sonic looked away, then looked over again. He was still staring at him. So Sonic looked away again. Then he turned his head back, still staring. Sonic then got an idea. He put the blanket over himself. Shadow crawled around, poking at the lump of blanket.

"Peek-a-boo!" Sonic surprised the baby hedgehog.

Shadow looked surprised for a second, then began laughing. "Heeheeheeheeheehee..."

Sonic repeated it over and over, Shadow laughing each time.

Amy walked in with a PINK baby bottle she found, filled with milk. She then ran off to find a camera, came back, aiming it at them. She wanted pictures of any sweet moments, and this one may be one she'd never see again.

*Snap!*

Sonic looked up after the flash went off. "Ack! I see spots!"

"Sorry, Sonikku, but that was just begging to caught on film!" Amy said as she scooped Shadow up off the floor, holding him up so he could drink the milk.

Sonic looked at her and said, "I thought you didn't know anything about parenting."

"I don't know about 'parenting', but I do know how to hold babies, make them happy, and how to feed. Just not some of those other things."

"Er, ya, I only know how to hold and play around."

"Well, we're gonna see someone to help us out this afternoon. She knows a bit about parenting. Her name's Anja Satsuki. You know her?"

"Nope."

"Oh, well, she's really nice. I bet you'll like her as a friend."

Milk dribbled onto her arm and on Shadow as he sputtered a little milk.

"Sonic, could you get me a wash cloth in that cabinet over there to clean us off?" Amy pointed to a wall cabinet on the left, not to far from Sonic. He just walked over, opening it, and saw a lot of pink, red, blue and white wash cloths. He just randomly picked one up, which happened to be pink.

"Sankyuu, Sonikku." She said, wiping her arm first, then drying off Shadow. "We better go shopping soon. I mean, Shadow can't stay in one diaper forever. Plus, he needs some cute clothes, too."

//Great...// Sonic thought. //Then, she'll go and want to go on a shopping spree and I'll end up carrying all the bags.//

"Let's eat first, then I'll get ready and we can go. Then after we're done shopping and bring all the stuff home, we can go see Anja."

~After Breakfast and So On....~

Amy was all ready, quills and hair in place, but in a different outfit. It was a nice, lavender-ish sun dress, and cute white sandals. She also had a little white hand bag.

"Okay, let's go!"

They walked down the streets together, Amy beaming brightly and Sonic hoping not to be seen by anyone. Shadow was just clutching at Sonic, hoping he wouldn't be dropped or something.

Sonic then saw Knuckles and Rouge walking their way. He was thinking //Please don't see me, please don't see me...Don't talk to me...//

"Hey, wazzup Sonic!" Knuckles yelled, seeing Sonic.

"Err....Hey Knux..."

Knuckles looked at the bundle in Sonic's arms, then looked at Amy. "Hey, uh, Sonic, did you guys have a kid?"

"No, Knuckles, NO!"

"C'mon, don't deny it!"

Rouge then went in between them. "Knuckles, I don't think he's joking. The kid doesn't look a thing like either of them. He looks more like Shadow..."

"Thank you, Rouge! Oh, yeah, and it IS Shadow." Sonic smiled.

"Hey there, Shadow, c`mere to Auntie Rouge..." Rouge said, holding her arms out towards him. Shadow looked at Amy and Sonic, as if to say, 'Izzit otay?'

Amy nodded. "Go on, Shadow."

Sonic handed Shadow to Rouge, who started baby-talking him. "Heehee, who's a cuddly widdle baby now? Shadow is! Heeheehee..." She tickled him lightly on his little tummy, Shadow giggling at the feeling of warm finger tips tickling him.

"Hey, Knux, you guys ever think about havin' kids?" Sonic asked jokingly.

Knuckles looked at him weirdly and said, "No."

"Aww, come on, Knuckles...It'd be fun!" Rouge suggestively smiled at him.

Knuckles blushed slightly, and began stuttering. Amy and Sonic laughed at him.

Amy looked at a silver watch that happened to be on her arm. "Oh, we better get going now. We have to see someone later."

"Alright. Bye-bye Shadow. Go to your 'daddy.'" Rouge giggled as she handed him back to Sonic.

"Hey, Sonic, good luck on being a good daddy to 'Widdle Shadsie!'" Knuckles called as they separated.

"Haha, very funny." Sonic called out sarcastically as they all walked away.

~Rouge and Knuckles~

"Knuckles, you think they'll be good parents to Shadow?" Rouge asked curiously.

"Lemme think..." Knuckles said. "Well, knowing Sonic....Nawwww!"

"Knuckles!" Rouge playfully slapped the scarlet echidna upside the head.

"Whhaaaat?!"

~Back to Sonic, Amy and Shadow...~

Amy walked into a store, Sonic walking in after her. Everywhere they looked, there were baby things everywhere, you name it, it was there. And so many pastel colors swireld around them...

"Let's go to the baby clothes first!" Amy said as she got a cart. She raced off to the clothes, Sonic chasing after her.

"Aww, Sonikkkkuuuuuuu, don`cha think this is ADORABLE!?!" Amy squealed as she held up a frilly pink dress.

Sonic sighed, looking down at Shadow and saying, "Err....Yeah, but I don't think Shadow'd like it." Sonic looked down to see Shadow pretending to gag at the pink dress.

"Oh yeah, that's right, we're here for Shadow who happens to be a boy..." She mumbled. She put back the dress, and they went to the BABY BOYS section, and longingly, she looked back at the frilly pink dress.

