Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Chronicles: The Wrath of Shadow The Hedgehog ❯ The Wrath Of Shadow The Hedgehog Part One ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is part one of the final chapter of the Wrath Of Shadow The Hedgehog. Sorry to those of you who have been waiting so long for this update. I haven't been able to update for personal reasons. Well, anyways, enjoy the story.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Shadow the Hedgehog or related characters. They belong to Sega. Good old Sega. I do happen to own the Silent Assassin robot, but not the name. I found out that Silent Assassin is a name of a Hitman PS2 game.
 
 
 
Chapter 8: The Wrath Of Shadow The Hedgehog Part One
 
 
 
Shadow and Sonic are approaching the outskirts of Capital City. They had reached the area within ten seconds and the other were left behind in the dust. Sonic was looking for the four remaining allies. Shadow looked around at his surroundings, searching and listening out for more Eggman robots, but nothing suspicious could be heard or seen. They were in a rocky area with a number of small boulder that they were able to stand on. After taking in his surroundings, the black hedgeog turned to the direction of their destination. A small number of building could be seen The muted sound of the hustle and bustle of rush hour traffic could be heard. Sonic and Shadow haven't said anything between each other since their rest.
 
After three minutes that felt like hours, Shadow was starting to feel a bit anxious, but did not show any sign of emotion. Were they ambushed and killed by Eggman's forces? Shadow forced the thought of his allies being brutally slaughtered out of his head.
 
Another two minutes later, Sonic broke the silence and said,” If the others don't show up in the next few minutes, I think we should go back and check if everything is okay.” Shadow thought for a few seconds before replying,”Sonic, turn around.” Sonic turned around to see four figures running in his direction. As they got closer, one was a red echidna with long dreadlocks, a white crescent shaped mark on his chest and two spikes on each fist. It was Knuckles.
 
To Knuckles left was a yellow, two tailed fox who was slightly shorter than Knuckles. Tails. Left of Tails was a bat with a snow white head, make up, boots and a heart shaped breastplate. Rouge. Beside Rouge was a robot with metallic red armour that reflected the sunlight and black shoulders with white markings on them. It was Omega. The four remaining heroes had arrived safely. Sonic gave a sigh of relief.
 
“Next time, don't go so fast!” yelled Knuckles as they arrived. The other four heroes had a quick rest. “Now that we're all here, I think we should contact Omachao,” Explained Shadow. Shadow looked at the time. It was 16:00 or 4 p.m.. The six heroes pressed a few buttons. After, they held up their communicators. Suddenly, the dropship they arrived in was overhead. The six heroes took a step back as it landed. When the dropship came to a halt, doors from the back of it opened. A metallic blue robot chao walked out of the dropship. It was Omachao.
 
“Glad to see eveyone is ok,” Omachao announced to his allies. “Here's the next mission. I want you to go into Capital City and destroy every Eggman bot you see. When you destroy one hundred each, the mission is complete. But if you see any more, annihilate them. Make your way to the heart of the city. You should see a gigantic 50 storey building. Get there and contact me for further orders. It is now 16:02. You have until 19:30 to complete this mission, which means you have three hours and twenty-eight minutes. Try to attract as little attention as possible.” Omacaho explained. “Any questions?” he added.
 
“Wouldn't it be a good idea to split up and ambush them? If we stick together, we'll attract more attention.” Tails suggested. “Great idea Tails!” Omachao remarked. “That reminds me,” Omachao took out five backpacks in the colours red, blue, yellow, white and black. Omachao gave the black backpack to Shadow, the blue one to Sonic, the red one to Knuckles, the yellow one to Tails and the white one to Rouge. After giving them their equipment, Omachao opened his arm and asked for their communicators. After taking up the six communicators, he took out twelve microchips, inserted two into each watch,”I've installed a counter to tell you how many robots you've destroyed and how many rings you have and a tracking device which will tell you where you and you're comrades are,” Omachao explained, “Each backpack contains 100 silent EMP bombs which you can set the fuse time by whispering the number of seconds. Press the button in the centre to activate it. The bag also has 100 rings and some food in case you get hungry. Omega, here are your 100 rings and 100 EMP bombs.”
Omega took the supplies from Omachao and put them all into his arms. “Shadow, do you still have the chaos emerald?” Omachao asked. Sahdow reached into the bush of his spikes and flashed a green chaos emerald to Omachao.
 
“I'll drop you off at six different edges off the city and you'll jump. Don't land directly into the city or the mission would be a fail before it even starts. I'll stay there and contact me if anything goes wrong.” Omachao explained. The heroes borded the dropship.
 
