Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In Dreams ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

"Ugh!" Knuckles groan as he was thrown against a rocky wall. He slid down it, gasping for air; he slowly got to his feet, and glared at Chaos, gripping his now sore shoulder, "Chaos! What are you doing!?"

Chaos growled at him as he charged once more, hitting Knuckles. Knuckles blocked, but Chaos broke through the block, sending Knuckles reeling into another wall.

Tikal watched amused, "Don't kill him just yet, Chaos."

Chaos nodded to her before turning back to the echidna.

Knuckles spat up blood and wiped his lower lip. He growled as he stood up on his feet, "Tikal! Chaos! What the hell is wrong with you two?!"

Tikal smirked, "Oh nothing…but then again we aren't exactly Tikal and Chaos."

Knuckles raised an eyebrow, "If you aren't…then who are you?!"

Tikal continued to smirk, "Your worst nightmare…"

~*~*~*~

"Tails, I want to go home." Cream sniffled as she and Tails walked through the woods quietly.

Tails sighed, "I know, Cream. Don't worry, we'll find a way out of here." He said comforting her, trying to also comfort himself, `I hope…' he added silently.

Suddenly rustling was heard behind them, Tails and Cream turned around with a panic. "What was that, Tails?" Cream asked shakily.

Tails stood in front of Cream in a protective stance. "Who's there?" He asked nervously, fearing the worst.

Suddenly a figure appeared and Tails eyes lighten up, "Sonic!" He exclaimed happily as he saw the blue hedgehog.

Sonic glared at Tails and the fox took a step back, bumping into Cream. That wasn't Sonic…he seemed…different somehow…

"Tails? What's wrong?" Cream asked in concerned.

"Sonic…" He whispered to her.

Cream looked at Sonic but didn't notice any changes, "What's wrong with Mr. Sonic?"

Tails continued to stare at Sonic, "He seems…different somehow…look into his eyes…"

Sonic took a step closer to the two kids and then Cream noticed his eyes, she gasped, "They're so…lifeless…"

Tails nodded, "That's not Sonic!" He quickly grabbed Cream's hand and started running away from the blue hedgehog.

`Sonic' smirked as he watched them run. They can't outrun him. In a flash, Sonic was in front of them, catching Tails and Cream off guard. "Sonic!" Tails yelled, startled as he fell to the ground.

`Sonic' continued to smirk at the two kids as they stared at him, scared. "Boo." He said in a creepy tone. Tails quickly took off with Cream, running in the opposite direction. Sonic shrugged and ran after them, slower then he could usually run. He just wanted to have some fun.

~*~*~*~

Rouge stared at the corps in confusion, now what happens? As to answer her question, a bright light shone down on the body. Rouge took a step back in shock as she watched. Once the light faded, Rouge looked back to see nothing. She raised an eyebrow, "What?" She turned around and gasped to see the little girl staring at her with a slight smile. "Hello…?"

The girl shook her head and pointed to the stairs which led up. Rouge eyes followed up the stairs and to the shut door. `She must want me to go upstairs then…' She thought to herself. She nodded to the girl and walked up the stairs and slowly pushed the door open. What she saw shocked her. Amy was lying on the floor unmoving and Sonic and Shadow going at each other throats. "What's going on here?!" She shouted catching the two male hedgehogs' attention.

Sonic and Shadow stopped to see Rouge staring at them angrily, but what they saw standing beside her stunned them even more. Shadow took a step back in surprise. "Lu-Lucille?" He asked.

Lucille, the girl fox, stared at in father in shamed. She slowly shook her head as she walked over to Shadow.

Rouge turned to Sonic, "Why were you two fighting?"

Sonic sighed, "Some demon named Delano took over his body. He was saying something about taking his daughter from him, which is a load of crap."

Rouge thought for a moment, Delano? Was that her father? It had to be. She looked back to the ghostly child and the possessed Shadow.

"Lucille…I've missed you so much!" Delano cried.

Lucille didn't say anything as she stuck her hand out at her father; she smiled sadly as she whispered, "Je vous aime, le père. [1]" With a burst of energy, Shadow was pushed back against a wall, letting out a startled cry.

"Lucille!" He shouted, feeling the pressure on his, well, Shadow's body. A bright light flashed, covering Shadow entirely and a wind suddenly started up. Rouge and Sonic shielded their eyes as this went on.

"What is she doing?!" Sonic asked over the whirling wind.

