Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sabrina's Adventure ❯ Run Away and Shadow's Feelings ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Shadow and Sabrina had just got back to her new house in Station Square after they fought Sabre...


Sonic sat in Sabrina's kitchen,worried about where she and Shadow are.They have been missing for over an hour."Man,where did those two go now?" Tails had left already,back to his workshop.He heard the door open and close,then Sabrina and Shadow walked in."Where were you two? I've been waiting over an hour!" He tapped his foot impatiently."Sonic, there's an evil hedgehog out there trying to get me!" Sabrina explained. "What? Why?" Shadow stepped in."Sonic, a yellow hedgehog that looks like Sabrina held me hostage! This person is dangerous!" Sabrina jumped back in. "I really don't believe this,but he said that he's...my twin brother!" Sonic was silenced for a moment."What! No way, Sabrina,did you know this?" Sabrina remembered the picture and pulled it out."What's this?" Sonic asked as he took the picture from her."He gave it to me after I fought him." "So,this is your family?" Sabrina slowly nodded. "Yeah, that yellow hedgehog there is my mom,and that blue one there is my dad.But that black and yellow hedgehog there is the one who attacked me,my brother,Sabre." Sonic looked closely at the picture again and chuckled. "Hm, your father looks like me,alot!" He gave the picture back to Sabrina, who sighed deeply."Yeah,that's who you remind me of.Whenever I see you, it makes me feel better,happier,safer." Sonic smiled.Sabrina started leaning against him and closed her eyes,she soon drifted off to sleep.Sonic smiled."Goodnight,Sabrina." Sonic closed his eyes and went to sleep.Shadow walked to the couch and laid down,he soon fell asleep.



Next Morning...




Sonic woke up when a bright light hit his eyes.He opened his eyes to see the rising sun,he looked across the room and saw Shadow sleeping on the couch,but he also saw Sabrina sleeping on the floor next to him.He smiled and sat up,then stood up and quietly ran outside and left.


Shadow woke up a few hours later,he sat up and stretched,then he saw Sabrina sleeping next to him on the floor. "What?" He remembered seeing her sleeping by Sonic last night, he quietly stood up and walked around her,but before he could do his last step,he felt something grab his leg.He turned his head and saw Sabrina with her arms around it.Shadow didn't know what to do,he tried to pull his foot out without waking her,but she held on tighter.Shadow got a little nervous and pulled a little harder until his hover skate slipped off."Whoa!" Shadow flew out of his shoe and fell on the floor with a loud thud.Sabrina heard the thud and opened her eyes,she saw that she had Shadow's shoe in her hands. "Huh?" She looked over at Shadow.He got up,walked over to Sabrina and took his hover skate. "Don't touch my shoes!" He put his hover skate back on.Sabrina realized what she did."Uh,oops,sorry Shadow! I do that sometimes!" Shadow stood up and started walking out the door. "Where are you going?" Shadow turned around. "I'm going to look for that hedgehog! You'd better stay here in case he's after you again." Sabrina was surprised he was going after her brother,even though he is stronger than Shadow. She stood up. "No! Shadow, Sabre is too powerful for you to fight alone! You could get killed! Besides,he's my brother and so it is my resposibility to stop him!" Shadow understood,but he didn't want anyone innocent to get hurt. "Sorry, but it is my mission to bring hope to humanity.It was Maria's wish." "Who's Maria?" Shadow never told her about the story of his past. "Maria...She was my only friend,my only family,she was the only person I could depend on,until she got shot because of me, she died because of me! She wanted for me to grant her wish, to bring hope to humanity." Sabrina sighed. "Boy,I didn't know you suffered like that just like I did,looks like we've got the same mission.To save the world and protect humanity,huh?" Shadow scoffed and sat down. "Hmph, it seems so,but that doesn't mean you have to follow me everywhere I go!" Sabrina was getting upset. "I know,but this is MY mission! I'd rather go by myself!" Shadow got angry. " Yeah, well,I'd like to see you try!" "As a matter of fact,I WILL!!" Sabrina stood up and walked out of her house,slamming the door behind her. Shadow realized what he did and ran out the door after her,but when he opened the door,she was gone.Shadow didn't really mean for her to leave and stop Sabre alone. "Sabrina!" There was no answer,everything was quiet.He started running through the city, he checked every nook and cranny of the city, but he couldn't find her,she was gone,probably forever.Shadow sadly went back to Sabrina's house,hoping she would come back,but she never did.Shadow never left the house.He just sat in there,thinking,sleeping,pacing the same room for hours and hours.Shadow was getting worried about her.He even cried at times.He kept rethinking about the happy times they had.Their first encounter,the first time he saved her,the secret about her rage,their first dance,the first time she save him.All of those thoughts raced through his mind the rest of that day.He didn't eat,he didn't sleep,he didn't run,he didn't do anything besides think.Nobody has heard from him since.



