Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Happy Ending ❯ Payback! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Me: Hiya, I finally finished the fifth (and probably final) chapter of My Happy Ending! Yaaay!
Knux: 'Bout time, I wanna see what happens.
Sonic: I don't care since I'm not in it!
Me: (ignores Sonic) Okay Knux give the disclaimer so they can read on a see what happens!
Knux: As always she doesn't own anybod except for Tani. We are property of Sonic Team and Sega.
Me: Enjoy!
Chapter 5- Payback!
That Monday, Tani was walking through the halls, wile people were making fun of her and some of the guys were whistling at her. She found Knux at his locker. She walked over to him. "Hey."
"Hey," he said.
"At least you're not whistling at me."
"I. uh have a little bad news for ya."
"What is it?" she asked.
He showed her the school newpaper. There ws a picture of her from the little "accident" Saturday night, it was censored, of course. The title read, 'New Girl Revealed to Whole School!'
"I'm on the front page!" She looked around and she saw other kids looking at the newspaper.
Knuckles walked with her to lunch that afternoon, they sat down with the Chaotix. Everywhere they looked, they saw other kids staring at Tani.
"Don't worry about them?" Knuckles said to her.
"So what are ya gonna do about that troublemaker?" Vector asked the two echidnas.
"Yeah, what if she's got something else up her sleeve?" said Espio.
A smirk appeared on Knuckles' face. "I have an idea." He told them the idea. "...all I need is a bookbag that looks identical to Rainy's and some frogs. And meet me by my locker tomorrow morning.
--The next morning--
Tani and the Chaotix met Knuckles at his locker, Tani with the bag and The Chaotix with the frogs.
"Okay, Tani, give me the bag ." Knuckles said. Tani gave him the bag. " You wait here for a few minutes while we go to the boys' bathroom and put these guys the frogs in the bag." The boys left for the bathroom. They returned minutes later with a bag full of frogs. "okay, let's get this started." He looked at Tani. "Okay, Tani do see the corner to that hallway over there?" He pointed to it.
"Yeah."
"Okay, that locker at the very end right before you reach the corner is Rainy's locker. I want you to hide around that corner where she can't see you. And when she's not looking, switch the bags."
"Got it!" she said.
Knuckles turned around and scanned the area for Rainy. "There she is!" They all saw her coming in the school entrance, taling with her posse. "Okay, Tani, go!"
Tani hurried over to the cornerand his behind it, wiht the bag full of frogs. Then, here comes Rainy, walking past Knuckles and the Chaotix on her way to her locker.
"Man, this is gonna get good!" said Vector anxiously once she was out of ear shot.
When Rainy, got to her locker, she set her bag down on the floor and opened her locker, of course she was too busy talking to her friends to noitce that Tani switched to bags. The boys were watching from several lockers back, anxious to see her response. Finally, the purple echidna bent down to open 'her' bookbag, when frogs came hopping out of 'her' bag, some of them jumped on her. She screamed loud. Everybody started laughing, including Tani, Knuckles, and Chaotix. She ran off. Tani walked back over to the boys with Rainy's bag. They saw rainy run by and they noticed she was crying, she ran into the girls' bathroom. The three of them stopped laughing.
"All of a sudden I don't feel so good," said Tani.
"Same here. I think that prank was a bad idea," said Knuckles.
"I'll go talk to her," she said as she followed Rainy into the girls' bathroom, taking the bookbag with her. "Rainy?"
"Go away!" Raniy sobbed. "I know it was you!"
"Look, Knuckles and I wanna apologize for pulling that prank on you."
She came out of the stall. "You do? But why are you apologizing to me? I'm the mean girl remember?"
"Because I'm a nice person and I didn't wanna stoop to your level." Tani replied as she gave Rainy her bag back. "Now you no how I felt when you did those things to me. Why are you so mean anyway?"
"Isn't it obvious?"
"It's because of Knuckles, isn't it?"
Rainy nodded. "You get to hang out with him and I don't. I mean it's obvious he likes you."
"And do you no why?"
"..."
"You can't force someone like you. But, it would be a whole lot easier to get people like you if you'd be nicer to them. Maybe you'd make more friends. You can even be ours if you want, even Knux."
"Really?"
"So...what'd you say? You wanna be friends?"
"Okay," Rainy smiled. " Sorry for what I did?"
"It's okay. C'mon, let's go see the guys." They left the girl's bathroom and walked over to Knuckles and the Chaotix. "Hi, guys."
"Hey!" The boys said in unison.
"We've talked, and she's decided to give up the mean girl act, and she's gonna be friends with us, now."
"Finally decided to turn over a new leaf, huh?" said Knuckles awith a smile. "Glad to hear that. Welcome to the club!"
Rainy beamed with joy. The lunch bell rang.
"C'mon let's go to lunch together!" Tani said as they all headed off to lunch to hang out.
The End.
Me: So what did ya think. Didn't expect that to happen, did ya?
Knux: I liked the prank that 'I' came up with. Heh heh.
Sonic: It was okay, I guess.
Knux: You suck, big time!
Sonic: Hey!
Knux: Heh, heh!
Me: Plz review and thanx for reading.