Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In Dreams ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Knuckles yawned as he opened his eyes. `What happened?' He asked himself in confusion. He quickly looked around and soon realized that he was…home, on Angel Island. `How did I end up here?' He slowly got to his feet and looked around. This was indeed Angel Island. He made his way to the Master Emerald shrine. He was relief to see it still on the shrine. But…why was he on Angel Island when he was supposed to be on the Floating Island?

He sat down on the stone steps. Where were Sonic, Rouge, and the others? Why was he here? So many thoughts ran through his head.

"Knuckles…" A light voice said from behind him.

Knuckles quickly turned around to see…Tikal and Chaos. What were they doing here? Weren't they supposed to be resting inside of the Master Emerald? "Tikal?"

Tikal smiled sweetly, "It's so nice of you to return to your home, Knuckles."

Knuckles raised an eyebrow, "What are you talking about, Tikal?"

Tikal took a few steps closer to Knuckles leaving only a small gap between the two. Knuckles backed up at the sudden closeness. What was wrong with Tikal? She never acted like this before. Tikal still had that sweet and innocent smile on her face, "What's wrong Knuckles?"

"Tikal! What's wrong with you?!" Knuckles shouted, trying to stay a safe distance from the female echidna.

"Oh, nothing Knuckles." She reached out a hand to touch the Knuckles cheek. A strange electric shoot went through his veins as she slowly close the gap between them. Knuckles eyes widen as Tikal placed her lips on his.

He was shock, couldn't moved. He wanted to push her off, but his arms wouldn't budge. He slowly closed his eyes as she kissed him. Ever so suddenly, a picture of a white bat flashed through his mind, which confused Knuckles even more. `Rouge?' He quickly snapped open his eyes and pushed Tikal from him, knocking her to the ground. He whipped his month. "Tikal! What the hell is your problem?!"

Tikal looked at Knuckles from her spot on the ground, "Knuckles…I only…wanted to kiss you."

Knuckles crossed his arms, "Why?"

"Because…I love you." She said, slowly turning away.

Knuckles was shock. What in the world? Tikal…loved him? This was preposterous! What if this wasn't real? What if it was? What was he going to do? So many crazy thoughts ran though his mind. But what he failed to notice was the look in Tikal eyes and the forming storm clouds that circle above the island.

Tikal stood up, moving to Knuckles again, "Knuckles…don't you love me, too?"

Knuckles snapped from his thoughts at the question. He knew he didn't love her. He also knew he didn't want to hurt her. What was he going to tell her?

Tikal eyes flashed a bright white color as she moved closer to the red echidna, "It's because if `her', isn't it?"

"What? Who?" Knuckles asked, confused, moving backwards from the female echidna.

Tikal growled, "Don't play dumb with me; you know who I am talking about. That white bat!"

"Rouge?" Knuckles said, since Rouge was the only white bat he knew.

Tikal smirked, "So that's her name…"

Knuckles was more confused then ever, "What about her?"

The clouds above started to circle around faster and that was when Knuckles took notice of them. Tikal continued to smirk evilly, "If I can't have you, no one can. Chaos! Attack!"

Knuckles stood there shock, and that was when he realized that she wasn't Tikal. Not the Tikal he knew. Chaos transformed into his full form as he approached the echidna.

"How can Chaos transformed without the using Chaos Emeralds?!" Knuckles shouted as the liquid creature advanced on to him.

Tikal smirked, "Say good night, echidna."

~*~*~*~

Tails was running. He was running as fast as he could with the help of his tails. He couldn't let them catch him. Who knows what they would do if they did? He was growing tired as his tails begin to slow down. He then entered an open meadow, which wasn't exactly a good idea considering that they could easily spot him. Tails glanced behind him and saw no one in sight. He sighed in relief as he came to a stop. "Phew, I think I lost them." He was about to take a rest when he noticed something not to far from where he was. Two figures were on top of a small hill, one towering over the other. Tails squinted his eyes to get a better look, soon realizing who they were. He jumped up in excitement and run to them, "Cream!"

~*~*~*~

Tears rolled down Cream's face as her so called mother towered above her, `Vanilla' laughed, "Are you ready for your punishment, Cream dear?"

Cream crawled away from her mother only to be grabbed by her eyes, "Mommy! Stop! I'm sorry!" She cried.

Suddenly they heard a voice, "Cream!"

Cheese flew over to see Tails running to them, "Chao!"

