Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Hunter ❯ Songheart ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AS: I'm back after my loooong hiatus. I don't own the songs If You Still Believe or Melodies of Life.


-????? POV-

I have to help her before he gets her.

-Ariel's POV-

I was listening to the guys practice. I was slightly envious. I mean, I can play an instrument too. They never asked me if I could. Sonic knew I could sing though. He glanced at me.

"You want to sing something?" he asked. I looked up at him.

"You probably don't know the rhythm. I'll sing accapella," I told them. They nodded.

"I had a dream that I could fly
I can feel each moment as time goes by
We'd never be too far away,
You would always be here, I heard you say

I never thought
Thought that it would be our last goodbye
(our last goodbye.)
I still can dream
That one day love will fall out from the sky

Do you still remember all the time that has gone by?
(do you believe?)
Do you still believe that love can fall out from the sky?
If from where you're standing, you can see the sky above
I'll be waiting for you, if you still believe in love
(do you still believe?)

Find a way to bring back yesterday
Find a way to love
I hope we stay
When tomorrow becomes today
Love will find a way

I'll be waiting for you, in my heart you are the one
If I cannot find you, I will look up to the sun
(do you believe, do you believe?)
If from where you're standing, you can see the sky above
I'll be waiting for you, if you still believe in love

Do you believe?
Do you believe?

Do you still remember all the time that has gone by?
Do you still believe that love can fall out from the sky?
If from where you're standing, you can see the sky above
(do you believe?)
I'll be waiting for you, if you still believe in love

Do you believe?" I sang and took a deep breath. They were staring at me.

"That….was amazing," Manic said. I grinned.

"I can sing another one if you want," I said.

"Sure," Sonic said.

/Sing Melodies of Life. I love that one./ Lunaria told me.

"Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart To weave by picking up the pieces that remain Melodies of life--love's lost refrain Our paths they did cross, though I cannot say just why We met, we laughed, we held on fast, and then we said goodbye And who'll hear the echoes of stories never told? Let them ring out loud till they unfold In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me Though you're gone, I still believe that you can call out my name * A voice from the past, joining yours and mine Adding up the layers of harmony And so it goes, on and on Melodies of life, To the sky beyond the flying birds--forever and beyond So far and away, see the bird as it flies by Gliding through the shadows of the clouds up in the sky I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me? Was it fate that brought us close and now leaves me behind? * Repeat If I should leave this lonely world behind Your voice will still remember our melody Now I know we'll carry on Melodies of life Come circle round and grow deep in our hearts As long as we remember," I sang. They all stared at me.

"Man that's good," Sonia said. I grinned and froze. I felt something. Someone was using a jewel.

"What's wrong?" Sonic asked. I looked over at them.

"Someone's using a jewel. We need to move now. I have a bad feeling this is 'Buttnic's work," I said. They growled. We headed out for where I felt the jewel's power. They were in Robotropolis, which was burning hot.

"I thought we already had the fire jewel," Manic said. We all were sweating heavily. I looked over at him and smiled.

"We did. This is the sun jewel's work," I explained. They groaned. I smirked. I froze. Someone was behind us. Someone with intense power.

"You should use moon," the person said. A silver fox was standing behind us. He smiled.

"Who are you?" I asked slowly.

"My name is Nemic. Ares is the enemy, Child of Elsa," he said and bowed. He looked at me with golden eyes and disappeared into mist. I turned in the direction we were heading before. The others followed me. I felt the jewel's power and took off at a dead run. In the center of the city was 'Buttnic. He smirked when e saw me. I looked to his side and saw a golden phoenix trapped inside a sphere of lightning. I growled.

"Give me sun," I stated. He laughed. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Moon jewel, Luanaria, give me your weapon!" I chanted. A white light from the moon jewel blinded everyone. I felt the Bow of Artemis in my grasp. I glared at the poor excuse for a blimp, and took aim at the electricity shield. The phoenix, Suri Lunaria told me, had stopped struggling. I let an arrow fly. It hit the barrier and caused it to disintegrate. The phoenix turned and glared at 'Buttnic. I grinned at the sight. The phoenix became a sun-shaped topaz jewel with gold sunbeams coming off of it. 'Buttnic ran like the wind and the temperature cooled down. I felt the jewel attach itself to the necklace. The hedgehogs arrived a few moments later.

"It's cooler," Manic said. "Did you get the jewel?"

"Yeah, it's the sun jewel. It's guardian is a phoenix. I guess the elements must be the only ones that have a human form," I stated. Sonic nodded. He must have remembered Firey. "Let's go. We need to get out of here." We hurriedly left Robotropolis, but not until after I had blown up a few SawtBot warehouses with the Sun-Moon combo magic.