Amy carefully picked out outfits for Shadow. She held out clothing, trying to see what would look best on him as Sonic held the black and red hedgie out. Amy thought Shadow looked about 14 months old, and carefully stuck to the size best for him.

"Sonikku, don't these all look cute? You like these, ne, Shadow-chan?"

"Mwa?"

"Um...I'll take that as a yes..."

After picking clothes out for an hour, they went to the other sections, picking up some formula, a few bottles, diapers and bibs. Oh, and baby food as well. Little crackers, baby cereal, whatever....

"Wah! Nananawamaladwah!" Shadow said as he saw the little box of crackers Amy was getting. She smiled, and said, "No-no, Shadow, not until we pay for these, otay?"

Shadow pouted and squirmed around in Sonic's arms. He was hungry, dangit. He couldn't wait.

"H-hey, Shads, stop it." Sonic said. "Ames, we need to buy a stroller."

"Oh! That's what I forgot! Hold on, I'll go pick one out. Just put him in the cart for now."

Sonic sat Shadow on the little cart seat. Shadow didn't like it. It was COLD. He looked up at Sonic with sad, ruby eyes. It was too cold for him. He wanted the warmth from Sonic or Amy.

'Pick me up, pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!!' Shadow wanted to say, instead coming out with "Hwah! Gwee meh oo aiyeeee~!!"

Sonic tilted his head slightly and said, "What?"

Shadow held his arms out to signal Sonic to pick him up, and repeated, "Hwah! Gwee meh oo aiyeeee~!!"

Sonic straightened his head back up, and said, "Ohhh....You want me to pick you up?"

"Dwah!"

"Yes?"

"Meh!"

"Okay..." Sonic picked up Shadow and said, "Y`know, if I ever have to carry you for this long again, I swear my back is gonna snap in half!"

"Iio?"

"Huh?"

"Ma!" Shadow pointed out Amy, who was dragging a box behind her.

"Amy?"

"Ma!"

"Ames, you need any help?"

Amy put the stroller on the bottom of the cart. "No, that's okay. I think we've got everything, so let's go now." Amy steered the cart into a line, Sonic and Shadow waiting outside.

"Dwee!" Shadow saw a butterfly. "Ah!"

"Hmm...Butterfly?"

"Iieeeeee!"

"Okay, okay!" Sonic lifted Shadow up, Shadow almost reaching the butterfly. It flew away in the sky. Sonic saw Amy walking out, and said, "C`mon, Shads, we gotta go now."

"Sonikku...I was wondering...How are we going to get the stroller home?"

"Here. Take Shadow while I drop that off first." Sonic picked up the stroller box, and sped for Amy's house. In a matter of moments, Sonic was back. With the stroller all ready to go.

"Wow! Sonikku, you're good!" She looked at the new stroller, which was thankfully, something not pink. She placed Shadow in it, then, loaded any small bags into the compartments, Sonic taking two bags that were left over.

They got home, getting ready to see Anja. Amy changed Shadow's diaper, but struggled putting Shadow's clothes on, because he kept squirming around. Eventually, they did get out of the house.

~@ Anja Satsuki's~

*ding dong!*

Anja opened the door, revealing Amy, Sonic and little Shadow. She smiled upon seeing her friend. "Amy-chan! It's really nice to see you! And you must be the great hero of Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog! Aww, and this little cutie here must be widdle Shadow...Hello!"

Shadow just stared at the overly perky hedgehog smiling at him. She was a lilac color, and had brown hair falling into place. Her eyes were a brilliant amethyst. She seemed to be about 27, yet Amy was only about 15 and Sonic 17. [I never noted the ages, ne? It takes place a few years after what happened at ARK.] She was 12 years older than Amy, yet could be just as happy and perky? Sonic was scared. Almost.

"I'm sorry, am I overly perky today? I just had a 6-pack of Vanilla Coke [! Coca-Cola] and a packet of sugar with it."

"…" Was all Sonic could muster.

Amy Rose sweatdropped at her friend. "Er..."

"OH! That's right, you wanted help on taking care of children!"

"Moreso Sonikku than me. He says he can't change a diaper, and some other stuff. He can hold him though. That's about it."

"Alright then, Sonic. I'm going to teach you very very quickly some basics."

She used a doll to show him how to change a diaper. Sonic did it right, but he didn't realize that...

"Sonic, you put the diaper on the babies bottom, not their head!" Anja pointed out to the colbalt hedgehog.

Sonic took a look at the doll, and sure enough, he accidentally put it on it's head. "Oh, hehehe..."

Sonic learned very quickly, from not holding the baby upside-down while feeding it, to not putting the diaper on its head.

"Bye Anja, see ya later!" Amy called to her friend. "I'll call you sometime, `kay?"

"I'll to drop by sometimes to check up on Shadow, and it was nice meeting you Sonic!"

"Nice meeting you, too. Later!"

"BYE!!"

~That Night...~

Shadow was sleeping quietly on the floor, a bottle of milk beside him. Amy and Sonic sat on the couch, watching the sleeping baby.

"Amy...Do you think when he grows up he'll start to remember things?"

"You mean, all the things he did before?"

Sonic simply nodded.

"I hope not. He's gonna live a normal life now."

"Yeah.."Sonic smiled. "He's getting a second chance. I'm glad."

Amy yawned, putting a hand over her mouth.

"It's gettin' late. We better hit the hay now. Night, Ames."

"Good night, Sonikku. Sweet dreams..." Amy said as she slipped away to her room.

~~~

Loooooooooooooonnnnngggg chapter to me!