Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Riders: Urban Struggle ❯ Chapter 4: Secrets and Spies ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4: Secrets and Spies
The airship is flying near a couple of mountains in the night sky above the clouds where the moon shines brightly. Inside Jet's room, Jet is holding his control box to ease his boredom. He hears heavy footsteps running to the door outside, his feet thumping loudly on the floor; reaching the door, Storm abruptly flings it open. Th grey albatross said with a stutter, "S-Sorry!"
Jet exclaimed, "Wha-?!"" That was all the hawk could say before he fell out of his seat as Storm bangs on his desk. The gray albatross began, "Boss? T-The red dude beat me, in the race...!"
Jet pulls himself up using the desk as a support, then growls at Storm. Wave walks up to the side of the door. "Man, you really are worthless." She said with a slight glare.
Storm looks back at Wave, but then turns again to Jet. "Boss, it wasn't my fault! H-he must've cheated; that's it. He must've used some special type of Gear!"
"What?!" Wave said with outrage, "Are you implying that you lost because of my Gear?! No one can tune a Gear the way I can! Accept it, buddy, it's not the board; your skills just suck.
Storm stuttered with disbelief, "W-wh...W-wha? S...S...S-Suck?"
Wave replied, "Yes. S-U-C-K. Suck."
"Su... su...su-"
Jet bellowed, "Stop it!! Now, let's get down to business. I believe our colleague, Eggman... He's gotta be hiding something. And you know... I don't like secrets, so I've got a job for you, Storm."
Storm responds, "Sure!"
"I want you to sneak into Eggman's base, and find out what he's hiding there!" Jet instructed sternly, "Make sure you look carefully."
Storm salutes, "You got it, boss." He turns to leave, but Jet spoke out to him again.
"Hey, before you go... Bring something back, or don't return at all."
Storm replies, "Yes, SIR!" He runs out of the room at blazing speed, and as he passes the door and turns back to Jet, he saluted again, and slams the door shut, knocking a framed picture off the wall, which falls down on Jet's head.
Jet then roared with rage, "AHHH!!" The green hawk kicks the painting away, then kicks his table away also.

------------
In the forest, Jet lies on the ground, asleep. Waking up a little and yawning, his eyes gazing up into the sun amoungst the trees. "Where are those kids? I suppose they went to do their own thing." He then sighed with aggravation, leaning back, "I hope Serenity is doing her mission like I told her." The green hawk prepares to return to sleep. However, Wave walks by, interrupting his nap by muttering to herself in worry.
"Oh... oh boy, oh boy... Ugh!" The purple swallow moaned, walking around.
Jet wakes up and uttered a word, "Huh?"
Wave scoffed, "Hmph, what's taking Storm so long?"
Jet replied with an easygoing tone, "Just sit down and relax. Chill, Wave."
Wave scolded at Jet's behavior, "Really, Jet! How can you be so relaxed at a time like this?! Don't you see? As you leader, you've got responsibilities. Some you understand, but you-" Wave's voice then changes into a high-pitched, squeaky, inanely fast tone as Jet tunes her out. After a while, Jet notices something. "Huh?" He sees Sonic launching off a ramp, doing three right-spin tricks on his Gear, as Tails and Knuckles watches.
Jet said to himself with a devious smile, "Hmm, I think it's time for a little fun." The green hawk tiptoes away, taking care not to make any noise while Wave was doing her lecture with her eyes closed; he makes it into the clear.
After a few moments, Wave opened her eyes and saw no one in front of her. "Huh?" She sees Jet jumping up some trees and shouted, "Hey, Jet! You come back here! Right now!...Why do I even bother? Unless I take charge, nothing ever gets done here." The purple swallow picks up her board and walks off.
Omochao annoucned the next race on the speakers, "The semifinal race will begin in ten minutes! Please convene at the gate prior to that time."
Sonic exlaimed, "Hah!" He flips off his board, catches it, then lands on the ground.
Tails quiered, "That's cool, Sonic! When did you learn those techniques?"
Sonic smirked to his two-tailed friend, "He-heh!"
"Not very impressive for someone of your reputation." a voice said from above, as the trio looked up to see Jet standing on a tree branch.
Sonic growled, "You..."
Jet continued, "You know, I've checked you out actually. Not bad; I admit you're pretty fast on your feet. But here, it's a whole different story when riding with Extreme Gear! You see, to be the fastest on a Gear, you have to become one with the wind! Without wings, well, you might as well kiss the ground and go home! Ah-hahahahahaha!" He leaps away into the trees until he disappears with a cackle.
Knuckles growled, "Who does he think he is?!"
Sonic replied, "Hmm... Well I don't think he's all talk, you know; I better be on my toes during this competition."
Tails had just flashbacked at what Wave had said about his technology. I never imagined anyone would enter the race with such a piece of junk. He sighed after remembering Wave's cruel words and said grimly to his friend, "Sorry, Sonic; I just need to fine tune some things, then your Extreme Gear will be at a hundred percent."
Sonic smiled, "Hey, Tails, you always do your best, so don't worry."
Tails responded, "Yeah, but she has a point; she's a really brilliant mecha mechanic. Sonic! Don't worry; I'll unlock the secret of the Extreme Gear for us!" Sonic nods.
Serenity fell from the branches to the ground below, landing face-first into the dirt. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles turned around and saw the girl rising to her knees, rubbing her head with her claws. "You! You're that girl!" Knuckles growled, pointing a finger at Serenity.
Tails questioned Serenity with a glare, as Sonic walked up beside him, "Were you spying on us?"
Serenity began, trying to think of a way to escape, "I...uh...LOOK!!" She pointed a claw. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles instantly looked towards the direction Serenity was pointing to, but nothing but trees. They looked back towards the girl only to see her running off into the distance, looking back while leaping and flying away.
However, Knuckles wasn't going to let some spy get away. "Get back here!" He roared, racing after the kid at full speed. Serenity then screamed with terror, as she bolted away from the red echidna as fast as she could towards the distance
A few moments later, the white child landed on the ground to take a breather, her wings aching from flying too fast while she started to pant with fatigue. She looked back and saw Knuckles still gaining on her. As Knuckles got close, Serenity quickly grabbed hold of something that flew by her at high speed. Knuckles stopped and glanced up to see Wave the Swallow on her Extreme Gear, pulling Serenity out of harm's way.
"Hold on tight, cutie." Wave said sternly with a grin, as Serenity nodded to her, gripping the end of the board with her sickled claws. Knuckles growled and was about to go after them in his Extreme Gear, but was stopped by Sonic.
The blue hedgehog said calmly, "Let her go. Besides I bet she has enough information from us already. Come on, Knux, we have a race to win." The blue hedgehog then walked away with the red echidna close by to their next race.