The next few minutes were filled with silence and anxiety. The heroes were ready for this mission. A busy city was in sight. Capital City. The back hatch opened. Omachao gave a signal. Omega jumped out from the dropship spread eagled. It was 16:17. They had three hours and thirteen minutes to complete this mission. Omachao turned left and continued in that direction. One minute later, Knuckles jumped from the dropship. After another minute Rouge jumped. After it was Tails then Sonic. It was now Shadow's turn to jump. Shadow looked back at Omachao. He then turned around and jumped. The wind was blowing on his face Shadow was picking up speed. It was getting hard to see. Shadow opened his eyes and put his feet out in front of him and took the impact of the fall. In front of him were large buildings stacked together with voices and rush hour traffic noises in the background. It was 16:25. The mission had begun.
 
Capital City
16:26
 
Three Eggman bots were walking down a street in Capital City. Suddenly the, the bot in between the two's arm fell off and the robot self destructed. The other two held up their arms, only to be destroyed seconds later. A few seconds later, a black hedgehog was standings where the where the the robots stood. Shadow's counter had said 3. “Too easy.” Shadow thought before walking away in a casual manner.
 
Capital Citly
16:26
 
Two Eggman robots were talking in the middle of the street. Suddenly and out of nowhere, there was a blue blur and a large hole through both robots. They fell to the ground and self destructed. A blue hedgehog landed in front of the debris. He smirked and ran off.
 
Capital City
16:27
 
Knuckles charged fist first into four Eggman robots. Knuckles counter now said three. “What?” thought Knuckles. “I thought I seen four!” Just then an alarm was set off and a robotic voice followed it. “Reporting all guardbots. There has been an intruder spotted in Sector 42. They may be responsible for the attacks on the city border defense unit which has not yet been confrimed. Be on high alert.” The voice went away but the alrm stayed on. Knuckles looked around. There was a street sign a few hundred metres away that read Sector 42. “Sh*t,” thought the red echidna as he ran forward.
 
Capital City
16:32
 
There was a large tornado followed by a rain of robot parts. Tails flew away. His counter had said he destroyed 12 robots. Tails only flew a few metres to be confronted by an army of robots side by side. The yellow fox took a fighting stance and charged full speed into the army.
 
Capital City
16:35
 
“Drill Drive!” yelled Rouge as she spun through several guardbots feet first and destroyed them. After, she threw a large Black Wave that separated and impaled more guardbots. Rouge smirked as her counter had rose to 35. She jumped in the air as she threw two more Black Waves and got into a Drill Drive stance and started to spin around, going through several robots and landing on her feet gracefully.
 
Capital City
16:41
 
Omega lay down as flat as he possibly could. The robot was in sniper mode. Three Eggman guardbots came into range. Omega fired one missile a few metres ahead of them. A few seconds later, there was a small explosion. All that was left after the smoke cleared was the remains of the guardbots. “Target Eliminated!” Omega said in his robotiic voice.
 
Capital City
16:47
 
A spinning black blur went right through five guardbots walking in a straight line. As the robots detonated from the damage they took, Shadow's counter went to 56. A few seconds later, there was a sound of static that could be heard throughout the city.. “Attention all Eggman guardbot units of Capital City! This is General Gold Slasher of the Death Squad. There are six people who have breached Capital City via unauthorized means of entry. These are the same squad who ambushed the East gate guards. Call in all gate guards for an all out assault. Search and destroy them upon spotting said intruders. This is not a simulation, repeat, this is not a simulation.”
 
“Damn it. We've been spotted!” Shadow mumbled to himself. Many robots jumped towards Shadow in an attempt to kill him. “Black Tornado Kick!” Shadow yelled as he did a roundhouse kick which was followed by black wind, destroying about five robots. After that, Shadow ascended into the air. Shadow closed his eyes and orange aura began to surround his body. “Chaos Spear!” yelled the black hedgehog as he destroyed a number of robots. “I wonder how the other are keeping up,” Shadow thought to himself as he readied himself for another attack.
 
Capital City
16:54
 
The top half of Omega's body was spinning on its axis, launching exploding missiles from its arms while the bottom half was walking forward, progressing closer to the heart of the city. It was literally rainning robot parts. “Death to Eggman and anyone who stands in my way!” Omega yelled.
 
Capital City
17:10
 
“Where'd she go?!” one of the robots yelled as it leaded a group of Eggman robots. Suddenly, waves of black slowly started to come out of the ground, big enough to surround them all. The robots' armour began to shatter before the entire body collapsed. Rouge jumped out of the shdows and landed in the debris of used to be Eggman robots.
 
