Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Riders: Urban Struggle ❯ Chapter 3: Feather-Brained Rivals ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Feather-Brained Rivals
Near Splash Canyon, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles had just finished their first race, taking a break from all the excitement. They were suspicious about Eggman's motives and why he made the World Grand Prix. "Yeah, but what exactly is Eggman really after?" Knuckles asked curiously.
Sonic replied with a shrug, "Aw, it can't be anything too important."
"Mister Sonic!" a voice rang out, as the blue hedgehog turned to Serenity running to him. She said, "I have a message for you from Jet the Hawk. He wants me to tell you that he's looking forward in seeing you in the finals if you make it."
"He is, is he?" Sonic questioned, glancing up with his finger on his chin.
Knuckles asked, looking at Serenity with a slight glare, "Hey, haven't I seen you before?"
"Uh, no, no, no!" The white child sweatdropped, shaking her head, "I'm just a messenger for Jet."
Sonic then said to Serenity with a stern voice, "Well, tell Jet this, when I'm in the finals with him, I'll be ready to show him my real sonic speed. Got it?"
"Y-Yes, mister Sonic, sir." With that, the white child raced off back the way she came from, disappearing behind the woods. Knuckles was still a bit puzzled about the girl's appearance. He saw her from somewhere, but he couldn't put a finger on it.
A familiar, female voice rang out, "Hey Sonic!!"
Sonic stops in his tracks, recognizing the voice, "Huh? Amy...?" His eyes drooped as he turned around to see Amy Rose running up to him and screeching to a halt. "Don't tell me you've signed up too." The blue hedgehog moaned.
Amy replied, "Of course. It really looks exciting and fun. Why wouldn't I join? And besides...this way, I'll be able to keep my eyes on you." She winked at her hero while Sonic moaned with digust. Tails is looking at Sonic's board.
Sonic called softly, "Tails?"
The yellow kitsune muttered, "Hmm... That mark..." He flashbacked to the emblem on Storm's board.
Sonic said, "Mark?"
Tails replied, "Uh-huh. I think it was on the boards of those guys we ran into in Future City ...Babylon..."
Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy echoed silmoutaneously, "Babylon??"
Tails nodded, "Yes; the mark of the Babylon Rogues. A long time ago, there was a floating island known as Babylon Garden. Supposedly, robbers lived there. According to rumors... this legendary band, the Babylon Rogues, were great thieves. Legend also says that the Babylon Rogues incurred the wrath of the Gods because of their crimes, and that the island was cast into the depths of the Earth. After that, supposedly the Babylonians were then scattered for all time, never to be found. But they say that the Babylon Rogue's treasure still remains on that island, waiting to be discovered. There are also rumors that the Babylon Rogues were Extreme Gear specialists."
Knuckles asked, "Still, how can a plank like that just float?"
Tails replied, "That's easy to explain. According to the Kutta-Joukowski Lift Theorem, the control surface flow is balanced by the inverse kinetics of the-" Knuckles' eyes started spinning, he couldn't take Tails' explanation anymore.
Knuckles roared, "STOP!! I get it, okay?! It just floats and that's good enough for me!"
"Ah-hahahaha!" a voice echoed out, interrupting the conversation as the group turned to Wave chortling while walking with Angel up to everyone.
Knuckles questioned, "Huh?"
Wave spoke out, "Sorry, but it's just too funny!"
Amy exclaimed, looking at Angel, "Hey! I know you. You're one of the leaders of the Urban Freedom Fighters, am I right?" Angel glanced over to Wave, who shook her head to her. The pink girl then looked back to Amy and replied, changing her voice into a rather, elegant one, "No, I am not. You must be mistakened me for someone else."
The pink hedgehog responded, "Oh. Sorry, I could've sworn your face looked familiar from somewhere. Huh. Probably my imagination."
The purple swallow then looks over at Tails, who's holding Sonic's Airboard, the Blue Star. Let's see... The purple swallow was suddenly interested in Sonic's airboard, "Huh? That Gear's unusual."
Tails responded proudly, "Customized it myself."
Wave picks it up and examines it. "Hmm..." She thought with secrecy, This isn't half bad for an amateur. Still, you can never be too careful. The purple swallow then turns the board around and places a small bomb on it.
Wave chuckled, "Hmm! Hahahahahaha! Well, I never imagined anyone would enter the race with such a piece of junk. Hahaha!" That comment made Sonic, Amy, Knuckles, and including Angel, look at Wave with a look of shock. The purple swallow hands the board back to Tails, "Thanks though. It was good for a laugh. See ya, shorty!"
