Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Operation Jealously ❯ Mission 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Operation Jealousy
Mission 2: Interaction
 
 
“Shadow-san!” Amy called out but, got no reply. “What if something happened to him?!” she thought. She tried calling out to him again, “SHADOW - -”
WHAT!?”
“Shadow-san!? Where are you?”
“Up here.”
 
Amy looked above here to see the black hedgehog in a tree gathering what looked to be fruit. “What are you doing here anyway?” he asked. “Omega said you were getting firewood, so I decided to see if you needed help!” Amy answered. “Haven't you done enough for one day?” Amy thought about that for a minute that was the same thing Rouge told her, “Nope!” she answered cheerfully, “I want to help you. You know, for putting you through so much. You know Shadow-san, no one every let me hang with them after putting them through hell.”
“I can see why.” Shadow thought. “Anyway can I help?” Amy asked already beginning to climb up the tree. “Fine as long as you don't `accidentally' knock me out of the tree.”
Amy laughed, “You're funny Shadow-san!”
 
They worked in eerie silence after that comment for a long time until... “You know what Shadow-san? I think Sonic's wrong about you! I think there's some good in you. I think we can be friends.” Amy told him. “Why do you say that?” Shadow asked a little uneasy. “You let me stay with you and your team, ne? And if you really were evil you would have kidnapped me and taken me somewhere far away, ne? I think that you need to open up more Shadow-san. You're always so cold and uncaring. With no emotion whatsoever. Demo, I'm sure after we get closer I'll learn more about you.” She smiled to herself. “`Get closer?'” Shadow though, “What was this girl crazy? And why is she smiling?”
“Rose-san... why do you like Sonic?”
 
Amy's smile disappeared, “You know, I don't know why anymore. He always ignores me and tells he doesn't like me let alone love.”
“Then why do you always chase after him?”
“I think he's playing hard to get.”
“Do you honestly believe that?”
“Why are you asking me this Shadow-san?”
“You said you wanted to be friends right? To make that happen I need to know more about you right?” Shadow smiled at her. Amy's heart must have skipped a beat because she's never seen him actually smile. It was always smirks and grins with him. If it was a smile it was one that had `I'm-gonna-kick-your-ass-100x' written all over it. Amy's smile returned to her face, “You're right Shadow....-kun.”
 
-Lost Jungle-
 
“This... is... some... bull shi - -”
“Sonic-kun!” Tails shouted, “There are children among us!” he pointed to Cream, “And why are you out in the rain?”
“I'm going to go find Amy and Shadow. And when I do I'm going to rip the robotic freak to pieces!” Sonic answered with determination. “But didn't you say that they could kick rocks?” Knuckles asked. The blue hedgehog didn't answer and ran deeper into the forest. “Sonic-kun has a split personality.” Tails pointed out. “You just figured this out NOW Tails?!” Knuckles said shocked.
 
-The Cave-
 
“We're back!” Amy announced to Rouge and Omega. “I see that dear.” Rouge said flatly, “Where were you guys? I thought you died out there!”
“Aww was Rougie Wougie worried about little ol' me?” Amy asked as if she was talking to a baby. “Oh Rouge is not amused.” Rouge said annoyed.
 
Later that night all were asleep, but Shadow. How could he with a ton of things on his mind? Like how the hell were they going to get out of here alive? Where was Eggman? Where was that annoying little blue hedgehog that looked like him known as Sonic? And why was Rouge using Omega as a pillow?! And most importantly why couldn't he stop thinking about Amy? Every time he stopped thinking he thought about that pink hedgehog. Why was she being so nice to him and even offering to befriend him? These questions weren't going to be answered with him just sitting there so he decided to wake her up. “Amy-san.” He whispered to her but, got no reply. So, he said her name a little louder, but still no reply. “This girl sleeps like she's dead!” Shadow thought.
 
As if reading his mind Amy slowly opened her eyes to see a dark figure with crimson red eyes staring at her. “AHHHHH!!!!!!!” she screamed and slapped whatever it was away from her. From the light of the fire Amy could see a very shocked Shadow staring at her like she was crazy holding his cheek where he was slapped. “Shadow-kun what happened to you?” Amy asked. Shadow pointed to the slap mark. “Did I do that? Sorry! I thought you were a scary monster or something.” Shadow was still in shock, he couldn't believe Amy slapped him! Not to mention how much it stung. “Damn,” Amy thought, “Ever since I've been with him all I've been doing is injuring Shadow-kun or making him mad...” Tears began to form in her eyes; she buried her face in her hands and cried. Hearing her soft whimpers Shadow immediately rushed over to her. “What's wrong?” he asked trying to make his voice sound as soft as possible. Amy didn't answer, and then Shadow figured it out, “I'm ok Amy it didn't hurt... that much... see?” Shadow said and touched his cheek, “Ow!”
 