The next day,Sonic was going to Sabrina's house to ask for a race.He knocked on the door,he was expecting for Sabrina to answer,but when the door opened,he saw Shadow there. "Shadow,what are you doing here?" Shadow didn't answer,all he did was close the door on everyone who came there.Shadow didn't leave the house for several days.Sonic,Tails,Amy,and Cream were getting worried about Sabrina since they haven't seen her in quite a while, going on a week now.One day,Sonic snapped and went to Sabrina's house to talk to Shadow.He furiously pounded on her door. "SHADOW! WE NEED TO TALK! OPEN THIS DOOR,SHADOW!!" Shadow slowly opened the door,but he started to close it.Sonic pushed it back open and walked in.Tails,Amy,and Cream were behind him. "Shadow,what in the world has gotten into you?! Why are you doing this,where's Sabrina?" Shadow sighed deeply and spoke. "Sonic...Sabrina....is gone.She left." Everyone gasped at what he said. "WHAT!?" Shadow tried to explain the problem. "You see...a few days ago,I was planning to go look for Sabre,Sabrina didn't want me to go alone,she wanted to go with me,but I refused to let her go,Sabre is out there somewhere,I didn't want her to get hurt,then we got in an argument,then she left,I went to look for her,but I couldn't find her anywhere.So I stayed here,hoping she would come back.I shouldn't have yelled at her like that,I was too hard on her!" Sonic heard every word. "You idiot! She's out there looking for Sabre?! That also means Eggman is up to something! We have to go find her!" Amy walked up to Shadow and slapped him in the face. "HOW DARE YOU HURT A GIRL LIKE THAT!! YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!" Everyone started pionting fingers at him,yelling at him,and even hitting him.Cream walked up to him. "Why did you hurt Miss Sabrina like that, why?" Tears started to show in Shadow's eyes,he suddenly stood up and ran out of the house. "I-I got to go! Leave me alone!" He ran outside and almost got hit by a car,then went into an alley.Sonic ran behind him and followed.Shadow stopped in a dead end,he layed down and curled into a ball.Sonic stopped next to him and sat down. "Shadow,maybe we can do something about this.Maybe we should go find her,and find Sabre." Shadow uncurled himself and looked up at Sonic. "Do you really think she would come back? She said that Sabre is her brother, so it is her responsibility to stop him! She said that she didn't want anyone interfering her mission." Sonic smiled and looked at him. "Yeah, she's gonna get herself killed! I know you care for her, but I do too.We should go find her and stop her brother.What do you say?" Shadow closed his eyes and thought for a moment.He opened them and smiled. "Okay,let's do this!" Sonic smiled and stood up. "That's the heroic spirit,Shadow!" Shadow stood up and they walked back to Sabrina's house.




When Sonic and Shadow got back to Sabrina's house,Tails,Cream,and Amy were waiting for them to return.They saw the door open and saw Sonic and Shadow. "Were going to go look for Sabrina.Tails,you're coming with us.Amy and Cream,you should stay here.Tails,get the chaos emeralds and the Tornado ready!" Sonic shouted. "Okay!" Tails left the house and to the train station. Amy and Cream walked out of the house to go home. "Alright, just be careful,okay?" Amy said to him before she went through the door. "Good luck,Mister Sonic!" Sonic gave them a thumbs up.A few minutes later,Tails arrived with the Tornado,he landed in front of the house and hopped out. "I got the emeralds,Sonic!" Tails showed him the blue emerald and the red emerald.Shadow stepped up and took out his green emerald. "Count me in,too!" Sonic put his hand in the middle,then Tails put his hand on Sonic's,and Shadow put his hand on Tails's. Tails hopped in the Tornado and put the chaos emeralds in the energy container. "Ready to fly?" Sonic and Shadow smiled and gave a thumbs up.They both jumped into the cockpit and Sonic got on the rear of the plane. "Ready to roll,champ?" Tails nodded and turned on the Tornado's jets.The bi-plane started moving very fast,it stayed on the ground until it went off the Station Square pier and started flying in the sky. "Whoohoo!!" Sonic screamed in the sky as they flew over the ocean.The water was a deep blue,sapphire coloring, it was sparkling from the beautiful midday sun.Shadow got an idea and decided to sit on the wing of the bi-plane,he stood up and crawled out of the cockpit and sat on the wing,Sonic saw him. "Hey,how's the view,Shadow?" Shadow looked down,he was over water,he was afraid of water.Suddenly,the plane started tilting.Shadow got scared. "Ahh, what's happening?" Tails turned his head."Just doin' a trick for style! Here we go!" The plane started turning faster until it was upside-down.Shadow was scared and started hanging on tight to the bars. "Whaaaa!!" Shadow then got the hang of the trick. "Yeah!" everyone enloyed the stunt and the plane stopped spinning and continued it's trip to search for Sabrina.







Will they find Sabrina,or will they find Sabre and square off? Next chapter coming in 2 days! Please Review!