Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reluctant Reunion ❯ Leave It All Behind ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All Sonic Team characters are property of Sega.
 
Prologue: Leave It All Behind
 
Setting: Just Moments after Shadow defeated Devil Doom.
 
“Goodbye, Shadow the Hedgehog,” the black hedgehog said as he stared at a faded photo of himself, Gerald Robotnik, who was the one who created him and Maria, the young girl whom Shadow had loved until her life was cut short by G.U.N.
 
He had discovered who he was and his purpose of being created. He had served his purpose and was ready to start a new life. The past was just that, the past, and Shadow was ready to start anew. He took out a green, glowing Chaos Emerald and got ready to Chaos Control himself back to Westopolis. However, just as he did so, a thought hit Shadow.
 
“Can I really start fresh if I go back to them?” Shadow said to himself, staring at the emerald. “Everyone back there would serve as a constant reminder of the past, and how can I move one and put my past behind me if I stay?”
 
Shadow now knew what he had to do. We would have to get away from everyone from all those he had associated himself since being broken out of captivity by Eggman. He would have to start over in a place where he had no connections.
 
“Time to leave it all behind and start over,” Shadow said as he pulled out another Chaos Emerald, this one a royal blue color. “Goodbye, everyone....CHAOS C ONTROL!!” said Shadow and he warped himself far away.
 
That was two years ago...