Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In Dreams ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Rouge curiously made her way to the manor in the dark night. What was going on here? Why was she even here to begin with? This made no sense. She stopped in front of the door, giving a sideways glanced to the ghostly girl. She only stared straight ahead, pointing to the door. Rouge took the hint and slowly opened it only to see a maid, shot. Blood poured around her. Rouge gasped. She quickly stepped over the body and walked up the stairs.

The men were shouting as they pushed through a door. Rouge followed behind them silently. They couldn't see her. She was thankful for that. She gasped as she saw them attacking the girl in her bed.

She cried, "Papa! Papa!" Tears rolling down her face as the men attack.

Rouge was horrified, why would they attack a six year old child?! She wanted to help, but knew she couldn't.

Wind quickly spun around the room, knocking some of the men down. The child's eyes glowed a bright red, pushing some of the men back as well. Her eyes then snapped to Rouge's. Rouge stumble back a little. "How…?" Before she could finish, a shot rang through the room. Rouge looked back at the child to see her…dead. Her lifeless eyes stared up at the ceiling.

The men were whispering among themselves and she could barely make out what they were saying. She stared at the lifeless body of the child, not knowing what to do. So, that was how she…died…

~*~*~*~*~

Knuckles, Sonic, and Amy gradually made their way down the creaky stairs. "The basement is the scariest part in a house…" Amy whispered, staying as close as she can to Sonic.

Knuckles ignored her, "Rouge?" He called out, but got no reply. He reached the end of the stairs and looked around the dusty basement. He flashed his light up to the ceiling to see the hole Rouge fell though and trailed the light down to the spot she was supposed to be in. "She's not here!"

"Where could she be?" Amy asked, also not seeing the bat.

Sonic shrugged, "Maybe she left?"

"But where would she go?"

"Maybe a jewelry store?" Sonic smirked.

"Sonic!" Amy giggled, playfully smacking Sonic on the arm.

Knuckles rolled his eyes. Why was he stuck with them? He sighed. "It doesn't look like she's down here…" He said, looking around a little more, stepping over some turned over boxes.

"Ahhh!" Amy screamed, jumping on Sonic.

"What?!" Sonic asked, holding the girl.

Amy stuttered, pointing to a cornered, "A…a rat!" She shuddered.

"Women…" Sonic sighed, slowly releasing Amy, but she wouldn't let go. "Amy…let go…"

Amy shook her head, "No…I'm scared, and I want to stay as close as I can to my blue hero."

Knuckles slightly chuckled, they were a funny pair.

~*~*~*~*~

Cream was in a small meadow surrounded by all types of beautiful flowers from roses to daffodils from conations to tulips. She glanced around, it was all so beautiful, but how did she end up here? Last she remembered was…"Tails?" She was slightly frightened when no one answered.

"Chao?" A small voice came from behind her.

Cream turned around to see Cheese hovering behind her, "Oh, Cheese!" She quickly grabbed the chao and hugged it close to her. "Where are the others?"

Cheese curiously tilted his head to glance over Cream's shoulder. "Chao!" He said in excitement.

Cream looked at Cheese than turned around to see…"Mommy!" Cream shouted, joy overflowing her. She ran to the elder rabbit, only to have her knock Cream down. "…Mommy…?" She whimpered, clouds forming in the darkening sky. "Mommy? What's wrong?"

"You've been a very bad girl, Cream." She said in a monotonous voice.

Tears rolled down her face as her mother stared at her with cold eyes, "I'm sorry! I…I didn't mean to! Mommy!" She cried, her joy leaving her in an instant.

Vanilla (I think that's her name) glared down at the small rabbit, "Do you know what I do to bad girls, Cream?"

Cream sniffled as Cheese tried to confront her. She looked at her `mother', "Wh-what?" She asked shakily.

Vanilla smirked as her voice dropped, "I punish them."

Cream eyes widen in terror as her `mother' advanced onto her.

~*~*~*~

"Ugh…where…where am I?" Tails asked, rubbing his aching head. He was no longer in the room with the possess Shadow, but in a…forest, it looked it. The trees towered high above the small kitsune. He was alone in this forest…or so he thought.

He sighed as he sat down on a stomp in the center of the small clearing surrounded by dozens of trees. "Where is everybody?" He asked more to himself then anyone else since no one else was around. His ears twitched a little when he heard rustling in the trees and bushes. He slightly turned around to see a few older kids walking towards him.

"There the freak is!" One of them said, a purple hedgehog.

Tails shot up as they came towards him. "What?!" He backed up from them.

"You can't run forever, little Miles." Another one said, he was a raccoon.

"How? This happened a long time ago! Leave me alone!" Tails shouted as he continued to back up and trip over a root that stuck up out of the ground.

One of the boys snickered, "What's wrong, little kitsune. Scared?"

Tails quickly stood up, "Stop it! Leave me alone!"

"I don't think that's possible." One remarked. They marched towards him.

Tails ran.

~*~*~*~

Delano glared at the mirror. He didn't like being in this body, being inside this black and red hedgehog. But he had no choice, if he wanted to be reunited with his daughter again…he will have to do. He crackled lightly. First, he needed to get rid of the intruders…and he intended on doing so.

~*~*~*~

Amy sighed, "Knuckles, she isn't down here. I don't see her anywhere!" She said after they searched the entire basement.

"Yeah, maybe she went upstairs?" Sonic suggested.

Amy shuddered, "Or maybe we should go home! We should go meet Shadow, Tails, and Cream now."

Knuckles shrugged, "Fine." They all headed up the stairs to the main room to be greeted by Shadow.

"Shadow!" Amy shouted, glad to see him, "Where's Tails and Cream?"

Shadow turned to them, and Sonic instantly noticed his eyes, so cold and…dead. "Hello friends. Tails and Cream are, well, sleeping."

Amy raised an eyebrow, "How can they sleep in an eerie place like this?"

Shadow smirked, "Like this." He said in a raspy voice, sanding a freezing chill down their spines, holding up a hand.

Knuckles raised an eyebrow, "What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, Shadow, you're alright?" Sonic asked in concern for his friend.

Shadow closed his eyes half way as his smirked turn cruel, "I will be soon…"

"What…" Knuckles begin before a sudden powerful wind knocked the three of them down. Knuckles was sent into a couch, sending dust flying everywhere. Amy was pushed to the floor, landing on her arm, twisting it slightly. Sonic went crashing through a wall.

"Ugh! Shadow!" Sonic yelled, pushing himself up from the hole in the wall. "What…what happen to you…?"

Shadow kept that cruel smirked on his face as he glared down at Sonic, "Nothing, blue hedgehog. Nothing at all."

~*~*~*~*~

Anyone in suspense yet? No? Darn…*snaps fingers and kicks dirt*