Wave then walks away, and Angel was the only one who didn't leave. She turned back to Tails and said with a small smile, "For the record, I think your board looks cool. I bet anyone who invents with this kind of technology would enter the race."
"Thanks." Tails replied gratefully, forming a small smile on his muzzle. Angel then turns around and followed Wave into the distance, walking side by side with the swallow.
"Well, at least someone likes your technology, Tails." Amy spoke out, then fumed about Wave's comment about his friend's technology, "Oh, but that girl! Who does she think she is?!" She was unaware that Wave smirked deviously as she walks away with Angel until they both disappeared.
Sonic agreed, "Yeah! How can she just walk in and diss Tails?"
Knuckles responded, "I know! And tinkering's all he's really good at, too." Tails then looks in Wave's direction and was beginning to be infuriated about the comment she made about the board he made for Sonic. Omochao's voice rang out from the speakers all around the group, "The next race is about to begin. Please come to the gate, participants!" Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy all started running to the gate as fast as they could.
A green, humanoid hyena wearing a black necklace, a gold belt, and turquoise shoes, had just peeked out from the covering of the trees, has now gathered enough information from Sonic and his friends for his friend and leader.(A/N: He belongs to a friend of mine) He leapt down from the branches and quickly ran off with a smirk. "Serenity, would love to hear this from 'The Max'." The hyena muttered, before disappearing into the distance.

----------
Back on Jet's flying airship, Serenity was in Jet's room, telling him what she heard,"Sonic told me to tell you that when he's in the finals, he's going to show you his real super sonic speed."
"He said that, huh?" Jet questioned, and as he saw Serenity nod, the hawk continued, "What else have you heard from him?"
The white child replied sheepishly, "Well, from my friend and comrade, I heard that Wave has set a small bomb on Sonic's board and-"
"Excellent!" Jet interrupted, "Then we are ready for plan B. You're dismissed."
Serenity responded obediently, "Yes, sir." She then bounded towards the door and disappeared into the hallways. The white child thought, I gotta tell Angel and Aura about this.
After Serenity found her allies, Max the Hyena had already said to Aura that Wave has set a bomb on Sonic's board. The blue girl shouted, "HUH?! Wave placed a bomb on Sonic's board?!"
The green hyena replied, "Yeah. And if he's near the finish line in the finals, Wave will activate it and blow Sonic up to keep him from winning."
"This is terrible." Angel said, "We can't let the Babylon Rogues do this. It's unfair."
Serenity spoke out, with Max nodding to her respond, "Sonic and the others are probably finishing the next race by now. It's a few more races till the finals."
"Then we have plenty of time to tell him about the bomb." Aura responded, "Serenity, you go do your mission for Jet. Max, Angel, you two are with me. Let's go!" With that, the small group dispersed into separate directions and towards their destinations.

----------
Twenty minutes after the race, Knuckles walks past a couple of robots in the Egg Factory. As he turns a corner, he and Storm bumped into each other, resulting in Knuckles lying on the floor. After a moment to take in what just happened, they point to each other-
Knuckles and Storm both gasped, "Ah!"
The red echidna declared, "It's you!"
Storm growled, "I'll make sure to pay you back for this!"
The red echidna stands up with a smirk before saying, "Hah! I let you get away last time, but definitely not today!"
"Why wait 'til later, you little punk?" Storm retorted, "I'll pay you back tenfold, NOW!"
Knuckles then starts to wind up a punch, but hits the robot behind him instead. As it falls down against Knuckles, he props the robot up and apologizes, "Em, sorry."
Storm laughed, "Wa-hahahaha! What're you doin', you clumsy fool? Was that supposed to be some kind of punch?" The gray albatross then begins to wind up a punch of his own.
Knuckles smirked, "Nice try, buddy!" He dodged to the side, making Storm hit the red robot by accident. Storm walks closer to the robot with a sorry look on his face. He said, "Sorry there! It wasn't my fault! If he hadn't jumped out of the way just now, I would've clobbered-" The robot's arm then comes off in Storm's hand right before it blows up.
Knuckles roared, "WHAT?!" The red echidna and Storm both glared at each other, only to be interrupted by Omochao's voice annoncing the next race, "The race is about to start! All participants, please get to your positions now."
Knuckles growled furiously, roughly pointing to his gray rival, "Gah! The track then; we'll settle this there!"
"Looking forward to it!" Storm replied with a smile of satisfaction.