Rouge, still shielding her eyes answered, "I don't know!"

Suddenly, the wind stopped, the light disappeared and all was quiet. Shadow fell to the ground, his eyes wide and vacant. Sonic and Rouge uncovered their eyes to see Shadow lying on the floor. "Shadow!" They exclaimed as they rushed to his side.

Shadow eyes soon returned to their normal size as he blinked a few times. He slowly got up, wincing, "Ugh…what…what happen? Why do I hurt all over?"

"Shadow! You're okay!" Sonic exclaimed happy for his friend.

Shadow slightly nodded, "Of course I am…where are the others?"

At the mention of that a second flashed appeared and three very familiar figures fell through a small opening in the ceiling. The three of them landed right on…Rouge.

"Ah!" Rouge screamed as the three of them landed on her. She growled, "Get off!"

Knuckles rubbed his head as he pushed the two children off of him. He helped them up along with Rouge, "Uh, sorry…" He apologize, he looked around, "What happen? How did I end up here?"

Tails and Cream were equally confused. Tails then spotted the small fox girl and…Amy. "Amy!" he shouted and rushed over to her.

Sonic was already by her side, kneeing down, a tear slid down his face as he held her lifeless body in his arms.

"What happen to Amy?" Cream asked as tears rolled down her face.

Shadow got up, fighting the pain as he walked over to the small hedgehog girl.

The fox girl, now known as Lucille, knelt down in front of Amy. Sonic stared at her in confusion but said nothing. She spread her hands over the pink hedgehog then closed her eyes as she begins to whisper something. Once more, a flash of light spread over the hedgehog, completely covering her body. Everyone was confused by this action but remained silent. After ten seconds, the light disappeared as Lucille stood up. She smiled at everyone before disappearing and leaving them alone with Amy. They all stayed quiet and looked at Amy expectedly.

Then suddenly, she started to breathe again and everyone watched on in shocked, but with large smiles on their faces. Amy opened her eyes and looked up to see Sonic's teary smiled face, "Sonic?"

Sonic grinned as he hugged her to him, "Amy! I thought I've lost you!"

Amy smiled, "You can't get rid of me that easily." They pulled back from the hug, "Why were you crying?"

Sonic then realized that he had tears in his eyes, "I, uh…I wasn't crying!"

The gang laughed at that. The sun then shone in from the windows, scaring away the darkness. "Wow, is it morning already?" Tails asked, looking out the window.

Rouge grinned, "Looks that way. Lets go, I want to get out of here as soon as possible." They all stood up and headed out of the house. Rouge was taking up the rear as she stopped and turned around; the little fox girl was standing a few yards away wearing a small smile. Rouge smiled back, "Thanks." She whispered.

"Rouge! Are you coming?" Knuckles asked, standing in the door looking back at her.

She turned around, "Yep." She jogged up to them, then she remembered something, "How are we going to get back if we have…three flats?"

Everyone paused at them, "Uh…" Sonic started, he turned a glazed to the van and his eyes widen, "Wow, looks like we don't have to worry about that anymore." He said with a grinned.

Everyone turned to the van to see that the flats it had were no longer there. "Weird…" Shadow said as he hopped in the driver's seat.

Sonic frowned, "Hey, why don't you let me drive? I'm sure you are exhausted!"

Shadow smirked, "Not a chance in hell." He laughed as he started the engine. Everyone got into the van.

Sonic sighed as he sat in the passenger seat next to Shadow, "This has been on heck of an adventure, don't y'all agree?" He turned around to the others as the van drove off. They all agreed.

"Yeah, let's not go to any creepy houses from now on…" Knuckles said shivering at his experience there.

Rouge laughed, "Aw, poor Knuxie."

Knuckles blushed at being called `Knuxie', "Whatever…"

And so it was over, no more haunted houses, no more ghosts, and no more possessing. The van drove off into the distance as the gang joked and laughed with each other. Now they could just enjoy their vacation with no interruptions…or so they think…Bawhahaha! *evil laughter echoes out*

~*~*~*~

FIN


~*~*~*~

[1] "Je vous aime, le père." = "I love you, father" in French.

Wow, that's it…I know, not that good, but hey, can't blame me for trying! So, What'cha think? I know, I kinda rushed though it…and it had a happy ending! Yay! I love happy endings! Ah…I'm done, and I'm glad…this story was causing me a lot of trouble, but I love it! My first multi chapter story completion! Well, `til next time, take care!