Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Operation Jealously ❯ Mission 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Operation Jealously
Mission 3: Finding Amy
 
 
 
-Somewhere in Lost Jungle-
 
Team Dark, plus Amy, were searching for this clearing that Shadow just had so see. “Amy are you - - OW!” Rouge yelled as she was scratched by a tree branch, “are you sure this is the right - - @#$%ing ow! Damn @#$%ing plants! I oughta just cut every @#$%ing...”
“I never knew Rouge knew all those bad words....” Amy said.
“You have no idea.” Shadow said.
 
Eventually they found the clearing near the hot spring, Shadow was in awe. He never saw anything more beautiful in his life, except Amy and Maria. Shadow decided to rest under a tree while Amy ran off to do something. Before he had the chance to fully relax Amy ran up to him with multi colored roses. “Shadow-kun look what I found! Roses!” Shadow observed the roses, mostly pink, but there was also red, yellow, and.... blue? He never saw blue ones before. “Here Shadow-kun, you can have this one,” she said smiling and handed him one of the red roses, “It matches your red streaks.”
 
Shadow felt himself blushing again, he never blushed in his life so what was this Amy Rose doing to make him act this way? Her kindness reminded him so much of her... Maria. Her kindness, her love... why was she taken away from him? “Hello? Earth to Shaddie, do you read!?” Rouge said knocking on Shadow's head. “Huh?” Shadow said coming back to reality. “I thought we lost you for a minute there. Come on we're leaving.”
 
“Iie! Not again!” Amy exclaimed crying anime-style. While they were walking Rouge was teaching Amy how to make necklaces out of the roses, but they kept breaking on her. “Amy, you need to be gentle with the flowers and make sure the stems are tight, but not too tight.” Rouge said sweat-dropping. Eventually Amy got it right, but it wasn't big enough for a necklace so she used it as a tiara and put it on her head. She made one for Shadow and Omega too. Omega, not knowing what it was, `attacked and destroyed' it.
 
Over the days Amy and Shadow grew closer, a lot closer. Rouge noticed it more than Amy and Shadow. Shadow thought being lost in the jungle and being with Amy would never end until one day....
 
Team Dark went to see if there was anyway out of the jungle. That's when Shadow saw him, that annoying blue hedgehog known as Sonic. “Well, well, well what do we have here?” Rouge asked. “Sonic-kun look!” Tails said pointing. “So we finally found you,” Sonic said, “Where's Amy?”
Shadow smirked, “That's none of your - -”
“SHADOW-KUN!!!!” A familiar voice said from above. Everyone looked up to see Amy standing in the branches of a very tall tree. Then she jumped off, everyone gasped. “You idiot!” Shadow exclaimed and caught her in his arms, “What was that all about?” he asked setting her down. Amy giggled, “I knew you'd catch me.”
“You knew I catch you? You're not luggage Amy.”
 
Sonic was pissed off again. Was she actually laughing!? “Amy!” he shouted. Amy spun around, “Sonic-kun! Hi!”
“Amy-san, I'm so glad you're ok!” Cream said. “What you think we wouldn't take care of her?!” Rouge asked insulted. “Amy knock it off and come on! We gotta keep moving so we can get Eggman! We wasted enough time looking for you!” Sonic yelled. It was Amy's turn to be mad. After all this time they were separated he wasn't worried about her? All he cared about was hurrying and finding her so they could find Eggman. Tears formed in her eyes, “So that's it? All you wanted to do was find me so you could keep going? Am I.... am I that much of a burden to you?!” she asked now fully crying. Before Sonic could reply Amy ran off.
 
“Dammit!” Sonic swore to himself. “Why am I always doing this?! Why can't I tell her how I really feel?” Sonic thought. Shadow, on the other hand, was upset. “She doesn't deserve him.” He thought. “She doesn't deserve someone who doesn't show their true feelings.” With that thought in mind, and fully of blind anger, Shadow tackled Sonic and started beating the crap out of him. “Shadow, what are you doing!?” Rouge cried. Eventually Knuckles and Tails managed to pulls Shadow off of Sonic. Amy had came back, unnoticed, just in time to hear what Shadow had to say. “What the hell's wrong with you Shadow!?” Sonic yelled. “SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU!” Shadow yelled at the top of his lungs, “She deserves someone who can actually show their true feelings!”
“Why do you care!?”
“Because, unlike you, I actually CARE about Amy!”
 
Everyone was silent and surprised, except Rouge of course. Amy was surprised more then anybody. Was he telling the truth? Did he actually care about her?