Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In Dreams ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

Rouge watched in horror as they pulled the dead body of the girl out of the room. They left a sickening red trail mark as they pulled her out. Rouge silently followed them down the flight of stairs and to the basement door. `Why are they going to the basement?' She asked herself in confusion.

One of the men slowly opened the door and reached for a light switch, after finding it, he turned it on. They marched down the wooden stairs on to the concrete ground. Rouge was confused on why they would bring the body down here. They knocked out a wall and soon Rouge knew what they were going to do.

Unexpectedly, the girl's eyes snapped open. Rouge, startled, took a step back. The men didn't notice as the child stood up, dried blood matted on the side of her fur covered face. She glared at them, her eyes turning a terrifying red color, flashing from red to white. A bright aurora surrounded her, and that was when the men notice.

"La ragazza!" One shouted in Italian, pointing to the child.

Another backed up against the wall, "Veloce! Prebderla!"

Rouge was confused at what they were saying. She didn't know Italian very well, though she knew some.

The girl continued to glare as lightning flashed inside the room, striking a few nearby objects. The wind picked up strongly, shoving the men back. "J'appelle le pouvoir avec dans moi envoyer ces hommes aux fosses ardentes d'enfer!" She shouted, this time in a different language, French. Her arms were outstretched at three of the men, and then they burst into flames.

"Ah! Ucciderla! Ucciderla!" One of the men shouted in agony as he ran around, the fiery flames whipping through his flesh.

Rouge turned her head away at the scene. When she turned her head back, she was surprise to see one of the men…explode as the flames erupted. Rouge gasped at the sight.

The other men watched, horrified, as three of their comrades died an overly painful death.

One man turned to the girl, anger arising inside his chest, "La ragazza! Prenderla! Voglio I suoi morti! Adesso!"

One of the men snuck up behind the girl and quickly bashed her on the bed, knocking her unconscious. She fell to the ground unmoving. "Lancia, velocemente lei nel muro!"

Another man grabbed the child by her tail and threw her into the wall they knocked out. They quickly sealed it up and the leader, Rouge supposed, stop forward as he placed an x on the wall with a staff that she failed to notice until now. He pulled out a small black book and quickly flipped to a page. (This is translated) "I conjure the spirit within thee, to release itself and let her be! I steal her for thousands a years, in the room of darkness and despairs! Let the light shine through to her, protect this child from evil! Protect this child from the devil! Seal her forever, shall she remain! Not let her lose, in the darkness of rain! Let her sleep! Let her sleep! Let her sleep!" Lightning crackled loudly around the room as a dark cloud appeared around the sealed up wall.

Suddenly, a scream was heard behind the wall, and scratching. "Papa! Papa! M'épargner, s'il vous plaît! Papa!"

Rouge was shocked, they were sealing her alive! The scratching and screaming continued for a moment than all was silent.

~*~*~*~

"Shadow? What's wrong with you?" Sonic asked as he moved to his friend.

Shadow eyes glared at the blue hedgehog, "It was you! You took my baby from me!"

Sonic took a step back at the sudden outburst, "What are you talking about?!"

Amy slowly stood up and rushed over to Knuckles since he was closer than Sonic. "Knuckles, what's going on? What's wrong with Shadow?"

Knuckles shook the dust from his body as he stood up, "I don't know. Sonic?"

Sonic stared at Shadow in confusion, "Shadow?" He asked, slightly taking a step towards the black hedgehog.

Shadow continued to glare at him, "I am not your precious `Shadow'. I am Delano Sumner! Owner of this manor! Sumner Manor."

"But how are you able to take Shadow's body?" Amy asked from where she stood next to Knuckles.

He growled, "Because, pink one, I can possess anyone's mind. I am, after all, a spirit."

Amy eyes widen, "You're a ghost?! They do exist, Sonic!"

Sonic ignored her as he stared at `Shadow'. "Why do you want to possess Shadow's mind?"

"Enough!" He roared, "I shall get my revenge, you blue rodent! I won't let you get away with taking my daughter from me!"

"But I didn't take your daughter! I don't even know who you are!" Sonic yelled in defense. He had no idea what this crazy possessor was talking about!

"Lies!" He roared, and once again a strong wind filled the room, "I shall perish you all!" He aimed a finger at Sonic and Amy gasped.

"Sonic!!" She yelled, running to him.

Knuckles tried to catch her, but he missed. "Amy!"

Sonic watched in terror as a beam of light shoot from Shadow's finger and at him. He tried running, but found he couldn't move from his spot, "What the?" He stared up as the beam of light came closer, `So…this is it…?' He thought ironically. He closed his eyes, awaiting for the pain to erupt…and waited…but there was no pain…nothing…He crack open his eyes and to his horror Amy Rose was standing in front of him, arms spread out in a protecting way. "Amy!"

She fell back into his arms, covered in blood. She painfully smiled up at her blue hero, "Sonic…" Her voice came out as a whisper, barely audible.

Sonic fell to his knees, still holding the girl. "Amy! Why? Why did you do it?" Sonic asked, turning her around in his arms so that she was facing him.

She still smiled at him, "Silly Sonic…I did it…because…I…love you…" She whispered to him, slowly closing her eyes.

Tears filled the blue hedgehog's eyes, much to his surprise, "Amy…" He was at a loss for words, "Amy, don't go…please. I need you. I…I love you." He whispered into her shoulder, tears freely running down his face. Amy was no longer breathing now. Sonic lifted his head up and stared into her lifeless face, "Amy!" His yelled echoed throughout the manor.

Knuckles looked on sadden by the lost of his friend; he turned to glare at Shadow. "Why the hell did you do that?!"

Shadow, not caring, glared as Sonic held the pink hedgehog in his arms, "I can do what I damn well please. He took my baby, I took his!"

Knuckles glared, "Sonic has nothing to do with the lost of your damn child! Leave us alone!"

"I can't do that, echidna. You see, you are now on my property."

Knuckles growled again, "Where are the others?"

Shadow shrugged, "What others?"

"You know who I'm talking about! Where are Rouge, Tails, and Cream?!"

Shadow chuckled, "The kitsune and rabbit are, as I said before, asleep. I won't say peacefully, though."

"What have you done to them and what about Rouge?!" Knuckles yelled frustrated with this…this…he doesn't even know WHAT he was.

Shadow thought for a moment, "I do not know about this…Rouge…character…is she a threat, too?"

Knuckles only snarled, "What do you mean by threat?"

"What I mean is that, she will die. Along with the rest of you!"

Sonic slowly stood up, gently putting the body of Amy rose down on the floor. He glared at Shadow, a new determination set in his eyes. His hands were balled into tight fists. "You're pay." He said; his voice calm, dark, and cold.

Shadow, otherwise known as Delano (I'll just call him Shadow…), laughed, "Oh? And how will you do that?"

Sonic eyes didn't waver one bit as he continued his glared, "Where are my friends." It was more of a demand than a question.

Shadow sighed, "I've told you, blue rodent, they're asleep. And you shall be joining them soon!"

Knuckles watched on as the two hedgehogs look fiercely at one another, not knowing what to do.

Shadow's hand pointed outwards to Sonic. A slight light surrounded his hand as an evil smirked displayed on his cold face.

Knuckles eyes somewhat widen, "Sonic!" Before he could do anything, Shadow's hand quickly snapped at Knuckles, shooting a beam of light at him. After a few minutes, Knuckles fell to the ground, asleep, than his body just…disappeared.

Sonic eyes went from where Knuckles was, to Shadow, "What did you do with Knuckles?"

Shadow laughed, "He's with your friends. Now, we have no distractions, hedgehog."

~*~*~*~