Capital City
17:23
 
Tails spun full speed and threw several EMP bombs around him. The Eggman robots fell and exploded, causing those unlucky robots who were too close to also be destroyed. Tails use these few precious seconds to get closer into the city, only to confront more robots.
 
Capital City
17:35
 
Knuckles drilled through several Eggman robots lined up. “Thunder Arrow!” Knuckles yelled as he swung his fists violently, only to be follwed by lightning, short circuiting and destroying every Eggman robot hit by his fists. “Where do they all keep coming from?” Knuckles thought to himself as Eggman robots started to fill every gap and space around him.
 
Capital City
17:58
 
A large group of Eggman robots were chasing Sonic. Sonic rounded up a large group of Eggman robots and started to run circles around them. He started to pick up speed and a wind began to stir up. All the robots were lifted off their feet and Sonic turned into a ball and bounced off every robot suspended in mid-air, destroying every single one. “Pinball style,” Sonic said as he landed with a smirk on his face.
 
Capital City
18:22
 
Shadow sweep kicked an Eggman robot beefore smshing his elbow into another. Shadow ripped a signpost from the ground, spun around and smashed it into a large number of robots. Shadow looked at his communicator. “I've taken down 395 robots in less than two and a half hours. Only one hour left. Might as well get them to follow me to the mission goalpoint. I hope the others are already there. I can't last much longer,” Shadow thought to himself and jumped on robot to robot. As soon as Shadow hit the ground, he made a run for it.
 
As he took cover in a dumpster, Shadow looked at his communicator and press the tracker button. Shadow appeared as a black dot. He was less than two kilometres away from his target. The others seemed to have taken up the same tactic as Shadow as their figures on the tracking device neared their goal point.
 
Shadow got out of the dumpster, only to be ambushed by five guardbots. Shadow turned into his ball form and spin dashed through his enemies, creating a large ball of fire. Shadow didn't waste any time on the approaching guardbots and legged it for the large building in sight which had the Eggman symbol on it.
 
Suddenly the alarm was silent. Then the robotic voice of General Gold Slasher could be heard. “All remaining guardbot units of Capital City return to their unit quarters for a squad meeting. That is all.” Shadow looked behind him to see the guardbots following him retreat. Shadow sighed of relief and continued his journey to the heart of the city.
 
Capital City
18:57
 
Shadow arrived in an alleyway a few hundred metres away from the building, only to see the rest of his squad there. “Where were you, Shadow? We thought they took you hostage,” Sonic commented. Shadow brushed off the comment and gave his trademark “Hmph!”
 
“It's gonna be pretty difficult for Omachao to meet up with us,” Tails explained,”They've got the sky guarded!”
“Lets talk to Omachao,” Rouge said as she pressed a few buttons on her communicator and a hologram of Omachao came up. “Omachao, They've got the sky guarded and an emergency guardbot briefing,” Knuckles said.
“Okay, do you think there is any other way for us to meet you without guardbos spotting us?” Omachao asked. Omega went into scanning mode. A few seconds later, Omega said “There is a sewage system in front of the Eggman building under a dumpster. Do you think we could meet up underground?”
“The dropship has a built in digging system. I can. Don't go there straightaway. See if you can get a closer look of what's going on in that building,” With that, Omachao's hologram disappeared.
 
The six heroes continued cautiously towards the building. Something started to glitter up ahead. “Is that a chaos emerald?” Sonic asked.
“This is way too easy. Its probably a fake chaos emerald and its obviously a trap,” Shadow said.
“We might as well set it off, be on high alert,” Knuckles said. The six of them charged towards the emerald, Sonic and Shadow were first to get there. Shadow looked at it. “It's a fake. There are no black chaos emeralds.” Suddenly, a large number of iron bars came out of the ground and surrounded them at three ends. The fourth end was blocked off by the large building. Each bar was about fifty feet high. “Guys, get out of here! It's a trap!” Sonic yelled but it was too late. All six heroes were trapped by the iron bars. “Now I've got you!” A familiar robotic voice called out. A few seconds later, a large Eggman robot, about the size of three hammerbot and gold was standing in front of them. It had a large lance in its left and its right hand was free. “General Gold Slasher...” Omega mumbled.
 
To be Continued...
 
A/N: That's the end of part one. Plase review. Look out for part two. Also, there's this really good story called Naruto Rewritten. If you like Naruto, give it a try.