Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Riders: Urban Struggle ❯ Chapter 5: Sabotage and the Babylonian Garden ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 5: Sabatoge and the Babylonian Garden
 
Out in the middle of a desert, Storm rides on his Extreme Gear towards Jet and Wave, who were by a ruin next to the coliseum, waiting for him. He soared towards his comrades and shouted as he drew near them, "Boss! Sorry to keep you waiting for me!" He comes to a grinding halt on his Extreme Gear, but it knocks him off his board and he lands facedown on the sand.
"How'd it go?" Jet questioned.
Storm stands up, panting. "Take a look at this, boss!" He shows a small microchip out to Jet.
Wave suddenly takes the chip, "Gimme!" Fortunately, it projects a fast-paced stream of data onto a holographic monitor. The purple swallow examined the device, "Uh-huh. Yes. Hmm? Is this...?"
Jet asked, "What is it?"
Storm replied, "It's an entry in Eggman's diary. It's about the Babylon treasure from our ancient ancestors."
A few new screens appear, one of them was the diary by Dr. Eggman. Jet read the diary aloud, "Hmm... "Hahahaha! I got those birdbrains to believe that Babylon treasure was just a gem. I can't believe they fell for it! What fools! Can you believe the real treasure is the ancient, but advanced technology of the Babylonians? What irony! I've found a story about a boy who received an Angel Wing from the Babylonians as a gift. The story says that with it, the boy was able to rule the world. And this was just a gift! I'm anxious to find this technology as soon as possible. Imagine the vast possibilities of the technology they must have kept for themselves. Hehehehehe!"
The diary entry ends.
Storm groaned, "Aw man, I guess it's not a gem after all..."
"Hmm." Jet picks up his board and starts walking away, "Oh well; guess this was just a wasted effort. Too bad, really; I haven't the slightest interest in world domination or advanced technology."
Wave called to her friend, "Hey, wait a second, okay Jet?"
Jet stops walking and turns back as Wave explained to him,"While Eggman may not look smart, he is; he has an IQ of three-hundred after all. If he's interested in this technology, it must have value."
Jet asked, "Are you saying there's profit in this?"
Wave answered, Think about it; it may be more valuable than finding silver or gold!"
Jet glances up to the sky, "Ah..." He then imagines himself standing amid piles and piles of gold coins. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"
Wave's alarm sounds, ruining the hawk's daydream. Jet asked, a bit angry about the noise ruining his daydream, "Why'd you do that? I was just having this great daydream."
The purple swallow turns the alarm off and said to Jet, "Come on Jet, it's time to go back to the race."
"Alright, let's finish this; then we'll finally get the treasure of Babylon!" Jet replied, before he, Wave and Storm all ride off towards the coliseum on their Extreme Gear.
 
----------
Meanwhile in the coliseum, Omochao announced through the speakers, Now, our race has reached its final stage. The remaining competitors are pacing, anxious for the race to begin. Only a few minutes left. Who will win this big event?
Confetti is being thrown in the coliseum as the crowd cheered for another race. Amy Rose called out to Sonic, who was near the starting line, "Sonic! Congratulations! I'll be over here, cheering you on!"
Sonic nodded to the pink hedgehog as Amy smiles back. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Jet were all starting to walk up the coliseum's large staircase.
Eggman announced through the television for the final race, "And now, it's time for the final event! And it's set here... in Sand Ruins! The rules are still the same; anything goes in this extreme race! Although it needs no further explanation, the first one to reach the goal will win this race!" Five of the seven Chaos Emeralds are set on an altar at the stair's top, "But remember, the prize will be won by the racer who's performed the best throughout this competition!"
Sonic takes out his Chaos emerald and Jet does the same. The green hawk smirked to his rival, "Hah, you're lucky you got this far. It obviously wasn't due to your skills."
"Heh, I won't lose now." Sonic smirked back. He and Jet then both set their Emeralds down.
Eggman chuckled, "Hohoho! Get ready; it's time for the final race to begin!"
 
-------
Meanwhile, Aura, Angel, and Max ran through the desert area as fast as they could, their feet beating against the sand. They were heading towards the coliseum hoping to reach the race on time to stop the sabotage. The kids soon arrived at the top of a small cliff and they could see the colisem a few miles away.
"Uh oh! There they are!" Max exclaimed, pointing towards two dots, which heading towards the stadium at high speed. Sonic and Jet have made it to the clear area behind the coliseum; without any obstacles. The green hyena moaned, "Oh man, Jet's gonna ruin Sonic's victory when he's near the finish line."
"Not if I can help it." Aura growled, before her body was coated in a fiery glow, her shape morphed and th glow dissapeared. Standing in Aura's place was a large, blue beast. It was a 7-feet tall, oriental dragon with ten, white wings extending her daschund-like body. Two brown, goat horns appeared on her head as cobalt blue frills overlaid her neck. Her eyes were still green and her legs were built for agility and swiftness. Aura, now in her true dragon form, looked at Angel and Max and said to them in a hoarse, but feminine voice, "You guys head for the stadium, I'll stop the sabotage."
"Okay!" Max and Angel chorused, before jumping off the cliff and ran towards the entrace to the coliseum while Aura galloped
Sonic was far in the lead, smirking with hope as he neared the finish line. Jet roared with anger, "No!!"
However, Wave was standing behind a stone slab in the middle of the area. As Sonic passes her by, she prepares to press a remote control and pressed it, detonating an explosive on the underside of Sonic's board just as he enters the coliseum. The blue hedeghog landed painfully to the ground on his side.
As Aura was a few miles away from Wave, she saw Jet riding pass both an injured Sonic and the goal, taking first place with confetti falling and the crowd gathered in the entire coliseum, cheering for the hawk's victory.
"I was too late..." Aura muttered, before reverting back to her original form.
Jet goes over to Sonic and sneered, "Ah, the dirt suits you so well." The green hawk gets back on his board as Sonic hits the ground with his fist in frustration. Jet rides to the Chaos Emeralds, where he raises his control box. The Emeralds rise into the air and encircle Jet and ach of them shot out a small beam of light into the control box, which ignite a glowing sphere inside it. Said sphere fires a beam of light like the Emeralds, but aiming it out at the desert. In the distance, mountains of dirt are thrown out as a loud rumbling starts. A floating ruin rises out of the sand and into the sky.
Jet gasped with wonder, "This... this is... Babylon Garden..."
Suddenly, a crane reaches out from above and grabs the control box out of Jet's hand. Jet, dazed by the sight of Babylon Garden, didn't notice the crane, but only flexes his hand slightly with the feel of the box missing. He then notices that the box is gone.
Eggman chuckled evilly, hovering above Jet, "Hohohohoho! Now I'll get the Treasure of Babylon!"
Amy cried out, "Oh no!" She ran up to Eggman and grabbed onto the machine he was using to fly. Ignoring Amy, Eggman takes off toward the Babylon Garden in a rush.
Jet shouted, "Eggman!"
Sonic called, "Tails! Knuckles! We gotta get Eggman!" Tails and Knuckles nodded to their friend and raced off into the desert to get the Tornado.
Few moments later, Aura, Angel, Max, and Serenity ran toward the spot where Sonic and his team were. They stopped in their tracks while witnessing the blue hedgehog along with Tails and Knuckles race off into the desert. Aura saw Jet, Wave, and Storm soar after Eggman on their boards and decided to fly after them.
"Come on, guys! Let's follow them." Aura said, before she flapped her wings and flew towards the large island. Angel and Serenity soared after their leader while and Max twirled his three tails and hovered after them.