Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: The ARK Incident ❯ 0. Prologue--Spring Cleaning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Another story started, and another I'm determined to finish. This is a retelling of SA2. I don't have an official beta reader for this one, but Rina-chan is always my unofficial beta reader, and along with correcting my typos, she always does something to get a laugh out of the chapter. (Such as making sexual innuendos to the most inappropriate times, right, Rina-chan? XD) I'll write this whenever inspiration strikes, which might be quite often, for I'm on something of an SA2 binge.
 
This is my version of SA2, which keeps the same dialogue, only puts the entire thing in order and fills in some of the “what happened here” gaps, not to mention giving it sort of a realistic twist, I hope?
 
I also referenced the timeline I sorted out with the Sonic Adventure 2 movie on YouTube, made by the user SonicMovies. Go check him out, he makes some cool Sonic movies from just the cutscenes!
 
Disclaimer: I own not Sonic Adventure 2 or any of the characters. They and the plotline are owned by Sonic Team and Sega. I'm just borrowing them for some tweaking :3
 
Dedicated to Rina-chan and Rainbowgal, two of my friends that always understand and put up with my Sonic rants. I love you two girls! <3
 
 
Prologue
 
Dr. Ivo Robotnik was bored.
 
Well, bored was one way to put it. Another was, he'd been thwarted again recently, and was still licking his wounds, in quite the foul temper. Not only had one of his greatest creations gone against him, but also his mythical slave of sorts. Teaching Eggman another painful lesson: Don't fuck with Gods of Destruction.
 
To resolve his problem and ignore the painful blow to his ego, he was cleaning out one of his numerous computer rooms.
 
The Pyramid Base hadn't been used in years, and Eggman wasn't sure how he'd remembered it was there, exactly. He had a few scattered here and there, but the Mystic Ruins base and the Pyramids were the only ones that were currently operational. The Egg Carrier needed to be rebuilt, and he had a blueprint for a fleet that would blow that damned blue hedgehog right out of his cocky, speedy shoes.
 
But, the fleet would take time to build. Time Eggman simply didn't have the patience to begin at the moment. And yet, he had the time to sift through hundreds of disks, chin propped on his hand like a bored teenager. Still, the middle-aged madman didn't question it; he always lost. To himself.
 
Steel eyes masked behind high-technological sunglasses drooped, red-rimmed and exhausted. He'd been at this for hours, and still had a lot of crap to get through. He was learning another lesson: Don't leave your evil world domination plans unorganized. If they were this ludicrous simply trash the stupid things, don't keep them for later use.
 
Eggman ejected the millionth disc that hour, idly tossing it to his left, listening to it grind through the machine. He pulled another one out of the stack and shoved it in.
 
Disc inserted
 
Open?
 
“No,” Eggman sighed irritably, hating this question. “I stuck it in there just to test you. Of course you need to open the goddamn thing!”
 
When there was no response, Eggman snarled in irritation and hit the enter key. Of course, he wasn't taking his chances with programming another AI yet. Not until he'd perfected the flaws he'd left in Gamma.
 
Text appeared on the screen, and after rubbing his bleary eyes, sipping cold coffee, and pulling a face, he read, pushing his glasses up on his face, where they rested just below his goggles.
 
January 17, 2XXX
 
I think I have actually gotten somewhere in my research! Tests today show prolonged life status. This is the farthest I've gotten in a cure… but I'm tired, and must check on Maria's condition.
 
Eggman blinked. Maria…that was the name of…his cousin? He didn't quite remember. He did remember golden hair, bright blue eyes, and a brilliant smile, but only from a picture. She'd died when he was very young, in some sort of accident. A car accident? Eggman shook his head and continued reading, skimming really.
 
 
March 10, 2XXX
 
It's Ivo's birthday today, and the perfect opportunity to test my transporter. I hope the package gets to him on time.
 
GUN has been skulking around the ARK…inquiring about the President's project and looming over our shoulders, watching our research. My cover was almost blown when they found our guest…they'd never understand the lengths needed to create immortality…
 
Eggman did a double take. Immortality? This was starting to get interesting…
 
June 19, 2XXX
 
Today…today my son was born. A hedgehog, black with red stripes, and a most beautiful set of red eyes... He will be Maria's companion…
 
Facts loosely glued themselves to Eggman's brain. He was fascinated, but too tired to really put the pieces together. A hedgehog? His grandfather had created life? But there was no other mention of immortality. A bit disappointed, Eggman scrolled down to the last entry, a year later.
 
His eyes drooped, the words blurred on the screen. There was no way he could stay awake…
 
Destruction…
 
Here, Eggman's eyes snapped wide open. Destruction? Thoroughly interested, he pressed the call button for another cup of coffee. This was going to be a long night.
 
 
END NOTES:
 
For those who haven't played the game…this isn't an actual part of it. But there was the question as to how Eggman found the disc in the first place, and this is my answer.
 
`till the next chapter
 
Danni