Tails stopped in front of them panting, placing his hands on his knees, "Wow, I thought I never…" His voice trailed off as he saw what Cream mother was doing, "Cream! Ms. Rabbit, what are you doing?!"

Vanilla turned cold dark eyes on the fox boy and Tails took a step back. He glanced at Cream to see tears rolling down her face. "Tails!" She cried out to him.

Tails looked from Cream to Vanilla who still had Cream by the ears, "Please, release Cream! You're her mother! You shouldn't be doing that to your child!"

The older rabbit laughed again, "Silly kitsune. I'm not her mother."

Tails raised an eyebrow, "Then who are you?"

She smirked, "A figment of your imagination." She dropped Cream and disappeared.

Tails quickly ran over to Cream's side, "Cream! Are you okay?" He asked helping her up.

Cream nodded, "I think so…thanks Tails."

Tails smiled down at the girl, "No problem, but that was weird. Why would she disappear just like that? And what did she mean by `a figment of my imagination'?" Tails asked trying to think of any reasons.

Cream looked to the ground as Cheese flew up to her. She hugged the chao, then turned back to Tails, "I don't know, Tails…what's going on here?"

Tails sighed, not knowing the answer himself, "I don't know…maybe we could find Sonic. C'mon." He walked away with Cream following behind him.

~*~*~*~

Rouge silently watched as the men left the basement and headed upstairs, she watched each one of them leave, then one of the men caught her eye. He was a hedgehog. Not only that, but he was blue. She gasped as she realized that that blue hedgehog looked almost exactly like Sonic, all except for his red eyes.

The men marched up the stairs into the living room where they were greeted by a very angry looking blue fox. He growled at them as his eyes shone on them, "Where is my daughter?"

The men quickly spread away from him, knowing what he was capable of doing to them. The fox grew angrier by their actions and raised his right hand forming a beam of light. A small lightning bolt formed in the palm of his hand (who does he think he is? Zeus?). He shot the lightning bolt at one of the men heading to the door. It hit its target and the men fell to the ground being electrocuted.

Rouge watched on as the fox continue his assault, demanding for his daughter. She noticed that the blue hedgehog made it outside in the night, but not before the fox also noticed him. He quickly ran after him, shooting a bolt at him. It missed, causing the hedgehog to fall to the ground. He hurriedly got to his feet and turned around to see the fox standing a foot away from him, ready for the final kill. In his panic, the hedgehog looked around for something…anything. He then spotted a large rock a few inches from him. He made a mad dash to it and threw it at the fox's head, knocking him hard to the ground. Using the distraction, the hedgehog ran as fast as he could to get away. Rouge was amazed at how fast he could run…almost as fast as Sonic himself!

The fox slowly got to his feet, growling, "I'll get you…even if it's the last thing I do!" He crackled, "You won't get away with taking my daughter from me!"

Rouge then was beginning to feel slightly dizzy and she fell to the ground, rubbing her eyes. Everything was beginning to blur in front of her and before she knew it, she was out cold.

~*~*~*~

Sonic and the possess Shadow glared each other down. Sonic was growing impatient, "I'm not going to ask again. Bring my friends back, now."

Shadow laughed, "You think I will just hand them over? Never, they will soon join your little pink friend there." He nodded towards the figure which lay behind Sonic.

Sonic eyes sadly glazed at Amy's lifeless body, willing the tears to stay back. He turned back to Shadow. He didn't want to hurt Shadow, but how was he going to get rid of that spirit inside of him? How can he kill something that is already dead? "Once I find a way, I'm going to destroy you. You're not going to get away with what you did to Amy!"

Shadow smirked, "I like to beg to differ, I already had."

"We'll see about that." With that said, Sonic charged full force at Shadow.

"Now I can once and for all get my revenge!" Shadow charged at Sonic.

~*~*~*~

Rouge once again opened her eyes to find herself back in the basement. "Ugh…my head…" She rubbed her head and slowly got to her feet. "What was that all about?" She looked around the room and noticed the seal in the wall with the faded x on it. "So…that wasn't a dream?"

She walked over to the wall and ran her hand over it. "I wonder…" She gently pushed through a small crack and it crumble slightly. Rouge raised an eyebrow and quickly pushed the old crumble wall out. She shrugged, "I mean; it is a hundred years old…" Once the wall was totally torn down, what she saw shocked her and disgusted.

…The corps of the six year old fox girl.

~*~*~*~

O.O I can't believe I wrote that thing about Knuckles and Tikal…*bangs head on wall*