Amy giggled, “Thanks Shadow-kun.” She said whipping her tears away. “Oi, would you two shut up?!” Rouge said in a sleepy voice, “A girl needs her beauty sleep!”
“Sorry Rouge.” Shadow and Amy said.
 
The next morning Rouge and Amy went to a spring that Rouge found last night leaving Shadow alone in the cave with the robot.
 
“Ahhh this feels good!” Amy said relaxing in the warm water, “I didn't think I'd get a chance to bathe.”
“Amy, you didn't bring any extra clothes?” Rouge asked and Amy shook her head, “AMY!”
“I didn't occur to me! I didn't think Sonic would get so mad he'd push Shadow-kun off and we'd end up here.”
“Amy... I think you should...”
“Should what?”
“I mean he might end up falling in love with you and after you tell him it was all part of your operation it'll hurt him, a lot.”
“I never thought of that...” Amy lowered her head and stared at her reflection in the water with sad eyes.
“Anyway, I think you're better off with Shadow.”
Amy's head snapped up, “What?!”
“I mean it'll take a while to break down that barrier he's got up all the time, but I think it's worth it!”
“Oh Rouge I don't think that's - -”
“Come on Amy, you know Shadow's a cutie. With those red streaks of his, that bad-ass attitude...”
“I suppose but - -”
“And you haven't talked about Sonic since you joined us!”
“True, but - -”
“Give it a try.”
“Ok.”
 
Meanwhile Omega and Shadow were in the cave sitting in silence. What was a hedgehog gonna talk to a robot about? Suddenly the sweet smell of strawberries and vanilla caught Shadow's attention. “We're back!!” Amy announced, “Didja miss us?”
“You smell nice.” Shadow answered then realized how stupid he sounded. “Thanks Shadow-kun!”
 
-Lost Jungle-
 
The group decided to take a break from all the walking and searching for Amy. Sonic took the time to make a To Do List, so far he had:
1) Find Amy & Team Dark
2) Rescue Amy
3) Kick Shadow's Ebony Ass
4) Take Shadow's Chaos Emerald and smash it with Amy's hammer... maybe I'll just steal it...
5) Find the Egg Fleet
6) Find Eggman
7) Kick Eggman's fat ass
8) Kick Shadow's ass once and for all
 
“I think that's enough.” Sonic said to himself. “Sonic what are you doing?” Knuckles asked. “Nothing....” Sonic answered putting away the notepad and pencil. “Where could Amy be?” Tails asked Cream. “What if Shadow-san kidnapped Amy and handed her over to Eggman?” Cream answered. “What would Eggman want with Amy? Actually why would Shadow be working him Eggman to begin with?” Knuckles asked. “To piss me off!” Sonic yelled, “That damned Shadow has been nothing but trouble!” Sonic looked up at the sky, “Lord, why must you make my life a living hell?!” He got no answer, “ANSWER ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!” Sonic was the struck by lighting. He twitched for a moment before passing out.
 
“Thank you.” Knuckles whispered.
 
-Unknown Location-
 
Metal Sonic was sitting in Eggman's rolling chair spinning in it, “Weeeeeee!”
“Get your metallic ass out of my chair!” Metal Sonic spun around to see Dr. Eggman in all his fatness. “I don't really feel like it. Ask me later Eggy.” Metal Sonic answered and went back to spinning. “What did you say?!” Eggman asked, his anger rising. Metal Sonic stopped spinning again, “I. Don't. Feel. Like. It. You. Fat. Ass.” he repeated slowly. “Why you little...!” Eggman ran, or at least walked fast, up to Metal Sonic and started choking him Homer Simpson-style. (I'm not sure if you can choke a robot though...)
 
-Outside the Cave Entrance-
 
Everyone was ready to continue their journey to find Eggman's Fleet, but Amy wanted to take another side trip. Rouge sighed, “Amy, we don't have ti - -”
“Ahh come on! I wanna show Shadow-kun that clearing by the hot spring!” Amy argued. “Rouge is right,” Shadow said, “we don't have time to - -”
“Please Shadow-kun, it won't take long I promise! Please?” Amy gave Shadow her best smile the one that no one, not even the Ultimate Life Form himself, could resist. “Fine... But only for a few minutes.”
“Yay!” Amy then did something unexpected and hugged Shadow, rendering him speechless and slightly blushing; Rouge noticed and grinned at him.